Mr. Putter & Tabby See the Stars

Mr. Putter & Tabby See the Stars (Mr. Putter & Tabby #16)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  215 ratings  ·  20 reviews
After Mr. Putter eats exactly twenty-one of Mrs. Teaberry's delicious pineapple jelly rolls, he ends up with a grumbling tummy--and a bad case of insomnia! A midnight stargazing stroll with Tabby seems to bejust the cure.But could it be that Mr. Putter and Tabby aren't the only ones still wide awake?

Take a wondrous nighttime stroll with good friends inthis sixteenth fun ad...more
Published August 1st 2007 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Putter & Tabby See the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Putter & Tabby See the Stars

Rfrancik
A gentle everyday story about Mr. Putter and his cat who go for a midnight stroll when Mr. Putter who has over indulged wakes up with a tummy ache.

The illustrations are key to this story as Tabby expresses many different emotions on his cute kitten face. Broken into three chapters the language is just right for emerging readers and the text is used sparingly so even the most halting reader can get through the story in a timely manner.

Good for both boys or girls 1-2nd grade this book is part of...more
The Reading Countess
I love Cynthia Rylant. The woman can do no wrong. So please tell me how I could have NEVER read a Mr. Putter book to my first and second sons? My youngest son and I delighted in this one tonight, and are looking forward to reading two more books about the charming friendship between the slightly nutty Mr. Putter and his wacky neighbor. They, along with their pets form a sort of odd family that feels warm and inclusive. Youngest son especially liked the "chapter book" feel.
Ann
I adore the Mr. Putter and Tabby books! This is the third I've read, and the third I've thought was stellar! :) (the other two were "Clear the Decks" and "Write the Book"). This is a great read aloud, and a great beginner reader book, too.

In this story, Mr. Putter and Tabby visit Mrs. Teaberry and her dog Zeke (Mrs. Teaberry always invites Mr. Putter and Tabby for something to eat - and Mr. Putter and Tabby always go). But, this time, Mr. Putter looses track and ends up eating 21 jelly rolls! So...more
Jen
Aug 11, 2009 Jen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: frustrated lovers
Shelves: children-s
Mrs. Teaberry likes to feed Mr. Putter. They get along. They visit. Their pets get along. Sometimes they aren't even able to sleep on the same nights and they restlessly wander around until they kind of accidentally but maybe on purpose bump into one another. Then they talk until dawn. And this kind of behavior sets me to scheming. This scheme might involve some cool moves on Mr. Putter's part, but hey, anything is possible. I think Mrs. Teaberry would consider it, maybe that's why she's been fe...more
Dolly
Dec 23, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2010, childrens, pets
This is a sweet story in the Mr. Putter & Tabby series. I like that there isn't an exciting, suspenseful plot in these stories; they are often just snapshots of a senior citizen's life, doing the everyday things that he does. We've really enjoyed these books and will be looking for the few that we've missed at our local library.
Amy
Jul 20, 2012 Amy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Amy by: Katrina
Shelves: childrens, reviewed
I thought that Mr. Putter and Tabby Fly the Plane was a bit more touching than Mr. Putter and Tabby See the Stars, but this one was sweet, too. I certainly identified with Mr. Putter's regret over over-indulging on jelly rolls, and the kids laughed their heads off at Mr. Putter and Zeke's grumbly guts (note to the adult reader: replace the common, "RUMBLE," with some of those really embarrassing, more realistic sounds upset bellies tend to make when one is in a large, quiet group. Kids will appr...more
Jared
Not long on plot, but long on heart.

Mr. Putter eats too many jelly rolls, so he and his cat Tabby go for a walk in the starlight. While out, they see some friends.
Trace
We love the Mr. Putter books where Mrs. Teaberry makes an appearance. Its so comforting to know that Mr. Putter and Tabby have a Mrs. Teaberry and Zeke to look out for them....

This book will leave you with a tender-hearted feeling inside....

And Luke thinks that Mr. Putter reminds him of his beloved Poppa... :)

Again, we both agree on a 5 star rating for this title...
Kristine Pratt
What do you do when your stomach is grumbly and you can't sleep? A nighttime walk in the neighborhood is the perfect answer. Again, these books aren't just for kids. I delighted in the quietness and intimacy of this story and came away feeling soothed in my soul, and ready for my own nighttime walk.
Jill
I think Mr. Putter and his cat, Tabby, are adorable characters and I bet I'd like this series. The plot is not super sophisticated, there's nothing really surprising about anything in it, but the illustrations and story are cute. It's simple. And sometimes that's just what you need in a book.
Christy
When Mr. Putter eats twenty-one pineapple jelly rolls, he ends up with a grumbling tummy. Worse, he can't sleep A midnight stargazing stroll with Tabby seems to be just the cure--but could it be that Mr. Putter and Tabby aren't the "only" ones still wide awake?
Melinda Garman
One night Mr. Putter and Tabby could not sleep so they go for a walk. The moon was full, they see the stars, the big dipper, and the Milky Way 'full of milk'. This would be a fun way to begin a discussion about our solar system to Pre-K through 1st grade.
Alice
Mr Putter had too much to eat and he can't sleep because his tummy hurts so he and Tabby go for a walk and look at the stars. Once his stomach stops hurts they both go to bed and sleep like a log.
Celia Juliano
Another fun Mr. Putter and Tabby book. Grumbling stomachs lead to a quiet neighborhood adventure for Mr. Putter and his cat, Tabby.
Deanna
I didn't like their adventure in this book. Mr. Putter ate to much food and so he couldn't sleep so he took a walk. Then in the morning he ate a bunch of food again...
Bree
Notes:
Less funny than the older stories
Not the kids favorite but still an occasional re-read
Kirei
Mr. Putter wakes up at night because he ate too many jelly rolls. Not really a memorable book.
Catriona Rogers
We liked this one too. Not quite as much as Paint the Porch.
Erica Weill ramos
Erica Weill ramos marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Sep 09, 2014
Maddie Claire
Maddie Claire marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
  • Spring Story
  • Houndsley and Catina (Houndsley and Catina, #1)
  • Ling & Ting: Not Exactly the Same!
  • Owen and Mzee: The Language of Friendship
  • Nate the Great and the Missing Key
  • Stella, Star of the Sea
  • Princess Posey and the First Grade Parade (Princess Posey, #1)
  • The Incredible Life of Balto
  • The Remarkable Farkle McBride
  • Rain School
  • Owen's Marshmallow Chick
  • A Pussycat's Christmas
An author of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for children and young adults as well as an author and author/illustrator of picture books for children, Cynthia Rylant is recognized as a gifted writer who has contributed memorably to several genres of juvenile literature. A prolific author who often bases her works on her own background, especially on her childhood in the West Virginia mountains, she...more
More about Cynthia Rylant...
The Relatives Came Missing May When I Was Young in the Mountains Henry and Mudge: The First Book (Henry and Mudge, #1) Old Town in the Green Groves: Laura Ingalls Wilder's Lost Little House Years