Start by marking “A Woman's Europe: True Stories” as Want to Read:
A Woman's Europe: True Stories

A Woman's Europe: True Stories

A Woman's Europe is a collection of inspiring and entertaining true stories by women about their travels throughout the Continent. Europe has always drawn Americans in part because so many of their ancestors emigrated from there. But Europe also has an irresistibly romantic appeal. It's a place of old-world elegance, with centuries of history, rich art and architecture. It ...more
Published June 29th 2004 by Travelers' Tales

To ask other readers questions about A Woman's Europe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Woman's Europe

Aug 08, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I was disheartened at first by the introduction to this collection, which seemed too essentialist for my taste: "women just travel differently than men." Well, maybe, but if this was going to just be another collection of "quirky mishaps of the wandering woman" I was not going to be super into it. The actual collection is anything but--it's super thoughtful and covers a lot of ground--tracing family roots, living in two languages, solving problems that arise on the road, and making astute observ ...more
Elizabeth
Feb 18, 2012 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
A friend lent me this book, and I enjoyed it very much, though I wouldn't have thought to buy it. I do like me some essays. The writing was excellent through and through. My only complaint was that some of the essays concerned event back in the 80s...not very current. Some of those stories were good, some less so. Overall, a well done book.
Robin Thomas
Feb 08, 2012 Robin Thomas rated it really liked it
I've had this book for years I think and just got around to reading it. I took it with me when I got called for jury duty. It was the perfect book as it is a collection of mini stories told by women traveling alone or with other women. Great stories.
May 26, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I'm not a big fan of short stories, so it took me a while to really get into this book, but once I did it was enjoyable. I have been to France, Spain, Italy and Ukraine, so a lot of the stories brought back pangs of nostalgia. Sigh...to be in Europe again, lol.
Terri
Jan 26, 2013 Terri rated it liked it
I gave this 3 stars because some of the stories weren't very good. However the ones that were good were really good
Briana Huether
Briana Huether rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2010
Liese
Liese rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2009
Valerie Bell
Valerie Bell rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2011
Grier
Grier rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Colleen
Colleen rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2012
Peggy Hilliard
Peggy Hilliard rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2015
Molly
Molly rated it liked it
May 17, 2014
Nikki
Nikki rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2011
Jen
Jen rated it it was ok
Mar 18, 2010
Nikki
Nikki rated it really liked it
May 02, 2011
Iona Turner
Iona Turner rated it liked it
May 29, 2012
Janet Fogg
Janet Fogg rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2009
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Caron
Caron rated it it was ok
Mar 26, 2010
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2008
Jaime
Jaime rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2012
Abrisch
Abrisch rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2009
LeeEllen
LeeEllen rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2011
mwbham
mwbham rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2009
CL
CL rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Joan
Joan rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2013
Eve
Eve rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2012
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2008
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2014