Start by marking “Espina Negra” as Want to Read:
Espina Negra

Espina Negra

La joven Emlyn de Ashbourne ha visto cómo el rey encarcelaba a su hermano mayor y daba órdenes para que las propiedades de la familia pasaran a manos del perverso conde de Graymere. Y si nadie lo impide, la forzarán a casarse con él. Sólo una persona es capaz de enfrentarse al conde: Espina Negra, un personaje de leyenda, un hombre al que todos daban por muerto, un caballe ...more
Published August 1st 1995 by Ediciones Urano (first published September 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Espina Negra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Espina Negra

Majo
Para ser un libro de romance histórico es demasiado pesado. La autora se centra tanto en los conflictos políticos, la corrupción y las disputas territoriales, que la trama se desdibuja.
Hubo momentos en que no estaba segura si estaba leyendo un romance histórico o una novela histórica con algo de romance.

Me gusto mucho la narrativa, la autora describe todo con minuciosidad y se toma su tiempo para plantear situaciones y, aunque eso le quitaba dinamismo a la historia, esto se compensa en otros mo
Mar 06, 2014 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I probably would not have read this book if I had seen that cover. I read this on my Kindle. I enjoyed the story, set in England during King John's reign. The outlaw Black Thorne attacking Earl Bertran de Hawkwood, called Whitehawke because of his long, white hair. Escaping after being captured, he encounters a golden girl child, who helps him in his escape. Fast Forward 8 years. Black Thorne hasn't been seen in years and is presumed dead. The girl, Emlyn de Ashbourne, is the sister of the baron ...more
Jonel Boyko
This is a sweet novel, packed full of events one doesn’t generally associate with your typical romance. War, intrigue, and suspense kept me on my toes throughout. King takes readers deep into a world where the characters King’s well edited, enchanting style makes you feel like you’re part of the story. Both the plot and the world itself were well developed, providing a complexly multifaceted tale that took me back in time.

The Robin Hood meets Prince Charming aspects of the hero’s character was,
Cheryl
Nov 02, 2014 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book a lot - I loved the time period, the quality of the writing, and the strong female character, as well as the plot twists. I would suggest closer proofreading - there were maybe twenty-some errors. (I have always thought that would make a great second job for this English teacher!) I appreciate being able to read it on my Nook - I will read more of Susan King's books!
Tania
Feb 18, 2014 Tania rated it it was amazing
Me gustó mucho. Temática medieval, aventura, pasión, erotismo y valentía.
Vale la pena leerlo si lo que se busca es lecturas de este tipo.
Greentea
(❍ᴥ❍ʋ) PaperNovel (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Beautiful, beautiful story. It has the "feel" of Robin Hood but definitely not a copy cat of that great tale. The story has 2 disguises, one called Blackthorne and the other the Green Man. I said that it has the "feel" of Robin Hood because the story is about land dispute and oppression of the poor tenants. The hero, Nicholas is waging rebellion against his own father, Whitehawke. Politics also come into play, with King John making the life of hell of Emlyn De ashebour
IoFumoFiori
2.5

Non è poi così male, solo che alcune cose sono un po' troppo... incredibili, letteralmente: non riesco ancora a crederci.
Non riesco a credere che 'sta tizia non si è accorta che Nicholas e Thorne erano la stessa persona, perché andiamo! lui non si è neanche travestito, ma neanche poco poco, ha solo cambiato atteggiamento e questa non si è accorta di niente!
Ha colpito Nicholas con una freccia, l'ha aiutato ad estrarla, l'ha medicato e visto mezzo nudo e quando qualche decina di pagine dopo è c
kendermouse
Jun 25, 2014 kendermouse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been far too long since I read it to give a full review, but I can say that I rather liked some of the interesting small details the author included; and that I recall finding their writing style to be reminiscent of Margaret Mitchell's.

I was rather put out when I lost my copy of this book, too, since at the time, I couldn't seem to find a replacement copy anywhere. It seems to have possibly been reprinted since then, or possibly Amazon's just collected a majority of the original copies, so
Geovanna Maya
Una historia que me pareció muy pesada desde el inicio, estuve a nada de abandonarla pero decidí seguir a pesar de eso y del romance poco atractivo para mi, sin olvida a la protagonista que en los primeros capítulos no fue mi favorita.
Pero bueno, casi en la mitad del libro las cosas mejoran y ya no se me hace tan fastidioso leerlo, entretiene, y todo empieza a agradar, desde la historia, hasta el romance.
Olivia
This book was really good and I very highly enjoyed it. With that being said, however, there were quite a few grammatical errors that threw me (and I can usually just fix them in my head and move on). I really loved this book, but it had more potential (if that makes sense. Haha!). Like I said, even with the errors and whatnot, I still loved this book and I would recommend it to someone looking for a good historical who won't mind overlooking the errors. <3
Mary23nm
Enjoyable read. A couple of irritations: (view spoiler)
Pat
Oct 27, 2014 Pat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
Clear you calendar before you start reading. You won't want to put it down. A gripping story with wonderful, well written characters. The only flaw was a number of errors that should have been caught buy a proofreader.
Victoria Newman
Oct 30, 2014 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is a great book to read
Nancy
Feb 18, 2012 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
England in the 13th century: corruption, politics, & gentle love. An interesting read!
Sally Hannoush
This took me a while to get into but once I did, I enjoyed the book.
Bradley
Not bad fare, but several of the names really drew me in. Be afraid, a romance book I am keeping. =)
❆ Crystal ❆
I didn't really care for this book. I gave 2 stars.
Kit★
Was free for Kindle, so I grabbed it up.
Daneesha
Nov 03, 2014 Daneesha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: medieval-times
fantastic!
Serena
Jun 03, 2015 Serena marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: botm-2015, romance-mf
Read for 06.2015 Western and Medieval Romance Lovers BotM.
L.W.
Apr 20, 2012 L.W. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The cover on the book I read was nothing like this one showing...oh well...it was a nice tale, well written and certainly made me take an interest in other books she might have out there.
Heather
The cover on Goodreads is horrible. ...if I would have seen that I would ne
ver have read it.

I could not get into this book and stopped reading it.
Tracyk
Oct 24, 2014 Tracyk rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Don't know why but this just didn't grab my attention enough to want to read it properly!
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2014
Janet Quinlisk
Janet Quinlisk rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2014
The Translation Abbey
The Translation Abbey rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2014
Rose Xie
Rose Xie rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2014
Susannah Carleton
Susannah Carleton rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2011
Cathrine Daily
Cathrine Daily rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Western and Medie...: June 2015 BOM: The Black Thorne's Rose by Susan King 12 18 Jun 30, 2015 08:36PM
  • Calico
  • Blue Moon
  • A Winter Ballad
  • The Countess (The Bride Quest II Book 1)
  • Savage Deception
  • Autumn's Flame (The Seasons Series, #4)
  • Heart's Ransom (Heart and Soul #1)
  • Apache Magic (Coltons, #1)
  • Isle of Lies (Scottish Duo, #1)
  • No Greater Love (Pascal Trilogy #1)
  • Into The Woods
  • How To Handle A Highlander (The Sutherlands, #3)
  • Siren Song (Siren Song, #1)
  • Falcon's Fire (Fairfax Family, #1; Lords of Conquest, #5)
  • Border Lord (Border, #1)
  • Comanche Temptation (Comanche, #1)
  • To Tempt a Knight (The Brotherhood of the Scottish Templars, #1)
  • Another Dawn
SUSAN FRASER KING is a multi-published, bestselling, award-winning author and a former art history lecturer. She holds a B.A. in art and an M.A. and most of a Ph.D. in art history, with postgraduate work in medieval studies. Her books are widely praised for historical detail and a lyrical writing style, and she has won multiple honors and awards for her novels written as Susan King and Sarah Gabri ...more
More about Susan King...