Il vettore di Mosca

Il vettore di Mosca (Covert-One #6)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  4,559 ratings  ·  69 reviews
Stretta nella morsa dell'inverno russo, Mosca è minacciata da una misteriosa epidemia: un virus sconosciuto che uccide in sole ventiquattr'ore, condannando a una fulminea e atroce agonia chi lo contrae, si sta diffondendo con rapidità impressionante tra la popolazione. Ma il Cremlino resta a guardare, e quando il contagio comincia ad allungare i suoi tentacoli oltre i conf...more
Published January 1st 2009 by Rizzoli (first published July 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Il vettore di Mosca, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Il vettore di Mosca

Toni Osborne
An Army doctor specializing in infectious diseases is contacted by a Russian colleague concerned about mysterious death of government officials around the world. With few clues and little time our doctor (agent attached to Covert-One) must unravel the plot and find the figure standing at the center of it all.

This book in the Covert- One series is a fast pacing and a tight plotting intrigue. It is surely an action drenched and a nail biting thriller; one can hardly put it down. In my opinion this...more
Zohar - ManOfLaBook.com
Having read all of Ludlum's books, this was the first "inspired by" novel that I read. The novel starts slowly, and keeps on going a bit faster, and ends very fast paced. I liked the book and it does keep with the Ludlum spirit. From some reason it simply took me a very long time to read.

If you enjoy Ludlum's novels you will enjoy this one also, albeit maybe not each and every word.
Tony Totev
I enjoyed the Russian plans for regaining control on the nearby countries. A dangerous game of troops, spies, moles and commanders. Plenty of tense moments in which something happens in the last minute and changes the state. Although in this sequel to The Lazarus Vendetta the biological weapon was not for mass destruction it did raise the same level of alert on the international stage.
Valerie Curtis
This was a great read! I have become very much attached to Colonel Smith and Agent Russell!
Michelle
Jul 29, 2014 Michelle rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
Shelves: audiobook
This was a terrible continuation of the John Smith story. They shouldn't have written this book.
Cliff
I had to give up on this book. Partly because it has been overtaken by events. The Russians aren't nearly as devious as the fevered imagination of American writers would have us believe. Partly because I found the style turgid. Partly because I find the genre of thriller where one Murican with almost superhuman powers saves the free world almost single handed, tedious. Also I must make a mental note that two author books - written thus, I guess because the well known half of the duo can't really...more
Paula Howard
As a long time Ludlum fan, I have read everything he as written and mourned his loss. His Covert One series has survived his death. Covert One was began by Robert Ludlum and the co-written with others. This enabled the series to continue. These authors have remained true to the vision Ludlum had for the Covert One series.

In The Moscow Vector, Fred Klein and his Covert One team are once again faced with a bio-weapon that targets a specific person's DNA. A designer bio-weapon. The enemy this time...more
Kathie H
Jun 12, 2009 Kathie H rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Oh my. This book was bad. I was going to say really bad, but in the penultimate chapter I actually was engaged by the plot for about 3 pages.

It bothers me when publishers deke the reader with a cover that screams ROBERT LUDLUM'S MOSCOW VECTOR then in tiny letters written by patrick larkin. I want to know exactly the extent of Robert Ludlum's involvement in this book project. I bet he didn't read it. If he had he wouldn't have put his name on it.

The body count? I lost count. There was no holding...more
Perrin Pring
Pretty entertaining. Got better once you got through the first third. All around, a good Ludlum inspired book. I liked Randy Russel, but found John Smith a little too all American. His 'crooked grin, and rugged features,' along with his pithy Bondish remarks in the heat of battle, made me occasionally hope that he didn't survive whichever firefight he was in. I won't spoil the ending though. This book is awesome if you listen to it. Erik Bergmann is an awesome audio reader. His accents are amazi...more
Cindy Barnett
Intriguing plot, interesting cast.Recommended. Nice series because different writers take on theme so series doesn't get boring. Patrick Larkin writes for Rob't. Ludlum in #6. Reader: Eric Bergman is terrific. ©2003 text/2005 audio
Nicole
Listened along to this audiobook whilst making the trek north with Dad. The story was fun and it felt like a James Bond movie. I've never read the sixth in a series before reading the first five, but Ludlum made it easy for me to follow along and keep up with all the characters.
Anastasia Pergakis
Once again, amazing book. I'm so loving this series and I wish I had the time to read them faster! Patrick Larkin gives another great addition to this series, with his intense attention to detail and great action scenes. Love it!

Many of my fellow readers are naming vampires and werewolves as their book boyfriends, but I'm all for Jon Smith as mine! He's badass in more ways than one. And so are the people he comes in contact with. A new character was introduced in this one, and while Randi Russe...more
Ralynn Wilcock
I like these books, a good spy story, with a good mystery to keep you guessing on who's behind everything and will covert one save the day yet again.
Amber
Took me soooo long to read this book, the beginning 2/3 was so slow and boring then boom really good! The characters were not believable one bit
Karunakaran N.
The Covert - one Series. After the end of cold war Russia's increasingly authoritarian leader prepares a lightning military strike to overrun several republics formerly part of the USSR, blind to the Western interference, with the help of a bio scientist of the old East German days. Moles in the various agencies help this fateful aggression. Ended by the Covert-one operation. Robert Ludlum lives through his creation...
Jeff Yoak
By a third of the way through the novel I was ready for it to be over. I fear the series is starting to get a little tired. It could be Patrick Larkin, though I liked the previous novel in the series and he wrote that. Everything just felt a little flat for me. I am going to plunge ahead with the next book, which I already have, but if that isn't better, I'll probably not get the new one coming out next month.
Jim
4 of 5 stars to the audio book of The Moscow Vector by Robert Ludlum. I am always a fan of Ludlum's writing style for his spy novels. This book is another in the "Covert #1" series. The plot focuses on a series of top ranking political people becoming sick and then die. This is a "cold war" style of book. In this context "vector" refers to a strain of virus. This is a really well done book and I do recommend it.
Alison
I liked it but it's a lot like all the other books in the series. You can almost predict what's going to happen, there are no real twists and turns like you're used to with Ludlum. Of course they were written by other people but still, if you're take on a legacy like a Ludlum series, at least do it justice. Again, I like it, just not the wild ride I'm used to with Ludlum originals.
TJ Anderson
Pretty good book, on par for Robert's novels (for those that I've read so far). It had fewer twists than sigma protocol (the last of his novels that I read) but somehow seemed less formulaic. Possibly because he simply told the story instead of depending on the unexpected bend in the plot to drive the reader. That's just my two cents, all in all a good read, but not fantastic.
Rajeev Singh
Read it a long time back. I liked the way Larkin portrayed field-realities.In the beginning, a shepherd boy is shot by soldiers armed with advanced weaponry for the mere reason that he had seen them and shouldn't be allowed to share his knowledge with anybody.Grotesque but pragmatic from a soldier's point of view.
Jeff Line
This is the third one of these "inspired by Robert Ludlum" books I've read and they never seem to get better. No one can compare to Robert Ludlum himself but none of these writers even come close. Boring, predictable, fantastical, and not even a little bit thrilling.
Steve
All the books in the series (that I have read so far) are action packed and have suspense. To a certain extent they read like a grown up hardy boys adventure. The books are written by different authors along the way, but I have yet to find a weak book in the series.
Rob & Liz
Aug 31, 2007 Rob & Liz rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Agents, Spy , Thrillers
An excellent read about power, corruption and how one might adjust ones DNA to kill that person and no one else.
Events between Moscow, Berlin, Irag, Italy with moles within high security areas including the USA presidents Oval office.
Rob
Ray
You get what you pay for and would expect with this book. It's a spy-thriller with all the requisite ingredients, a cold-war type threat, a mysterious disease, a hero spy-doctor, an evil billionaire villian, and their supporting casts.
Kyle Wright
This was a great story. Good spy stuff. The main character Smith gets into some hairy situations. Not that the situations are believable but I found myself really worried and wondering how is he going to get out alive.
Viola
A tratti prevedibile, in alcuni momenti la traduzione fatica a dimostrarsi all'altezza.
Un buon modo di passare qualche ora di un fine settimana di pioggia, senza farsi troppe domande e lasciando il cervello in stand by.
Nyss
I like Robert Ludlum. His stories are exciting. This book is written by someone else but this continues Robert Ludlum's series.

I did not like the book. There were too many characters. I found it hard to follow.
Bill Turner
Russia develops a biological agent, specific for individual people. It uses these HYDRA variants to kill high level politicians and defense personnel as a distraction so it can invade surronding countries.
  • The Janson Command
  • Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Objective (Jason Bourne, #8)
  • Without Mercy
  • Line of Control (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #8)
  • The Deceiver
  • America (Jake Grafton, #9)
  • Win, Lose or Die (John Gardner's Bond, #8)
  • The Fourth Order
  • The Tin Man (Patrick McLanahan, #7)
Robert Ludlum was the author of twenty-seven novels, each one a New York Times bestseller. There are more than 210 million of his books in print, and they have been translated into thirty-two languages. He is the author of The Scarlatti Inheritance, The Chancellor Manuscript, and the Jason Bourne series--The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, and The Bourne Ultimatum--among others. Mr. Ludlum...more
More about Robert Ludlum...
The Bourne Identity (Jason Bourne, #1) The Bourne Supremacy (Jason Bourne, #2) The Bourne Ultimatum (Jason Bourne, #3) The Matarese Circle (Matarese #1) The Icarus Agenda