Start by marking “Chakras: Energy Centers of Transformation” as Want to Read:
Chakras: Energy Centers of Transformation

Chakras: Energy Centers of Transformation

• Revised and expanded edition of the classic work on chakras by the renowned Indian scholar and tantra practitioner.

• Over 35,000 copies of the original edition sold.

• Includes full-color illustrations of the chakras to be used with the meditation exercises in the book and provides the tools necessary to activate these centers of transformative energy.

In the ancient sc

Published October 5th 2010 by Bear & Company (first published November 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Chakras, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chakras

Kelly
Thorough and interesting, but crafted more for the serious scholar and practitioner. Background knowledge is essential.
Cherie
Not my fave chakra book, but a tight focus on chakras and kundalini, with TONS of info. A must for any chakra scholar.
Holly Bemis-Schurtz
Beautiful and detailed exploration of the subtle anatomy. A must for yoga practitioners exploring the chakras. Includes amazing illustrations. Full color inserts in center are amazing. Sahasrara Chakra illustration is perfect for Face Swapping (an added bonus for the younger set).
Bethany
Feb 06, 2014 Bethany rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is not a fair review of this book. I'm a novice at best in Yoga. To me, reading this book was like picking up Grey's Anatomy (as an accountant), but written in sanskrit. I literally got nothing out of it. I had wanted to learn about Chakras because a psychic told me my fourth chakra was dying out... which I guess I now understand that at least. That's the chakra about faith, and that's been dying in me for quite some time... it may never recover. It also doesn't help that my copy from the l ...more
Sujata Sahni
The book presents the ancient Vedic learnings of Yoga in a simple and easy to understand language. Helps to understand how to use the left and right hemispheres of the brain and build creative intelligence through regular practice. Also throws light on the use of the Cerebrum ( hemispheres), Cerebellum ( lower brain, mechanical) and Cerebral Cortex (upper brain, open to change) to enable transformation via Yoga techniques.
Lauri
3/30/10 I started reading this book about a week ago and find it difficult to follow. I have skipped large sections filled with Hindi concepts and vocabulary that are impossible to fully grasp. Not very relatable so far. Hoping for a bit more history.
Chelsea
Book 10/50.

For yoga. Very informational for those interested in the chakras AS WELL AS the different branches of kundalini yoga.
Sabine Krueger
Sabine Krueger rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2013
Inderjit Singh
Inderjit Singh rated it did not like it
Nov 06, 2014
Jimmy
Jimmy rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2015
Lynda Wylde
Lynda Wylde rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Ružica
Ružica rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2014
Debasmita
Debasmita rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2014
Rakshit
Rakshit rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2014
John
John rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2017
Dirk
Dirk rated it it was ok
Sep 02, 2008
Tammy Lee  Benson
Tammy Lee Benson rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it did not like it
Jul 03, 2014
Sabrina Mesko
Sabrina Mesko rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2013
Sagar Durugkar
Sagar Durugkar rated it it was ok
Oct 09, 2014
Shaili
Shaili rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2013
Kody Kline
Kody Kline rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2012
Samantha Davidson
Samantha Davidson rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2014
Arpit
Arpit rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2015
Ana Paula Pela
Ana Paula Pela rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2015
Ursu Caribe
Ursu Caribe rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2014
Natasha
Natasha rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2012
Dawn Anderson
Jan 31, 2008 Dawn Anderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING .
Cassius Michael
Cassius Michael rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Great Initiates: A Study of the Secret History of Religions
  • The Book of Chakra Healing
  • Kundalini Tantra
  • Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man
  • Chakra Balancing: A Guide to Healing and Awakening Your Energy Body [With Cards and Workbook and 2 CDs]
  • The Serpent Power: The Secrets of Tantric and Shaktic Yoga
  • The Book of Chakras: Discover the Hidden Forces Within You
  • The Path of Purification: Visuddhimagga
  • Art and Symbols of the Occult: Images of Power and Wisdom
  • Introduction to Tantra: The Transformation of Desire
  • The Doctrine of Awakening: The Attainment of Self-Mastery According to the Earliest Buddhist Texts
  • Spirit Babies: How to Communicate with the Child You're Meant to Have