103 Hikes in Southwestern British Columbia

103 Hikes in Southwestern British Columbia

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Southwestern British Columbia's bestselling and most comprehensive hiking guide is bigger and better than ever. It guides hikers of all abilities around lakes, rivers, and mountains from the North Shore and Howe Sound to Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton, and east to the Fraser Valley and Hope-Manning Park. Each route contains directions to the trailhead, photographs and descr...more
Published May 28th 2008 by Greystone Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about 103 Hikes in Southwestern British Columbia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 103 Hikes in Southwestern British Columbia

Susan
My edition does not seem to be here, so I chose the closest one (my copy is also 'revised and updated 6th edition) but has a different cover).

This is a great book for anyone who is hiking in Southwestern BC. I belong to a hiking club and I think everyone I have hiked with has some version of this book. This guide gives very detailed descriptions of each hike, including highlights, and cautions. The book also gives a fairly honest overall idea of the experience of each hike. At the beginning of e...more
Fortitudine
No excuse to rate this book or subject matter anything less than 5 stars. It is probably the best general hiking guide to Southwestern B.C. that I know of.
Jayme
Feb 03, 2010 Jayme rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People looking for new places to hike in the Lower Mainland and surrounding area.
Each hiking location includes a small map with the major roads into the area marked, as well as the hiking trails. A section at the very top of each entry has extra information like distance from Vancouver, average grade, how much time to allow for, and the round trip length. The descriptions of the trails are really thorough and give good landmarks so you know you're on the right trail.
Urban Crow
i have done many of the hikes listed in this book and have always found the directions, maps and descriptions accurate (unlike many other hiking trail books i have experienced).
Daphne
Daphne is currently reading it
Jun 07, 2014
Danclegg
Danclegg is currently reading it
Nov 22, 2013
Barbc
Barbc added it
Feb 27, 2013
Anna Karenina
Anna Karenina marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2012
Kim Jorgensen
Kim Jorgensen marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2012