Start by marking “The Betrayal” as Want to Read:
The Betrayal

The Betrayal

3.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  18 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
One brother races against time to save the other before it's too late. When Matt has a dream, it sends two brothers on a hunt for a cave. Matt doesn't know why they have to go there; he just knows they have to go. When they arrive, Matt finds out that the vision turns out to be a trap. A Darkness like no other wants to control Matt and kill Zack. When a demon asks Zack a q ...more
Nook, 219 pages
Published October 6th 2010 by sheila hendrix (first published September 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Betrayal

Visionary
Nov 13, 2011 Visionary rated it really liked it
The premise of this book sounded good, and I have a son getting into reading. The last book he read I read before to see if it would be to his speed.

Thus far, we meet the two brothers and the demon.

14% in, and I must say I like how the story flows, the way it reads. I can see my son Zack and Matt's background has been revealed and answered several of the questions I had had about the brothers.

Curious about the background of the demon and hope the deeper in the story I get, the more we'd learn a
ѦѺ™
Mar 02, 2011 ѦѺ™ rated it liked it
Love is whatever you can still betray ... Betrayal can only happen if you love. - John LeCarre

abandoned by their parents at an early age, Zachariah and Matthew McCannon have only each other to rely on. Matt has powers that make him the target of evil forces but Zack will do everything and anything to protect his younger brother. when they face the demon Alanya also known as The Destroyer, both brothers' loyalty and skills will be tested to the limit.
i find this book very emotional in the sense t
Jaidis Shaw
Mar 04, 2011 Jaidis Shaw rated it liked it
The Betrayal by Sheila Hendrix is the first book in The Dark Circle Saga. It introduces us to brothers Zach and Matt who have had to rely on each other since they were young boys when their parents left them. Zach, being the oldest, saw to it that nobody could ever take his brother away from him and so they travel from place to place. Normally this would just be a sad story, but throw in the fact that younger brother Matt has visions, and the story becomes more interesting. Along their travels, ...more
Kimberly
Nov 08, 2012 Kimberly rated it really liked it

The main reason I signed up for this tour was because the summary of The Betrayal really got me interested. There's a refreshing quality to the novel and I really enjoyed that.

This is a paranormal YA novel but unlike most novels in the genre the main character is a boy which I personally found to be a nice change of pace because there is only so many YA novels I can read with whining girls as the main characters.

I was really impressed with this first novel in The Dark Circle Saga. It reminded m
Cheryl
Cover Inspection:

This book looks kind of creepy. I can't figure out what the person/thing is on the front going into the cave. It looks part human and part monster, but it looks like whatever it is has a mini skirt on!

First Thoughts:

Alanya must be the character that is pictured on the front cover.

My Review:

I get e-mails from Pump Up Your Book Tour with books that they have upcoming for review. I saw this book and thought I would enjoy reading it since I do enjoy paranormal type books.

Zack and M
Kim
Feb 21, 2011 Kim rated it liked it
The Betrayal is the first in the young adult paranormal Dark Circle series. Zack and Matt are brothers, abandoned by their parents at a very young age. Other than a brief stint with their grandmother, they have been left to raise and protect themselves against the world. Having supernatural powers, Matt has been drawn into a life of hunting and eliminating evil with his ever protective brother by his side. In The Betrayal, their quest for evil has led them to a mysterious cave and a sadistic, cr ...more
Literary
Mar 01, 2011 Literary rated it did not like it
Cover

The shadow figure at the mouth of the dark and uninviting cave gives a mysterious feel to the book straight away, which I like.

Plot

From the summary on the back of the book, I had high hopes before I began reading. I really wanted to like this book. Unfortunately, I didn't. I believe the potential to have a great book was there.

The storyline just seemed to go back-and-forth, the demon wasn't believable, the brothers were shallow characters and I would have loved to have more depth to them an
Jessica
Mar 01, 2011 Jessica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Zack and Matt are brothers, abandoned by their parents at a very young age. Matt possesses supernatural powers, the breadth of which he isn't even sure of yet, and it is up to his older brother Zack to protect him from those who would hurt him. Enter a demon who wants to use Matt's powers for his own. Cruel, sadistic, and unmerciful, he is determined to get to Matt at any costs. The question becomes simply this: How far will Zack go to save Matt?

That whole paragraph right there essentially sums
April
Apr 21, 2011 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-paranormal
THE BETRAYAL by Sheila Hendrix is an intersting young adult paranormal.It is the first in "The Dark Circle Saga". It introduces us to two brothers who where abandoned by their parents when they where young,Zack the elderst, and Matt who is beginnig to have visions of a dark cave with a sadistic,cruel demon.Zack will do anything to keep his brother safe and from harm. This demon this is determined to cause the brother's destruction and destoy all they hold dear and near. This story also has a sub ...more
Ana
Dec 01, 2012 Ana rated it it was amazing
hat was the most amazingly powerful story between two brothers that I've ever read. I thought I was going to love it and I did more than I thought I would. It lived up to my expectation. I had never seen 2 guys especially 2 brother like Matt And Zack they absolutely loved one another so much. And I could n't help but ooh and ahh at the thought of them taking car eof each other and having each other's back. There was so many things that I loved about this book especially the powers Matt had and d ...more
Beth Cutwright
Nov 22, 2012 Beth Cutwright rated it liked it
Alanya was a very well developed character and I really wondered how they would defeat him, if they ever could. Definitely a believable villain, Alanya was certainly as frightening to me as he was to all who encountered him. The brothers Zack and Matt had certainly bonded over the years of their young lives, depending on each other for survival as well as comfort. The partnership between Bryan and Tony was truly believable and I appreciated their friendship for the two boys. The writing was simp ...more
Megan
The Betrayal was way too repetitive! I felt as though I was reading the same thing over and over and over again. Believe me, this got old really fast!

Also, I am pretty sure this is supposed to be the first book in the series and I was troubled by the way I felt lost when reading the book. The way the brothers' back story is told, it felt as though I was dropped into the middle of a series instead of the beginning, and that doesn't make for an enjoyable experience.

While I did not enjoy this book
Louisa
May 24, 2015 Louisa rated it it was amazing
Really great book about brothers, dark, and yeah, I enjoyed it!
My Book Addiction and More MBA
Mar 24, 2012 My Book Addiction and More MBA rated it really liked it
I totally enjoyed the book and found it action packed. This is a book you want to keep reading to the end and not put it down if you do not have to. A worth while read for young and old alike.
**This author is one of our reviewers,but it has in NO way effected this review**
**This is a new review of the revised version of "The Betrayal" **
RATING: 4
HEAT RATING: NONE(YA)
REVIEWED BY: Susan Faatz,My Book Addiction and More
Susan
Nov 20, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
Sheila pens "The Betrayal" with well developed characters that are easy to relate to in a plot that flowed nicely. Not exactly what I thought the book was going to be, but it kept me turning the pages and I look forward to more from this author. Although there are a few and not bad swear words, I would recommend this to all YA readers.

This review is based on a complimentary copy which was provided for an honest review.
Rachael
Dec 01, 2012 Rachael rated it it was ok
Errrp. Just not for me :/ Review (maybe) to come...
Aydan
Aydan marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Ana Carolina
Ana Carolina rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2013
Adriane
Adriane rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2012
Carrie Ardoin
Carrie Ardoin marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2012
Helena Ison
Helena Ison marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2012
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2012
Aprilelayne
Aprilelayne marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2012
Kimberly McFarland
Kimberly McFarland marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2012
1920093
Hi all, I just wanted to welcome everyone. I want to tell you all a little about myself.

I'm 44 years old. I was born in Bessemer, AL on Oct. 3, 1964. I have one brother who is 6 years younger than I am. I don't do this a whole lot because it's hard to talk about myself bur here goes.

I raised my brother since I was 11 years old. He was 5. We still had our parents but they both had to work so it wa
More about Sheila Hendrix...