Start by marking “A Woman's Europe: True Stories” as Want to Read:
A Woman's Europe: True Stories

A Woman's Europe: True Stories

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A Woman's Europe is a collection of inspiring and entertaining true stories by women about their travels throughout the Continent. Europe has always drawn Americans in part because so many of their ancestors emigrated from there. But Europe also has an irresistibly romantic appeal. It's a place of old-world elegance, with centuries of history, rich art and architecture. It ...more
Published June 29th 2004 by Travelers' Tales

To ask other readers questions about A Woman's Europe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Woman's Europe

Elizabeth
A friend lent me this book, and I enjoyed it very much, though I wouldn't have thought to buy it. I do like me some essays. The writing was excellent through and through. My only complaint was that some of the essays concerned event back in the 80s...not very current. Some of those stories were good, some less so. Overall, a well done book.
I'm not a big fan of short stories, so it took me a while to really get into this book, but once I did it was enjoyable. I have been to France, Spain, Italy and Ukraine, so a lot of the stories brought back pangs of nostalgia. Sigh...to be in Europe again, lol.
Robin Thomas
I've had this book for years I think and just got around to reading it. I took it with me when I got called for jury duty. It was the perfect book as it is a collection of mini stories told by women traveling alone or with other women. Great stories.
Terri
I gave this 3 stars because some of the stories weren't very good. However the ones that were good were really good
Bess
Jul 26, 2008 Bess is currently reading it
Loving this! Great armchair travel: Paris, Venice, Rome and more.
LaShelle
Some of the stories were good, some were lame. :-)
Rolayne
cures my wanderlust....temporarily.
Jennifer is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2015
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Elena
Elena added it
May 06, 2015
Ashley Bursley
Ashley Bursley marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Sherry
Sherry added it
Feb 14, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Lisa Moonen
Lisa Moonen marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Skye
Skye marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Sheri
Sheri added it
Oct 11, 2014
Sean Stevens
Sean Stevens marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Maria Brown
Maria Brown marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Steve
Steve added it
Aug 11, 2014
Malia Tanji
Malia Tanji marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Samantha Kolb
Samantha Kolb marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Adina
Adina added it
May 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Travelers' Tales: A Woman's World Gutsy Women: Travel Tips and Wisdom for the Road A Woman's Passion for Travel: True Stories of World Wanderlust A Woman's Passion for Travel: More Stories from a Woman's World A Woman's World Again: True Stories of World Travel