Start by marking “Night Watch” as Want to Read:
Night Watch

Night Watch (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #11)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  2,260 ratings  ·  114 reviews
When U.S. Navy SEAL chief Wes Skelly was sent to L.A. on assignment, he agreed to go on a blind date with beautiful single mother Brittany Evans, sister-in-law of a fellow SEAL. After all, he had been secretly in love for years, albeit with a woman who belonged to another man. So what did he have to lose?Plenty, it turned out. Because suddenly the woman he'd thought he cou ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published May 31st 2011 by HQN Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Night Watch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Watch

Buggy
Opening Line: “Brittany Evan’s hated to be late, but parking had been a pain in the butt.”

With Wes’s story we come to the end of the Tall Dark and Dangerous series and I have to say I was more than a little sad. I’ve had such a good time with this series (and all its hunky SEAL's) and can’t say enough good things about it.

I’m always guaranteed a good time here, with clever writing, action packed storylines, to-die-for heroes and strong women that bring them to their knees. Brockmann’s dialogue i
CaliGirlRae
After finishing Taylor's Temptation aka Bobby's story, I had to find out how Wes got his girl. It was always Wes and Bobby but since Bobby is taken, Wes sort of felt like he was on his own and we couldn't have that. ;-)

Brockmann still kicks butt here with the suspense and romance as Wes is called to LA to check up on the movie start sister of object of his affection Lana (his buddy Matt "Wizard" Quinn's wife). Although this time around, I liked the character drama rather than the suspense. Wes i
Jacqueline
This is one of my favorites of the Tall, Dark & Dangerous series. I loved Wes Skelly through the whole series. He is not tall dark and handsome but more average looking while still being tough. But mostly I like him because he is not perfect. He has a smoking problem and a drinking problem and loves an unavailable woman. But he is a good man. He meets a new woman and falls in love with her and lets himself be happy after years of relationship pain. The way he cares for the heroine is very to ...more
Wendy
I enjoyed this # 11 in the Tall Dark and Dangerous series. Though not up to par with her Trouble Shooters Books, I enjoyed this well written and intelligent book.

Brittany is a single mother of an adopted son that is in school working to get her Nurse Practicioner's Licence. She is set up on a blind date with a friend of her brother-in-law. She isn't expecting much because she had been burned before. Her ex was a liar and cheater and she isn't thinking that there is another man for her. But she
LaFleurBleue
I had reservations when starting this book. Wes did come across as a major looser in the 2 previous books. He seemed unhinged enough in TDD9 Get Lucky to be suspected of being a serial rapist by the heroine. He behaved like an angry teen in TDD10 Taylor's temptation, when his younger sister started to have a relationship with his buddy. Plus I feared a long and boring moral lesson on alcoholism and smoking, two of Wes' demons.
The heroine, Britt, seemed ok in TDD4, Everyday Average Jones, but I f
Jane Stewart
Pleasant contemporary romance with some suspense. I enjoyed the interesting characters.

STORY BRIEF:
Brittany is divorced and a nurse. Six years ago she adopted thirteen-year-old Andy who is now attending college on a baseball scholarship. They have a great, close relationship. Brittany’s sister set her up on a blind date with Wes a Navy SEAL. Circumstances keep Wes and Brittany together for several days and they develop a really nice close friendship-relationship. Wes has been secretly in love wi
Tina
More like 3.5 stars

Wes Skelly is a Navy SEAL on leave in LA. He is there for two reasons. 1) He has gone to LA at the request of a good friend, Lana Quinn. Her sister is a big time actress who has a stalker. Lana has asked Wes to go and help her sister set up security for her home and 2) Wes himself is set up on a blind date with Brittany Evans, the sister-in-law of one of his SEAL buddies.

When Britt and Wes meet they hit it off as great friends. Brittany is pretty sure they are aren't suited an
Writerlibrarian
This is more like a 3 3/4 stars. Suzanne Brockmann's last Tall Dark and Dangerous title is one of my favorite. Her leading man is not the typical, classic hero but the reader along with her leading lady can't help but fall for Wes Skelly. Smaller than most Navy Seal, Skelly wears his insecurities on his sleeve, like his heart. Brockmann succeeds in making her believe in the loyal but misguided love Wes has for the wife of one of his Seal buddy. This unrequired love has gone on for years.

Set up
Becky
(4 1/2, but I'll round up) I really, really liked Wes and Brittany's story. For much of the series, Wes wasn't much of a character, just the shorter, mouthier half of Bobby and Wes. He really comes to life in this last book, though. I loved that he had so many realistic flaws, yet made a real effort to improve himself. At times he was practically kicking and screaming, sure, but the effort was there. It was also really nice to see Brittany (Melody's sister from Everyday Average Jones--she's defi ...more
Golder-Mier
I did not like Wes until this book. In fact, I didn't know that this book was about Wes and that was the only reason I started it. In other books Wes is the character you just want to hit on the back of the head. He smokes, he swears, he's not tall and he seems like he has a short-man complex. He was all that in this book but way more adorable. In fact, by the end of the book, I was rooting for Wes. And this is why I love Suzanne Brockmann, her men are real (or as real as they can get on paper). ...more
Mareli
ok it's official, I'm in love with Suzanne Brockmann and I want to marry her, even if I'm already married, I'm pretty sure my husband won't have any objections about such a talented woman!

I began this book with little enthusiasm being Wes one of my less fav char. Well, I think I fell in love with him some pages before the heroine. What a man. What a wonderful, complicated, scared, coward and at same time courageous man!!!! This book is a keeper for sure!

So, this was the last one of TD&D se
Beate Tinney
Wes, ist der 11. und auch letzte Teil der Operation Heartbreaker Serie. Da ich alle Bände schon einmal gelesen hatte, konnte ich gut in die Geschichte finden. Ich persönlich empfehle aber die Serie von Anfang zu lesen.
Wes ist einer letzter Männer in seiner Einheit, der noch nicht verheiratet ist. Seit Jahren ist er in Lana verliebt, die Frau eines Navy SEALs und tabu für Wes.
Als Lana, Wes darum bittet, bei ihrer Schwester in L. A. die Sicherheitsvorkehrungen zu überprüfen, lernt Wes über ein Bli
Nicole
Out of all of the TDD series, I liked this one the most, simply for the fact that it had more of a TS feel. Suzanne's humor leaked through in this, and Wes, and all of his flaws, made it seem so much more real. I really, really hope this isn't an indication of what's to come for the TS series though. She says she's taking a break... She says she'll be back... God I hope so! Lopez needs his story told!
Sabine
Wesley Skelly ist schon seit langem in Lana Quinn verliebt, die mit einem seiner Kollegen verheiratet ist. Logisch daher, dass er ihr den Wunsch nicht abschlagen kann als sie ihn bittet, ihrer Schwester Amber zu helfen. Die ist Schauspielerin in L.A. und hat Probleme mit einem Stalker. Doch auch eine andere Sache bringt ihn in die Stadt der Engel: Sein Kumpel Cowboy und dessen Frau Melody haben ihn zu einem Blind Date mit Mels Schwester Brittany überredet.

Brittany Evans hasst nichts so sehr wie
Anita Fleming
I am now finished with this series and I am sad to be at the end. Although Suzanne Brockmann went on to write the Troubleshooters after this, I miss the really sweet, macho guys who were the heroes in the Tall, Dark & Dangerous series. This is how I like my romance done, hot H/h romance, some humor and a little suspense. No one does it better.

Wes was not my favorite of the SEALS, but this is his HEA. That I came to love him too is true. Another thing I love is the amount of backstory that we
Kate McMurry
Review of Kindle Edition, reissue of 2003 short contemporary romance

This book was originally released as No. 11 of the Tall, Dark & Dangerous Series published in 2003 by the Silhouette Intimate Moments, short, contemporary romance line from Harlequin. It has been re-released several times, most recently in Kindle format. I was a big fan of this series a decade ago, and it is a pleasure to re-read these books now on my Kindle Fire. This book is well edited and formatted.

Brittany Evans is a nu
VaultOfBooks
By Suzanne Brockmann. Grade: C
As a rule, I like more of her recent action filled romances than her previous sappy romances. I started Night Watch because I wanted to read something light and good, and in that regard, I was not disappointed. In every other regard, I was very disappointed.
When U.S. Navy SEAL Chief Wes Skelly was sent to L.A. on assignment, he agreed to go on a blind date with beautiful single mother Brittany Evans, sister-in-law of a fellow SEAL. After all, he had been secretly in
Christine
More like 2.5 stars. I really liked this book. It had much more substance than bobby Taylor's book which was not well written. This book is Wes Skelly's story. He is the SEAL who is height challenged (based on the authors weird infatuation with his height and his oppositional appearance over his BUDS mate and the other SEALS who all seem to be 6'4 & 230lbs. & georgeous). The heroine is Brittany and she was actually my favorite part of the book. She was a very stable well written characte ...more
Uthie
Wes Skelly, anggota Navy SEALs sobat renang Bobby Taylor kali ini punya urusan di L.A. Dia akan membantu adik teman-tapi-ngarep-jadi-pacar Lana Quinn yang saat ini telah menikah dengan anggota Navy SEALs yang berbeda tim dengan Wes. Adik Lana seorang artis terkenal dan saat ini ia merasa terganggu karena seorang penggemarnya mulai bertingkah kelewatan.

Itu misi pertama Wes. Misi keduanya adalah dia bakal menjalani blind-date dengan Brittany Evans, ipar Cowboy Jones, anggota Navy SEALs teman satu
Kay
Mit diesem Band endet die wundervolle Reihe der Operation Heartbreaker und lässt mich persönlich wirklich wehmütig und mit mindestens einem tränenden Auge zurück. Umso glücklicher bin ich, dass auch dieser letzte Band wieder einmal all meine Erwartungen erfüllt und eine absolut individuelle, romantische, problematische, verstrickte Geschichte bietet. Was hätte ich mehr erwarten können?!

"In Ihren Augen steht dasselbe wie in meinen: Himmlischer Vater, bewahre mich davor, Freunden und Verwandten j
Traci Mccartney
This may have been my favorite of the Tall, Dark and Deadly series. Like many other readers, I wasn't a fan of Wes throughout the series. He seemed like a loose cannon, and to me he was just an egotistical, foul-mouthed, opinionated, friend of Bobby's. But at the end of "Bobby's Temptation", I felt bad for the guy. All of the other guys in his SEAL Team had found their other halves, and poor Wes seemed miserable, especially with the unrequited love of Lana, knowing her husband was a cheating jer ...more
Erinw
Good characters with real life problems that they overcome by being mature adults. Gotta love it! Wes and Brittany are set up on a blind date. They don't expect to like each other, become friends and then finally become more. This is a great story that deals with some serious issues, like rape, with sensitivity and compassion. I have read several other of the book in this serious and really liked them. I would recommend this book and others in the series.
Nicole
This was another good book by Suzanne. I love the way she writes. The dialog, everything flows so smoothly, and this one just like the others in the series are books you can sit down with and don't want to put down. I find myself up reading at 2am and have to stretch and blink rapidly as I return to the real world after reading for so long. I enjoyed this one. It wasn't my favorite but I liked how the characters found acceptance, how they discovered what was really important to them, what really ...more
JazzRizz
I'm so sad this is the final book of this series ...

After Bobby's book, I was really looking forward to Wes' HEA ... and this book did not disappoint!!

I loved Brittany! What a great match for him. I love that they became friends first.

I really wish there was more of a complete team "wrap up" for the series, but overall I really like how it ended.

Joni
Brittany and Wes are set up on a blind date by family and friends. Neither want to go, but both go to make everyone happy. Right away they make it clear that neither one of them want to be there which makes it a fun date for them because neither have any expectations. Brittany is a single mom of a 19 year old (which she adopted when he was older) and Wes is in love with his best friends wife. Wes learns his credit card is expired and cannot get a hotel so Brittany offers her couch. What starts a ...more
Kristen
Goodness. I got this as a what-the-hell kind of read from the digital library, because there was no hold on it....but I will admit it freely: I am totally hooked. Books 9 & 10 were just okay...but this one was really good. Now to go back and start the series from the beginning...
Kenton Monjon
Another fast paced read

Brockmann never disappoints with her mix of SEAL characters and an exciting plot filled with intrigue, romance and suspense. Her characters are believable as is her story line. It's hard to put down her books.
3.5 stars. Very sweet last story in the SEAL Team 10 series. Wes has been in love with a married woman for as long as he can remember. Her husband is a fellow SEAL and notorious cheater. She's not about to leave him though so Wes goes on a blind-date with Brittany, a single mother and sister of another Team member. He doesn't think anyone will compare, but Brittany and he connect and fall in love. There's a stalker plot in here too, but it's kind of random and not that integral to the story. I g ...more
Michele Ramsey
I am truly happy that Wes - crazy navy seal - has finally found someone whom can deal with all of his problems. I like Brittany from the very first lines. She seem to be the memorable characters. Everyone is married now . Ahh.
  • Time to Run (SEAL Team 12, #3)
  • Feel the Heat (Black Ops, #4)
  • SEALed with a Promise (SEALed, #2)
  • Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Letters from Home (McPherson Brothers, #1)
  • Crazy Wild (Steele Street, #3)
Suzanne Brockmann was born in 1960. Married with Ed Gaffney, a lawyer and published writer. They have two grown children: Melanie, who is a personal trainer and author, and Jason, who is an actor and tap dancer. They divide their time between Boston, Massachusetts, Sarasota, Florida and New York City.

Published since 1993, Suzanne is widely recognized as one of the leading voices in suspense romanc
More about Suzanne Brockmann...
The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1) Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3) Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4) Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6) Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)