Start by marking “The Bargain (The Bargain, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bargain (The Bargain, #1)

The Bargain (The Bargain #1)

In a game as erotic as this, love shouldn't be part of the rules... A rising star in erotica turns the Norman conquests into the hottest history lesson of the year. HE SAW... Saxon beauty Aleysia Cawdor is willing to do anything to protect her dear twin brother during a conquest that could strip her of her everything. Her last resort is to enter into a sensual bargain with ...more
Published November 7th 2006 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about The Bargain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bargain

Astraycat
I liked the story, enemies to lovers, courageous heroine, loyal hero, and many spices, what's not to love?

At first I was afraid hero would force himself on heroine, but that's not the case. H and h gradually fell in love with each other through the story. Heroine sacrificed herself in exchange of her twin brother's life. Although she did everything to save her brother behind hero, hero even thought she betrayed him, he still forgave her again and again, even try to sacrifice his position.

Not su
Juls
May 08, 2012 Juls rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Renaud came to conquer Braemere but what he didnt bargain for was a woman that struck every nerve ending in his body.
Aleysia thinks she's only giving herself to save her brother but finds love and happiness in a bizarre situation.

The sex between Renaud and Aleysia was scorching hot! they are so very creative in the art of making love. boobies! thats all i'm gonna say ;)

★Ruth★
May 27, 2012 ★Ruth★ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Historical Romance
Recommended to ★Ruth★ by: Lisa
This was a quick fun read. I love a bit of historical romance.

The H & h were both very likeable. The smut was hot & fun & got kinkier as it went on.

The story held it's own & didn't just feel like a vessel for the smut.

I will definitely read more by this author.
Karen **Mrs. Northman**
Awwww, HEAs all around :) Loved this book. Definitely need a Wulf to "storm my castle" as Megs would say ;-P
anolinde
Feb 20, 2017 anolinde rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I remember being so scandalized by this in high school, lmao. Just reread it in "honor" of Valentine's Day and wasn't nearly as impressed - it's total trash. But still entertaining, mostly. You can tell the author got bored at the end and was rushing to wrap everything up.

I just realized that there was a sequel featuring Aleysia's brother, and I'm down with that, so I'll go check it out. But, like, on my Kindle and not actually buying the paperback the way I did with the first one, haha.
Sue
Sep 19, 2016 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Written in 2006, the book is labeled "erotic historical romance." By today's standards it almost seems a little tame. And the storyline is a bit formula. But it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the story and characters. If your looking for a fast and fun read, I can recommend this one.
Mey Buentipo
This is my first erotic book read about a Norman and a Saxon. While I am reading I can't help comparing this book from Julie Garwood book titled The Prize. It has the same plot and same characters. In every turn of the page I felt the similarities of the two stories.

For the characters of the h/h. For me the heroine gave in easily and for the hero he is not too smart for me. It maybe an erotic story but still it has a story, not only smexy on it. It is like the smexy parts were only included jus
tacitus
Jul 18, 2014 tacitus rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-book
Sex Addiction in Medieval Times?

Sometimes lust can be incredibly unbelievable. Meaning...the situations in which is occurs are NOT BELIEVABLE. If you have lost your entire family in a brutal, bloody fashion, would you feel even an ounce of physical attraction to one of the blood smeared men who had been sent by the same murdered who killed your family? Probably not. Would you feel ANY desire to sleep with the man who was going to have your brother killed in a few days? Unlikely. Yet our heroine
Denise Koopman
Apr 11, 2013 Denise Koopman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Bargain...Hmmm!..well I have only read one other of Julia Templeton's books and I loved it very much as this one.I liked the first one I read called Somewhere in Time because it was a time travel romance book and I kinda like those,but this one was not but it was great though cause it was set in the times of Lords,Kings,Princessess and so on.I like that kind of romance books as well.Love to read more of her books.She does a lot of books for the Kindle.But their are times I like going back to ...more
Brittany Gilespie
This is by far one of my favourite books. The imagery painted by the authors words is amazing. Truly sucks you into the world that the characters are living. I for one could finish this book in one sitting and still wanna read it again. Must read and a must own book!! Once you read it your gonna wanna read it again! I think I have read it 5-6 times and it continues to be my favourite book!
Roub
Feb 01, 2013 Roub rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love aleysia so much..i admire her courage, her loyalty to her twin..she did not lack guts. and renaud well was just completely taken by her, besotted with her. love the book very much, it was a light read..like a fairytale
LoveRomance
Aug 24, 2011 LoveRomance rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Simple story line with many classic components I love: strong, independent woman gives her virginity under duress, then falls in love with her aggressor.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in Julia Templeton's The Bargain series. Erotica set in Medieval England. It sounded good but it didn't follow through on its potential for me.
Nstob
May 12, 2009 Nstob rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Lots of great reviews about this author and book...the book was at best OK...sex scenes not even good. What are people thinking?
Charlene
Jul 04, 2008 Charlene rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was ok; seemed like it was written in a hurry. Hard to care about any of the characters because their personalities were not developed.
Lady Raven RAVE!
I loved loved loved it. Good read for me, i thought the main characters were great together and what a man not afraid to show his sensitive side. WORTH the read good for the collection.
Fenny Sanjaya
Fenny Sanjaya rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2015
RMC
RMC rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2011
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2012
Brooke
Brooke rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2011
Susan H
Susan H rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2016
Janet
Janet rated it it was ok
Nov 28, 2011
Misty Tate
Misty Tate rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2010
MJ
MJ rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2013
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2012
Daniele Powley
Daniele Powley rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Jessica Grey
Jessica Grey rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Warrior
  • Carnal Deceptions
  • Highland Obsession
  • Lawless (Untamed, #2)
  • The Witch and the Warrior (Warriors, #2)
  • Parlor Games
  • Stealing Heaven (Medieval #3)
  • Secret Thunder (Perigueux Family #1; Lords of Conquest, #3)
  • Promises Linger (Promises, #1)
  • Tempting Eden
  • In The Warrior's Bed (McJames, #2)
  • Tuck & Cover (Rough Rangers, #2)
  • Not That Type of Guy
  • Bound to Be a Groom (Regency Reimagined, #1)
  • Owning Arabella
  • The Princess and the Barbarian
  • Fascinated
  • A Breach of Promise (The Rules of Engagement Book 1)
I was born in Crescent City , California , a small logging town on the Pacific coast, home of enormous redwood trees and clear rivers. I have great memories of playing on stumps the size of small houses on my grandmother's acreage in a little town just north of Crescent City called Fort Dick . My sister and I would take daily walks to the main street store—an old, tiny white building that included ...more
More about Julia Templeton...

The Bargain (2 books)
  • The Conquest (The Bargain, #2)