Start by marking “The Italian's Inexperienced Mistress (Ruthless)” as Want to Read:
The Italian's Inexperienced Mistress (Ruthless)

The Italian's Inexperienced Mistress (Ruthless)

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  2,379 ratings  ·  172 reviews

Angelo Riccardi didn't do love. Because he'd been denied it a long time ago....

When Angelo sought revenge Gwenna Hamilton added another, delicious dimension. Innocent and pretty, she had no chance when the Italian tycoon offered her the devil's bargain: pay for her father's freedom with her body.

In her naiveté, Gwenna thought that Angelo would tire of her and her innocenc

Kindle Edition, Harlequin Presents, #2621, 184 pages
Published (first published October 17th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Italian's Inexperienced Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Italian's Inexperienced Mistress

Natalie
Blodeuedd Finland
I am gonna try some sort some short review thing for this one...but first, harlequin presents titles crack me up, lol.

Characters:
Angelo Ricardo: Italian playboy tycoon out after revenge, coldhearted.
Gwenna Hamilton: Totally naive, and a sweetheart.
Her dad: An idiot who swindles money.

Plot:
Seek revenge on Hamilton and make him pay, and in comes Gwenna, new plan, destroy her in search of revenge by making her his mistress.

Good parts:
It was really short, and took now time at all to read, which I
Lisa (Fic Talk)

Hah, I actually just saw the "Ruthless" part in the title of this and... it makes sense.

I have a little weakness for these types of stories, people.

Don't Judge Me.

However, whilst reading this novel a thought popped into my head.

So I picked up my phone and whatsapp'd my coblogger, Autumn.

I was all: you-know-who read this shit before THAT book was written. This is THAT book, but a watered down version. And this chick is HER, but a slightly tougher version. Slightly.

Her reply: Meh, I don't reall
Lindsey
The Harlequin Presents line is like fried food for my brain: I know it's really bad for me, and I should be appalled that I'm indulging in it, but I do it occasionally anyway. If you don't get a sneaky thrill out of uber-rich alpha male, stay away from this line, and definitely stay away from this book.

As an act of revenge, Angelo, the hero, sets Gwenna, the heroine, up as a mistress in a house in London. It's an old school arrangement: she has no life other than looking pretty and hanging out
Bekah
This was a surprisingly good book! I really liked it. I loved how irresistable Gwenna was to Angelo. I also loved how Gwenna was able to realistically separate herself from him time and time again even though she was drawn to him. I loved the way love transformed Angelo from a cold robot to a big gooey mess of love for his woman. It was also very steamy. Liked that too!!! Would probably read again.
Paige
Laurie
Angelo is the son of 2 crime families. His mother died when he was 8, but not before running away into anonymity to protect her son. His mother, later, had fallen for and gotten pregnant by a married man who cast her aside. Angelo wants revenge.

Gwenna is a sweet, beautiful young woman who is the bastard child of her father and one of his many mistresses. She is treated like an unwanted reminder of that long ago tryst by her stepmother and 2 stepsisters (Cinderella, anyone?) She dearly loves her
Paula Legate
I didn’t think I would like this story. The first few pages were hard for me to get into, but they are important to the story line. After the first few pages, I couldn’t put the book down. This book is kind of like a Cinderella love story. Gweena was always treated like an outsider compared to her step mom, and sisters. She was sent to a boarding school when she was little, while her step sisters lived the good life. Gweena was shocked that any man would notice her , especially a rich, handsome ...more
Susan (susayq ~)
This was pretty good! I read it one sitting last night and only wanted to throw my Kindle twice :) What I liked most was that Angelo fell for her before she fell for him and he realized that he had screwed up in the beginning with the reason he found her and started the relationship. Gwenna should have dumped her family a long time before she ever met Angelo. They were selfish, spoiled, mean people who didn't deserve her love and attention. Too bad it took Angelo to make her see that.
Ethar
OH my God , I loved it so much . the Fact that he was in love with her the second he saw her and he did`t know , was beautiful. And she sill was doubting his motives for keeping her . He did a lot of things for her ,even hid the truth from her ....really you should read it .
Steelwhisper
1.5* rounded up.

This was the tale of a Mary Sue falling for her handsome knight in a lot of near-purple and purple prose.

Can't rec this.
Lyndsey
I thought this book was good. It is about a girl who sacrifices herself for a father she is devoted to and a guy who is incorrigible and always gets his way until she defies him. I can honestly say I went from disliking the main guy to understanding him. Of course you have the development of multiple secondary characters that I thought was a nice change from your typical Romance. You get to see the awesome growth of the two main characters. I do not want to say too much about what happens to the ...more
Cecilia
A freebie from Harlequin. I think if it weren't for the hero requiring the heroine to be his mistress so that he won't prosecute her father for his crimes, I might have liked this book more. I mean, I've read Lynne Graham's books and other HPs, so in all fairness, it's not like I don't know what to expect, so I probably shouldn't be so disappointed.

But at the same time, there's a part of me that hopes that the execution of this trope will not be so fatal to my brain cells. I would say the execu
Jessica
Well, I got this for free through Amazon for my Kindle, and I'm glad I didn't pay for it. I think it'd only have 1 star if I'd paid even $.99 for it. I skimmed through parts of this book because I felt the dialogue was just unbelievable, and the characters were...well, stupid. Gwenna is naive. I mean, naive bordering on mentally challenged, because this chick has been crapped on her whole life by her family, but she's still willing to martyr herself to a stranger (who is a complete arse) for the ...more
Jennette
This is what I would call a typical Harlequin Presents book- short, uncomplicated, not too believable, and quick to read. I don't read romances for reality. I have reality in my real life books are for fun. I don't want to be insulting, but I am afraid I am going to be. If you want great literature that stands the test of time then you don't buy Harlequin books. If you want quick to read romance and happy endings then Harlequin is perfect.
This book was a let down even for my lower standard. The
Shh I'm reading!
Okay, I read it because it was free but honestly Gwenna and Angelo were obnoxious and I would have been extremely upset if I had paid for this. This was the epitome of why Harlequin novels get a bad rap. None of the characters had any redeeming qualities beside Gwenna who was so blind to the faults of everyone that it was maddening reading about how she was being taken advantage of. I mean COME ON, stop being a doormat! Definitely don't recommend.
Lina
Quite a fascinating story, it 's just that sometimes the author goes into reporter mode rather than a story teller, it is like "She did that then she decided that she should have done that and then the next day she went to do something else..." It 's like the author is fast forwarding the story which really is not cool. It happens three or four times but other than this, the book is really good.
Bekah
This was surprisingly a really good book! I loved how Angello found Gwenna completely irresistable, and how even though she was drawn to him she was able to realistically dump him and leave over and over. I also loved her naivete and how well grounded she was. I loved how love transformed him from a cold robot to a warm gooey mess of love for his woman.
Brandy
For me the book was just okay. I don't have a problem with not having a sex scene but it greatly confused me when in one paragraph they are about to and the next its just done. I needed a break somehow to let my mind wonder through the imaginary sex scene.

That was my biggest issue with the book.
L.  (I hate fake reviews)
Aug 14, 2011 L. (I hate fake reviews) added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people waiting in the doctor's office
Shelves: romance
Free!
I'll read any kind of drivel if it's free. Oh, and short. Yeah, free and short. All books should be free and short. What's this got to do with the story? Nothing. I just wanted to explain why I bothered to read something called The Italian's Inexperienced Mistress.
Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
I felt so conflicted while reading this book, because the hero of this novel was such an arrogant bastard, but I actually liked him. I don't know why, but I did.

It is what it is.
Ker
¡Ay, me encantó! Una mezcla de cenicienta y Romeo y Julieta. Linda historia. Para nada aburrida, con muchos cambios que la hacen más interesante.
Bree T
Angelo Riccardi is rich, the CEO of a multinational company. He made his own way in the world, brought himself up from nothing and when he finds that his mother was the estranged daughter of a notorious mobster who ran from her overbearing family, he doesn’t like having the taint of criminal on him. However his dying grandfather gives him the name of the man who wronged his mother, taking all her money and losing it, leaving her poor. And Angelo does a bit of digging and sees a chance to get rev ...more
Mary
The Italian's Inexperienced Mistress by Lynne Graham

Rating ***1/2 Stars

This was the first book I have read from Harlequin in a very long time. I wasn't disappointed.

I would of given it 4 stars except I wanted Gwenna make Angelo gravel more.

This is a story about Angelo Riccardi and Gweena Massey Hamilton. How they met and the love they shared.

Characters:

Angelo Riccardi Italian billionaire, incapable of love, seeks revenge
Gweena Massey Hamilton virgin, shy, sweet woman
Donald Hamilton Gweena's fath
Aisha Oaktree
Sometimes I love to read what i call "fluff romance' you know the quick reads that don't really have anything fun in them, just guy, girl and trouble which then leads to lsting love. This one was just ....I don't know where to start, All I can say is it was free adn that should have been a warning.

The lead characters are both idiots, she;s dumb, he's too arrogant and there is nothing sexy about teither of them. I really can't deal with these female characters who are so naive that they don't ev
Kame
I an not sure why I finished this book because until the last third of this book I did not a single character except Gwenna and her dog Piglet.

Gwenna is a Cinderella character - her father and wicked step-mother do not treat her well. Her father only claimed and adopted her after her mother died.

Angelo is a stewing business man. He wants revenge on the man who mismanaged his mother's finances when Angelo was a young boy. He is hurt from his mother's death when he was young and lived the rest of
Amanda
The premise of this book--trading sex that borders on prostitution--usually icks me out, so I avoid titles like these. This one was available on amazon for free, so I gave it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. The billionaire hero was a lusty and emotional Italian, as stated in the title, that had to face jealously, an ugly dog, and a country heroine that didn't follow the rules or fit into his world. This story ended so nicely, that it got an extra star. But, I was far from sold on the idea tha ...more
Tonileg
Temps en temps, quand on cherche de trouver la vérité ou la revanche après un tort, enfin, quand on joue d’être la Karma police, on n'a pas toujours les résultats prévus...
Donc un beau italien décide de trouver la justice pour sa mère défunte et ramener un escroc en prison. Mais il tombe sur sa tête pour la fille de l'escroc (littéralement, quand il essaie de jouer le sauveur du chien de la fille). Franchement, j'ai moité aimée, moité détestée cette fille parce qu'elle est gentille et juste, ma
Angel **Book Junkie**
Another Amazon Freebie!

As Angelo learns his background, you are sure to have a love/hate relationship with him. You first wonder why he is so cold but as you hear his story, you know there is much more to it. As you teach of Donald Hamilton the man who stole his mother’s money and then onto Gwenna the daughter of such a “horrid man” you can only wonder if the story is true. In the beginning you know that at some point the two will meet (come on we know this is a Romance Novel) just from the cove
R.G.
I've read this book over and over and love it every time even though it's a little unlikely... A billionaire sets out to destroy the man who left his mother penniless and then decides the best part of the revenge would be taking the man's daughter, Gwenna... But of course he wants her more than anything and puts up with her constantly trying to leave and gives her everything he thinks will make her happy which is all rather romantic that in trying to get revenge he finally finds something worth ...more
  • Passion to Die For (Silhouette Romantic Suspense #1579)
  • The Italian's Wedding Ultimatum (Modern Romance S.)
  • Cowboy Dad (The State of Parenthood #3)
  • The New Deputy in Town (Whitehorse Montana #2)
  • Price of Passion
  • Baby Bonanza
  • The Greek's Innocent Virgin (Kouros Brothers Duo #1 & Greek Tycoons #2)
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • The Life She Left Behind (The Santina Crown 0.5)
  • Emergency: Wife Lost and Found
  • Gold Ring of Betrayal
  • The Greek Tycoon's Unexpected Wife (In the Greek Tycoon's Bed) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #6)
  • The Bride Thief
  • The Spanish Prince's Virgin Bride (Billionaires' Brides, #3)
  • Bought For The Marriage Bed
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • Taken For Revenge, Bedded For Pleasure

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1
More about Lynne Graham...
The Spanish Groom Bond of Hatred The Spanish Billionaire's Pregnant Wife Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife The Greek Tycoon's Disobedient Bride