Start by marking “So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us” as Want to Read:
So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us

So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us

4.2  ·  Rating Details ·  6,118 Ratings  ·  385 Reviews
Originally published: Carol Stream, Ill.: Tyndale House Publishers, c2010.
Hardcover, Large Print, 455 pages
Published January 5th 2011 by Thorndike Press (first published February 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about So Long, Insecurity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about So Long, Insecurity

Carla
Oct 07, 2010 Carla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was a little apprehensive about going through this book. Up until now I have tended to write off the, in my view, over-sensationalized "Beth Moore" women's studies and have consequently avoided them. However, I was proved quite wrong in my private little stereotype, and the shallow book I expected turned out to bring me to depths in both my spiritual journey and my emotional and mental well-being that no book ever has. Ever.

This book is easy to read, but has clearly been used by the Holy Spir
Ellie Sorota
Jul 28, 2012 Ellie Sorota rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sort-of-read
While Beth Moore's Bible studies have been immensely eye-opening to me, her book So Long, Insecurity was a waste of time. The book begins promisingly enough, but then spends too many pages explaining that, yes, this is a book about insecurity, and yes, some people are insecure, and yes, insecure people might benefit from reading about insecurity. She forgot, apparently, that she'd already said that with the title. This often happens in self-help books - pages and pages spent justifying its publi ...more
Kim
Jul 17, 2010 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I tend to dislike womanish books. Not this one. Beth is humorous and her illustrations hit home. Insecurity has done damage to my energy and intimacy in relationships. What I learned from this book has helped me relax and enjoy myself.

What I learned---

What is insecurity
-self-doubt and uncertainty about my place in the world, -self-consciousness, anxiety, lack of confidence, fear of rejection, unsure of whether my feelings are legitimate.
-self-preoccupation—more aware of self than anyone else in
Beth
The title leave you nothing to wonder about....it's about insecurity. And if every woman was honest with herself, we would recognize that oftentimes we fail to embrace our God given security, strength and dignity like we should. I think this book is an outstanding tool, even if you don't feel like you have cronic insecurity. It's eye opening to how, we as women, tend to walk into a room and immediately compare ourselves to our surroundings and chalk points into the "do I measure up" column. I pa ...more
Deana
Jan 14, 2011 Deana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beth Moore has the heart of a servant and this book proves her passion, knowledge, and wisdom in Christ. She has done her best in helping women believe in their God-given beauty, talent, and anointing from Christ. With tact, Moore convicts with the Holy Spirit's guidance and touches the brokenness with the compassion from the Father. Women in today's age need a reality check, and Moore helps unravel the lies and temptations the world burdens us with. I recommended this book to every friend I hav ...more
Jill Williamson
Jun 18, 2010 Jill Williamson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review by Jill Williamson

I love Beth Moore. I've never met her, but I've done several of her Bible studies and had the privilege of attending one of her conferences. The woman inspires me. Why? Because she's real. She's suffered through life, just like the rest of us, and she refuses to let that define her. Praise Jesus for that! That, and her passion for studying the Word of God, draws me, and thousands of other women, to her like sheep to a shepherd. She is a disciple of Jesus. She teaches Hi
Kristi
Feb 01, 2011 Kristi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faith
This book should be standard issue to every woman on earth. Probably every man, as well. Whether insecurity dogs your steps constantly or whether it only rears its ugly head on occasion, we all hate that ugly feeling. Moore delves deep into finding the root of the problem of insecurity and helps us examine why we find ourselves falling into this trap. Like a wise and loving big sister, she doesn't pull any punches but with authenticity and transparency about her own struggles, Beth offers practi ...more
Caitlin
Jan 24, 2011 Caitlin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Insecurity is a monster.
This book exposes it for what it is and passionately bids us to rid ourselves of it.
Beth Moore breaks insecurity down, getting to the reasons behind why we think and feel those negative things about ourselves. Then, with the truth of Scripture, she obliterates every single one, teaching us how to be free, secure, confident people.

It's life changing stuff.
Dara
Mar 25, 2010 Dara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am really sad to give this book a one star because I was really excited about reading it.

Every woman has some sort of insecurities, but for me, I never got any WOW moments out of this book. I was hoping for a light bulb in my head to go off and scream out to me THAT'S YOU AND HERE'S HOW YOU DEAL WITH IT.

Oh well...better luck next time on the next book.
Maddie
Dec 09, 2015 Maddie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fear and insecurity run deep for me. I remembered the first time I felt paralyzed by fear, I was only in elementary school. The struggle is real, but God is so faithful. Beth Moore's book is a beautiful reminder to women of their value in Christ. No fear, God will take care of us no matter what hardships we encounter in life. In the end we will be able to look in triumph on our foes.
Jan 29, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beth Moore is one of my all time favorite speakers, bible study writers, and book writers. She has big texas hair, makeup and jewelry, and she knows it & isn't afraid to poke fun at herself.

This book was a slower read than the others, as it was a lot of food for thought. I think it's a great book for moms of girls to read, as some of her advice about the world we're raising our daighters in is RIGHT ON THE MONEY.

Proverbs 31:25 is the premise of the book. She is clothed with strength and dign
Mama
Aug 04, 2015 Mama rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most people don't want to admit they have a problem with insecurity, but after reading this book I realized it is a problem for most of us at some point in our lives. At a particular low point in my life I realized I had a massive problem with insecurity, and it was holding me back and negatively impacting my relationships. So I swallowed my pride and did a search in the library database for "Insecurity" and this is the only book it brought up. I'm so glad I rented it. I loved it so much I bough ...more
Melissa
Apr 06, 2010 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book because of two reasons: First, I love Beth Moore--she has great insight, is a fantastic Bible teacher and can be those things and still embrace a spray tan. Secondly, I wanted to dig into something deeper--but not as deep (with as much homework) as a typical Beth Moore study. I did not buy this book because I thought that I was fraught with crazy insecurities.

HOWEVER, let me just say that I have learned a lot about myself, and others, from So Long Insecurity. Granted, there a
L8blmr
Nov 29, 2015 L8blmr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title of this book called out to me and I thought I'd probably be able to pick up a hint or two for dealing with the insecurity I have dealt with since I was a small child (lots of reasons; too boring to get into). I don't know how many times since I began reading it I have said to myself, "I didn't know anyone besides me ever felt that way!" Mrs. Moore does an outstanding job of bluntly (and humorously) throwing things out that make the reader (at least this one) feel not so ... abnormal. H ...more
Margaret Metz
My best friend suggested I read this book (she had just started reading it herself) and it was one of the best pieces of advice I have ever been given.

This made me laugh, challenged and inspired me. I could relate with so many things written between the covers. It's so universal that even if you don't think you have a "problem" with insecurity - I'm betting that you would be blessed by it.

I deliberately took my time reading this book so that the information could sink in and hopefully change so
Heather
I've been having a hard time reading this one. Her analogies often get me side-tracked... I wish I could just hear her voice sharing the info instead of reading it. "Get Out of That Pit" was available to me on audio and that was SO MUCH easier to digest.
I wonder if I'll ever finish this one, even though it has great thoughts.
Bailey Wenger
Oct 17, 2012 Bailey Wenger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-living
I loved this book! It deals with insecurities that every woman struggles with--and it gives ways that we can battle those insecurities through scripture, prayer, an a lot of laughter from Beth Moore. I love her funny, real-struggle stories. :)
Elizabeth
Mar 11, 2010 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology-self
Everyone on planet earth feels insecurity. It's just that Beth is actually honest enough to admit it. An intriguing read on the root causes and how to move away from being victimized by insecurity. One of the better books I've read this year.
Catrina Welch
Sep 28, 2012 Catrina Welch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
amazing book. Beth's insights of a woman's heart bring great healing and liberation through the Word of God.
Judy
Apr 19, 2010 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
As always, I loved Beth's refreshingly candid approach to a problem that is so destructive, especially to women. Truly a subject we need to discuss with our daughters.
Stephanie Schulz
I'm a very insecure person and this was recommended to me. But I feel like there was no resolution other than just feeling secure because I am a beloved daughter of God.
Alessandra
It was good. Definitely helpful at times. I just felt like it was a little all over the place and that got frustrating. But the truths in it are awesome and I will take certain things I learned from it.
Julie
May 13, 2017 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bible-study
Meh, might have liked it better if I were particularly insecure. She definitely comes across more likable in video or live.
Liv Dooley
Feb 16, 2017 Liv Dooley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book opened my eyes to long held patterns of thinking, and helped me find freedom from so many issues in my past I thought I'd let go!
Shaunda Bradley
I usually like Beth Moore, but this book I didn't get anything out of. It was a lot of irrelevant personal stories and random stories that people wrote but nothing new or inspirational.
MHA Bookclub
Mar 15, 2017 MHA Bookclub marked it as spiritual  ·  review of another edition
Shelf 1
Sunflower
9 You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth,
And called from its farthest regions,
And said to you,

‘ You are My servant,
I have chosen you and have not cast you away:
10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
(Isaiah 41:9-10, New King James Version)

This is a book I was really looking forward to read and not just because it's a "Beth Moore" book, but because like many pe
Christina
Jan 21, 2010 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
I wanted to wait to write my review until after Beth's simulcast today, which was so encouraging. As Beth said today, this was a personal journey that was never intended to be a book. But as Beth got deeper into dealing with this issue in her life, she realized this is the #1 issue for women in our culture today.

I recommend this book to every woman, even if you don't think you are currently struggling with this issue. It will help you recognize when it is cropping up in your life and help you u
Anthem Book Review
I have never been one to shop in the self-help section of bookstores, much less read one in entirety. However, when I heard the church I attended was having a bible study class where an entire book would be read, I jumped at the chance. I love reading books with other people and discussing it and I thought this women’s book club would be no different.
I had never read a Beth Moore book before, nor had I ever heard of her. The writing was pretty basic and easy to get through. Although I do not bat
Amy
May 13, 2010 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Beloved women’s speaker and author Beth Moore’s latest book, So Long, Insecurity (Tyndale), is her most personal book to date. Moore, who has helped countless ladies break free, get out of pits, and dive deep into Scripture with studies on Jesus, Paul, David, and Esther, is now combating a stronghold in the lives of many women—insecurity.

Moore describes So Long, Insecurity as “one woman’s quest for a real, lasting, soul-changing security” in God, instead of finding that security in self or other
Insecurity 4 30 Jan 30, 2015 01:20PM
  • One in a Million: Journey to Your Promised Land
  • A Confident Heart: How to Stop Doubting Yourself & Live in the Security of God's Promises
  • Made to Crave Video Study: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food
  • Faithful Abundant True Weekend Retreat and Study Guide: Three Lives Going Deeper Still
  • Loving God with All Your Mind
  • The Fitting Room: Putting on the Character of Christ
  • Falling In Love With Jesus Abandoning Yourself To The Greatest Romance Of Your Life
  • Cure for the Common Life: Living in Your Sweet Spot
  • Lessons I Learned in the Dark: Steps to Walking by Faith, Not by Sight
  • One Month to Live: Thirty Days to a No-Regrets Life
  • The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear
  • Beautiful Things Happen When a Woman Trusts God
  • Calm My Anxious Heart
Beth Moore has written many best–selling books and is a dynamic teacher and a prolific Bible–study author whose public speaking engagements take her across the United States to challenge tens of thousands. Beth is focused on teaching women all over the world and is known and respected wherever she goes. She is a dedicated wife and mother of two adult daughters and lives in Houston, Texas, where sh ...more
More about Beth Moore...

“We're going to have to let truth scream louder to our souls than the lies that have infected us.” 324 likes
“As long as we live, our self-absorption and our insecurity will walk together, holding hands and swinging them back and forth like two little girls on their way to a pretend playground they can never find. Human nature dictates that most often we will be as insecure as we are self-absorbed. The best possible way to keep from getting sucked into the superficial narcissistic mentality that money, possessions, and sensuality can satisfy and secure us is to deliberately give ourselves to something much greater...[Christ] showed us that giving, rather than getting, is the means to receiving...to find yourself, your true self, you must lose yourself in something larger.” 53 likes