Start by marking “Baa Baa Smart Sheep” as Want to Read:
Baa Baa Smart Sheep

Baa Baa Smart Sheep

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Little Baa Baa is bored. When Quirky Turkey comes along, the opportunity to make some mischief proves too hard to resist.
Hardcover
Published 2010

To ask other readers questions about Baa Baa Smart Sheep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baa Baa Smart Sheep

Jonathan Peto
I actually didn't read it. The author visited the school I work at and read it. The illustrations and format reminded me of Moe Williams a bit, and so did the simple text. Despite those similarities, it is its own creation. I love picture books that feature animals talking and interacting with each other, even if the story involves... poop.

The story could easily inspire conversations about bullying, responsibility, and the complex gray area that exists between lying and deceiving.
Lynsey
Jul 06, 2012 Lynsey rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lynsey by: Steph
Shelves: 2012
So funny! Best read by a 3rd grade teacher, a la storytime.
Susan
Nov 01, 2011 Susan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Young kids
Recommended to Susan by: Girl in Whitcoulls
I thought this book was funny. I can imagine young children getting lots of enjoyment from this book, in much the same way that Babette Coles books entertain.

It would be great to read along with younger children as it allows the child to repeat what you've just said while still following the words themselves and in turn learning how to read. I think all in all a success. though the pictures are not very bright but instead I would call beautiful drawing.

Seems a little bit like a hybrid between...more
Cruth
Author: Mark Sommerset
Illustrator: Rowan Sommerset
First Published: 2010

I dunno. The base concept is a bit ick. Tricking Turkey into eating poo.

It's a clever story with a very novel plot but... it wasn't for us.

Age:
Read aloud: 3+
Read yourself: 6+

References:

-CR-
Nova
Nov 25, 2010 Nova rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: primary schoools
Recommended to Nova by: Abby
Who said sheep were dumb? This sheep is very clever, but not because he ate the smart pills. This is a picture book with simple text but uproariously funny. And because it contains the faecal matter element in the book, kids from 4 to 14 will love it.
Joshua
This is definitely a Daddy favourite. Not sure if my daughters thoroughly get it, but they see my enjoyment and join in. Suffice to say Mum was not particularly impressed.
Nikki .
Awesome book for kids of all ages - myself included in this as my mother read it to me via Skype & had me giggling out loud. Great, quirky style of writing.
Steph
Literally as good as Mo Willems' books. And you KNOW how much that means!!! I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!
Claire Cheeseman
Hilarious book with Quirkey Turkey and Smart Sheep - great book to read aloud to class
Robin
Sheep. Poo. Turkey. Comedy gold!
Kate
Loved it! :)
Nancy Chapman
Nancy Chapman marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Desley
Desley marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Nitazar Samia
Nitazar Samia marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Sidra
Sidra marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014