Surf, Sea and a Sexy Stranger

Surf, Sea and a Sexy Stranger (One Hot Fling #1)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Millionaire entrepreneur Ryan King is mortified: he's just been pulled from the ocean by a pretty female lifeguard Why, after months recovering from a horrific motorbike accident, did he get back on his surfboard? For the same reason he wants a hot, wild woman back in his bed--to prove he's the same man he was before....

Lifeguard Maddy is shocked to find that this half-dr

Published April 5th 2011 by Harlequin (first published November 19th 2010)

Kate
I think this book might have included the most frank and honest portrayal of sex I've ever read in an HP. To start off, the hero (in his early 30s) is recovering for an accidental that left him temporarily impotent -- an HP first for me. The first time the hero and heroine have sex is an absolute disaster -- no glorious rainbows and stars for the heroine. (Of course, it gets better after that, and he basically has an insatiable hard-on for the rest of the book.) And she actually spends time cont...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
I loved reading Heidi Rice’s fabulous Brothers & Sisters Series and I found myself having to go back and read Surf, Sea And A Sexy Stranger (Modern Heat) (Brothers & Sisters, #1) again, just to see where it had all begun.

I loved it the first time and the second time and now the third time….loved it even more!!!!
The storyline is still fresh and enthralling. The hero, Ryan  photo 57ea14b17255ed4a34dee3e542992f96_zpsffbe0a9a.jpgand heroine, Maddy  photo 1b9a636e04347fe3faf08e7d7e3221d4_zps7c39f262.jpgare still as adorable and lovable as ever.
The great writing and dialogue, which I loved……so I am...more
Ana
Ryan's been in an accident that hurt his leg badly. He does everything he can to convince himself that nothing's changed - surfing included. When he hits his head on the board he gets rescued by a lifeguard. To add insult to injury it's a female lifeguard one that he feels attracted to. If only there wasn't a small problem...

Maddy just decided to try and change, no more being Miss Fix-it, she only wants a sexual relationship for a change. Of course that isn't as easy as it sounds, especially whe...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
The title Surf, Sea and a Sexy Stranger only covers the initial chapter; it’s what happens with that sexy hunk later which makes this book such an amazing reading experience. This story defines what I look for in a romance book and Ms. Rice delivers.

Maddy is the heroine and she’s such a warm and wonderful person it was a pleasure watching her deal with the cranky dude she saved from drowning. The fact that she was basically innocent of much of the cynical angst and manipulative plotting that mo...more
Natālija
Wow, Ms. Rice, this was such a pleasure to read! Very hot, beautiful male character & the sweetest heroine. Recommended!
This was my first Mills and Boon book and I actually came into it with low expectations. How glad I was to be wrong, it was a short, easy, fun read with good characters and details. I will definitely look out for more Heidi Rice books in the future.
Melissa Maxwell
I just loved Maddie and Rye's story though I wish I would have known this was the first in the series before reading the sequels. There story was sweet but Rye was an idiot through a lot of the book if you are asking me. Another home run of Heidi in the writing department. I think that i have almost read all of her published works.
Teresa
This was another sizzling book by Heidi Rice - heat level set on high!

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't think it really needed the epilogue but the author did have us guessing right up to the end how this was going to be resolved.

I have this in the RIVA cover and it looks so much snazzier in pink.
Amina
Just what I needed. A bit far fetched and unrealistic when it comes to real-life romance, but that's why we read novels! Loved it. Loads of awesome scenes, and not too long.
Doris O'Connor
This is the first Heidi Rice I ever read and was hooked. I just had to get her back list of books :-)
Samantha Janning
Mills and Boon were so kind this year to send me a wonderful package with chocolates, face masks, and of course- two books! The first I read from M&B was Surf Sea and a Sexy Stranger by Heidi Rice. Maddy Westmore is on lifeguard duty when she has to rescue a man from drowning. The deliciously sexy man turns out to be millionaire entrepreneur Ryan King, though Maddy doesn’t know who he is. Rye has turned into a bit of recluse since a motorbike accident, which left him with a bad knee and inab...more
Lu Bielefeld *Hates.Cliffhanger.Endings!*
14/06/2011

Muito legal!
Eu achei um livrinho bom de ler... o mocinho está estropiado devido a um acidente e nunca mais vai poder surfar como antigamente e a mocinha é a salva-vidas que o resgata do mar. Ele fica P. da vida pois além de tudo é salvo por uma garota, kkkkk!

A primeira vez deles é muito engraçada, pois o mocinho vem de uma longa crise de impotência, que segundo o médico é psicológica, e a mocinha acha que nunca vai ter um bom sexo e se acha inadequada.

Ela tem como regra nunca dormir co...more
Angela
This is the free book Mills & Boon's website is currently giving away.

Can you just have a sexual relationship with no ties? At first it looks good, but then feels destructive. Its an easy, escapist read.
Debra
For a more detailed review, please visit my blog -

Debra's Book Cafe

Debs
Lucy Furby
easy read.....some unrealistic scenes but thats to be expected with a mills and boon!! generally enjoyed it.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: One Hot Fling
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: One Hot Fling
Glynda Roy
Great romance.
Alyson
Alyson marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Rucsandra Stoian
Rucsandra Stoian marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
(Mrs B's Books) Emily
(Mrs B's Books) Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Breanne
Breanne marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Wedding Date
  • The Return of the Renegade
  • The Real Rio D'Aquila (Orisini Brides, #2)
  • Bride for Real
  • With This Fling
  • The Inherited Bride
  • First Time Lucky?
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • In Christofides' Keeping (Modern)
  • The Husband She Never Knew
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • Scandal: Unclaimed Love-Child
  • A Dark Sicilian Secret
  • Her Last Night of Innocence
My name's Heidi Rice, I'm a USA Today Bestselling author (because one of my books once hit no. 100 on the list! But it still counts!) I'm married with two teenage sons (which gives me rather too much of an insight into the male psyche!). I also work as a film journalist and I was born in Notting Hill in West London (before it became as chi-chi as it is in the film starring Hugh Grant!) and I now l...more
More about Heidi Rice...
Maid of Dishonor (The Wedding Season, #3) One Night, So Pregnant! (Brothers & Sisters, #4) Pleasure, Pregnancy and a Proposition (Harlequin Presents #2809) The Tycoon's Very Personal Assistant Cupcakes and Killer Heels (Brothers & Sisters, #2)