Start by marking “This Time Forever (Mickelle #1, Rebekka #1)” as Want to Read:
This Time Forever (Mickelle #1, Rebekka #1)

This Time Forever (Mickelle #1)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,500 Ratings  ·  127 Reviews
Mickelle Hansen never realized marriage could be so challenging. Her husband's epilepsy has caused him to become cynical and verbally abusive, but with love in her heart and strength from her Heavenly Father, Mickelle is determined to make her marriage work. Then the worst happens, Can she ever pick up the shattered pieces of her life? Doing so seems impossible.

Meanwhile,
Kindle Edition, Second Edition, 358 pages
Published November 8th 2010 by White Star Press (first published January 2001)

To ask other readers questions about This Time Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Time Forever

Amy
Jan 09, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy by: Bookbub
Shelves: chicklit, christian
I enjoyed this sweet, clean love story. It's a quick read that I found on Bookbub. When I downloaded it, I didn't realize it was an LDS novel, I didn't even realize there were LDS stories. I don't think that should be a factor in deciding to read or not read the book, I'm not Mormon and it didn't faze me.
Pam
Nov 08, 2014 Pam rated it it was ok
Long

Although I wanted to find out how Rebekka and Mickelle's story ended this book was too long and drawn out for me. I do not share the Mormon faith and didn't know when I chose this book that was what I was reading until I had gotten into the book. I have learned more through this book about the differences and similarities between my Christian faith and Mormonism. I have no plans on reading anymore of the books in this series. That being said I did love her books "Tell me no Lies" and "Your E
Kellie-jo
Apr 16, 2015 Kellie-jo rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!

Any women out there who need a good heart warming LDS novel, pick this one! I couldn't put it down. The character's intertwined brilliantly. I love Rachel's books.
Stacy
Jan 09, 2016 Stacy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was a free download from Kindle so I got it...wasn't too thrilled about it. Pretty boring and extremely predictable. Just didn't connect with the characters!
Rayni
Nov 04, 2012 Rayni rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: LDS readers
Recommended to Rayni by: Author recognition
I wavered between 3 & 4 stars, but decided it was only fair to give it 4 stars. After all I pulled an all-nighter reading this book. If I only "liked" it, I would have been able to put it down & go to bed, right? It didn't make 5 stars because it took another 4 days to read the last 25% of the book. I felt like the last part of the book had too much crammed into it.

It was a good stand alone book, but now I want to read Savvy's story again, or actually read Brionny's story, then Savvy's s
Melonie Kydd
Jan 12, 2016 Melonie Kydd rated it really liked it
I have choosen the book “This Time Forever” by Rachel Ann Nunes 2012 published by White Star Press.

This was a very enjoyable read for me and i found it hard to put down as the author did an amazing job in creating relatable and charismatic characters. This fact made me want to know more and more how each story would unfold.

I found this book covered some very important and realistic topics; such as mental health issues, epilipsy and domestic abuse. Each character in the story had a real rawness
Caranna
Sep 09, 2014 Caranna rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction
I'm a sucker for sweet, sappy, and clean romances with a happy ending.Rachel Ann Nunes writes Latter-Day-Saint fiction and incorporates the religion into her writing and her characters.

I found "This Time Forever" as a free download from the Amazon Kindle store. I love it when the free downloads are actually good books!

Nunes' characters are well written, multidimensional and believable. She has a good grasp on the complexities of human emotions and their origins.

The story was full of ups and d
Heather
Jul 19, 2010 Heather rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A story about Rebekkah trying to escape from her life behind in Paris while she works for the Wolfe family in Utah. Meanwhile Brionny's sister struggles with her husband's violence behavior.
Skedatt
Jun 02, 2014 Skedatt rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
Meh. I kind of got the feeling that I started in the middle of a series, but it didn't hamper me in the reading of it. But after I finished I wondered, "Why did I read that?" Oh, right, it was free on kindle and I recognized the author from something that my friend had read eight years ago.

Overall, it was a fantasy without the redeeming fantastic elements. Prince Charming came along and swooped her up. No castles, no sword fights, nothing. Just angst about an emotionally abusive relationship an
Melody McBride
Feb 05, 2016 Melody McBride rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: just-ok
I liked this book. It definitely kept me up late last night. (Shhh... Don't tell my husband!) I related to the characters because our religion is the same, and I felt I might react the same way they did to things. Things were just so sad for Mickelle for the longest time for me to really enjoy the book. I understood her depression, because her life was Rough with a capital R.

I'm glad stories like this exist because it reminds me of how good I have it, but I'm not sure I want to read a lot of the
Alysha Speer
Nov 16, 2007 Alysha Speer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers
Shelves: romantic
loved it......one of my favorites.......love the storyline and the characters.....loved it all....made me cry..
Sher
Dec 29, 2015 Sher rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I almost didn't admit I read this book, but it was so bad I felt I had to warn others not to waste their time. Like another reviewer, I did not know this book was written for a Mormon audience and I do not share those beliefs. However, the story starts off with a sickening, harsh tragedy so it at least makes you want to see how it ends - predictably, of course. But the tragedy itself was so awful that I was shocked to find out this was written for a "faith-based" audience. While I felt bad for M ...more
Miranda
Whoa! There was a lot, too much, going on in this story. Several potential books hide in the under stories of the fistful of characters. So much so that at one point I stopped reading and researched to see if I was joining it in the middle of a series. Editorially speaking, I had to take several deep breaths on more than one occasion to convince myself to finish the story due to poor grammar or choppy writing. All that being said, it was a sweet story, or rather, several sweet stories piled into ...more
June
Sep 03, 2012 June rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lds-fiction
This is the second reading of this book. I have enjoyed all the books and stories by Rachel Nunes. The LDS romance novel explains the delimnas that many men and women face in marriage. Some are married in the temple and end up in sad, unloving, or abusive marriages. Others marry non-members or out of the temple and face the heartache of not being able to totally share for eternity. Then when death takes a loved one, the newly married couples deal with their previous love and know it is for etern ...more
Apzmarshl
Great book if you are looking for clean, sweet romance. It was a nice break from the more intense books I've been reading.
Although it says it's book 1, there was a series that came before it that gives more history on the secondary characters. It's not necessary to read those in order to enjoy this book.
It's a nice reminder that Heavenly Father has a plan specific to you.
Tawnya
Apr 10, 2015 Tawnya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meh. It was ok. He writing was ok, but the characters inner dialogue got on my nerves. I don't know about you but my inner thoughts are not always in the form of a question. "Am I going to be able to eat this whole sandwich?" "Can I really love my kids when they write on the carpet in crayon?" It made it a little too dramatic for me. But it was ok.
Heidi
May 15, 2012 Heidi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Rachel Ann Nunes' book This Time Forever right after I read another of hers--back to back. I enjoy her writing style. It's like putting on a comfy pair of slippers and camping on my sofa with a quart of Ben and Jerry's.

These books had me sitting in the front seat of her car, right there in Utah. I've been a single mother struggling to make it on a tiny income. I've had an ex husband who I had to live beyond and try to understand, in order to stay sane. His temper was a match for Mickelle'
Missy
Dec 31, 2013 Missy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
To be fair, I did not know that this was part of a series when I read it. Perhaps my review would be different if I'd read the other books that lead up to this one. I was pretty overwhelmed through the first third or so of the book with so many characters and story lines to keep straight. I did enjoy how they started to intertwine and how everyone seemed to have a connection with each of the other characters by the end.

I'm always up for a squeaky clean romance. It's nice to have books that I do
Connie
Jan 24, 2014 Connie rated it liked it
Shelves: high-school
I did not know this was 5th in a series, but it worked out just fine as a stand alone. I liked the 2 main story lines. It was a little busy at first, but made for fun transitions. One story is about a person who is in love with their best friend but never says anything. The other talks about domestic abuse and suicide, which is not really comfortable to read about, but important to understand. I did like how both stories were inter-connected.

Clean Mormon read for 14 & up, although the main c
Lacey
Feb 26, 2016 Lacey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are multiple story lines running throughout this book and they all intersect and overlap. Nunes definitely takes the time to develop her characters, but about three quarters of the way through, I found myself thinking, "just get to the end already!!" It wasn't a bad book though, it just needed to be about 30 pages shorter!
Margaret Klein
Sep 24, 2014 Margaret Klein rated it really liked it
This Time it took Forever.

Rachel Ann Nunes' book, "This Time Forever" is a story of siblings, their friends, and business associates. The storyline is based in places like France, Alaska, Utah. It's a sweet story that covers the death of a spouse, children issues, and most importantly unrequited love.
Mom
Apr 25, 2014 Mom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: karen-s-kindle
One thing about reading books is it gives you the opportunity to evaluate your life and see the good things you have. I've never experienced death of a spouse or knowing someone that is filthy rich (which I wouldn't mind doing though :) Enjoyed author since she is LDS and could include things about our faith in her book.
Mignon
Sep 06, 2014 Mignon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my genre of books, LDS modern-day fiction. There were a few things that were pretty cheesy about the book but I enjoyed the different storylines. I won't read anymore of this series. Because it's modern day there are too many things that relate to my life. When I read a book I like to escape and have it fluffy and fun. This was fun but not my favorite like I said
Kaye
Jan 29, 2014 Kaye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Light Christian romance with an emphasis on a couple meeting after both of their spouses died and they are left as single parents. Shows the struggle of trusting again after being hurt in relationships, including the problems of trusting that children have when individuals leave them. A little fairy tale for this middle income individual.
Petra Sanchez
Mar 12, 2015 Petra Sanchez rated it it was amazing
This Time Forever ( Rebekka Book 1)

I liked this book it was about two ladies and how they lived their lives. About their faith and the differences in their lives. Now I need to get the 2nd books of both ladies.
Debbie West
Aug 09, 2015 Debbie West rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a great book! I kept wondering how Michelle's story & Rebekka's would come together. They did & the ending was magical! Both found true love in unexpected places. A great Christian romance!!
Alysia
Feb 02, 2016 Alysia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. My heart broke for Mikelle, and really wanted to pick up the next book to find out where her story would go from here. Loved that Rebekah finally got her happy!
Mary Lou Lane
Aug 12, 2016 Mary Lou Lane rated it it was amazing
Great read

Enjoyed this book very much and anxious to read more by this author. Always had to hurry back to read to find out how the characters were going to react.
Carrie
May 16, 2013 Carrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
High 3...I rounded up because this book is wholesome and centered on good family values that mirror my own! :)

Good story, but with lots going on. There are a couple of different 'romances' taking place in this book and they are intertwined. There were times during the story that I felt like I was missing something and I was pretty sure that a lot of the characters' backstories had taken place in other books. And I was right. Ms. Nunes has written about these secondary characters in quite a few o
belinda lilly
Feb 16, 2015 belinda lilly rated it it was amazing
Good

A good Christian story intermingling two families. Rebecca getting her blessing and Mickelle losing then finding her greatest love. Real good story.
  • Return to Love (Trevor Family Saga, #1)
  • An Enduring Love (Unexpected Love, #2)
  • Coming Home (Home Trilogy, #3)
21980
Rachel Ann Nunes (pronounced noon-esh) learned to read when she was four and by seventh grade knew she was going to be an author. Now as a stay-at-home mother of seven, it isn't easy to find time to write, but she will trade washing dishes or weeding the garden for an hour at the computer any day! Her only rule about writing is to never eat chocolate at the computer. "Since I love chocolate and wr ...more
More about Rachel Ann Nunes...

Mickelle (3 books)