Start by marking “No Ordinary Hero (Conard County, # 24)” as Want to Read:
No Ordinary Hero (Conard County, # 24)

No Ordinary Hero (Conard County & Conard County: The Next Generation #24)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  7 reviews
When veterinarian Mike Windwalker shows up on widow Del Carmody's doorstep, she soon discovers that he's no ordinary man. Mike's a drop-dead-gorgeous Native American caught between two worlds: those of science and his ancestors' spiritual ways. Del can't explain the strange things happening in her house--the unexplained noises and seemingly misplaced items--unsettling her ...more
Published February 2011 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about No Ordinary Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Ordinary Hero

Paige
Since her husband's death, which resulted in her daughter being paralyzed, Delia "Del" Carmody has put on her strong face and been done everything to support her and her daughter.

But when strange noises in the house she is repairing in order to "flip" it begin scaring her daughter, Colleen, Del becomes worried.

It only takes Del hearing the noise herself to believe something isn't right about the house. Add on to that the fact that things are getting missed placed in the house.

Good thing she h
Mombo
The heroes in a few of the latest of RL's Conard County TNG series were beginning to become so similar in my mind I was losing track of who was with who.

Thankfully she made the hero of NOH, Mike Windwalker, a Cheyenne or I could have been hopelessly unable to see the difference. Social issues such as his fear of interracial mixing and her daughter's disability, which was not really a problem, also set the story apart. Oh, and there's that ghost but wait a second...

Ethan from A Soldier's Homecom
Ann  Lorz
I love the Conard County books and have been reading them since book one. Each book brings me back to a wonderful town where I know about everyone. I'm happy she's continued to write them. Each book has a little suspense and tons of love.
Donna
Fun, fast read.....and more or less predictable...Mike's defensiveness about being Native American was a little overwrought. There are much better books in this series.
Robin
Quick read. I read it when it first came out but I've got all my Fictionwise.com books available to me on my Nook now so I'm rereading.
Joshualyn Prater
It was pretty good, quick and easy read :-) although it was a bit predictable, other then that I really liked it. <3
Harlequin Books
Trisha Lovell
Trisha Lovell marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Hina
Hina marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Debra
Debra added it
Jun 24, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
19673

Rachel Lee is a New York Times best-selling author and the winner of Six Romantic Times magazine Reviewers' Choice Awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award, and is a five-time finalist for the Romance Writers of America's RITA® Award. She has penned a wide variety of
More about Rachel Lee...
Shadows of Myth Miss Emmaline and the Archangel (Conard County, #3) Soldier's Christmas (Conard County #16, Wingman Warriors #8) Shadows of Prophecy A Soldier's Redemption (Conard County, #23)