Start by marking “Physicians of the Heart: A Sufi View of the 99 Names of Allah” as Want to Read:
Physicians of the Heart: A Sufi View of the 99 Names of Allah

Physicians of the Heart: A Sufi View of the 99 Names of Allah

4.71 of 5 stars 4.71  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A Sufi View of the 99 Names of Allah
Published 2010

Rahima Warren
This is a very rich, deep guide to inner work including spiritual and psychological aspects woven together. It is based on the Sufi view of the 99 Names of Allah, which I would call Aspects of the Divine Human Nature. Anyone who has been doing their inner work for a while could reap rich rewards from reading this book.

As part of the explication of the "Names," it also reveals the amazing complex subtlety of the Arabic language, without overwhelming the reader with too many linguistic details. I
Katrina
Jan 16, 2012 Katrina rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Katrina by: Noor-Malika
This is the most thorough book on the 99 names of Allah that I've read so far. It's very accessible for a western audience, and it gives a lot of linguistic background on the Arabic that helps to show deep meanings of each name as well as connections among the names. My only criticism is that it's written more for Sufi teachers/therapists than for students or those using the book on their own. I would have liked a little more detail on how to actually USE the names in recitation.
Elizabeth
Wonderful introduction to the names, groups by their relationship (e.g. 3 names associated with forgiveness). Helpful to work through specific issues, personal development.
Jude Arnold
Aug 29, 2012 Jude Arnold marked it as to-read

Just got my new hardbound copy of this beautiful, beautiful book!

Karima
Not accurate to say I "finished" this book on such-and-such a day. This book is a lifetime endeavor. And such a life!
Beautiful. Just Beautiful.
Seema
An unbelievably beautiful book - one of the best I have ever come across. Now if we could combine this with the enneagram work that would be something! A book to come back to again and again, and each time take something new. A real treasure of work on the 99 Treasures. So thankful to the teachers that wrote/experienced this.
Masood Alam
Feb 11, 2012 Masood Alam marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I can't read or see anything cause nothing is shown from this book.
Annie
It is not a book to sit down and read through---little
Luke Morrison
Luke Morrison is currently reading it
Dec 03, 2014
Hamza
Hamza marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Amadou Sall
Amadou Sall marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Paniyalay Khan
Paniyalay Khan marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Fouad
Fouad marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Doreen Gordon
Doreen Gordon is currently reading it
Oct 07, 2014
Aditya Ikhsan
Aditya Ikhsan marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
محمد فريد
محمد فريد marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Nichole
Nichole marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Nazia
Nazia marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Kaylee
Kaylee added it
Jul 26, 2014
Syeda
Syeda marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Abdul Gafoor
Abdul Gafoor marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
A Pearl in Wine: Essays on the Life, Music and Sufism of Hazrat Inayat Khan In The Garden with Murshid Sam Calling on God: Sacred Jewish Teachings  For Seekers of All Faiths The Bowl of Saki Commentary: Daily Insights for Life