Start by marking “Dark Taste of Rapture (Alien Huntress, #6)” as Want to Read:
Dark Taste of Rapture (Alien Huntress, #6)

Dark Taste of Rapture (Alien Huntress #6)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  4,372 ratings  ·  263 reviews
Also see: Alternate Cover Editions for this ISBN [ACE]
ACE #1

New York Times bestselling author Gena Showalter captivates with a dark, tantalizing world of humans, otherworlders, and a powerful AIR agent consumed by his desire for a woman he can never have. . . .

With one caress, he can give unforgettable pleasure . . . or unending pain. . . .

Hector Dean is shaved, tattoo
Mass Market Paperback, 451 pages
Published August 23rd 2011 by Pocket Star Books

Leah
Love having more of Dallas!

Favorite Quote:
His possibly-straddling-the-edge-of-gay guy-crush was reserved for Devyn, king of the Targons, best friend and egotistical shithead who once collected women like other men collected hats.
(Dallas, page 7)

Merged review:

Gena Showalter is a goddess. Seriously. I don't know how the woman does it. She has at least three series in progress and manages to get out at least four books a year! And I think she's had more than that this year. She's fucking amazing. I
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Gena Showalter is on her A-game with this latest installment in her Alien Huntress series. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about this one. I didn't exactly love Noelle in the last book. But here we get to see that there is much more to her than good looks, piles of money, and a perverse sense of humor. And Hector... (sigh)... he is my favorite kind of hero: broken, tortured, powerful and unsure. Not to mention: ripped, loyal and sexy. Yum.

I expected the book to pick where Ecstasy in Darkness left off
Heather C
This was a nice continuation of the Alien Huntress Series.

What I did like:

1. I didn't have any trouble remembering the storylines from previous books. The author did a good job of refreshing my memory.

2. There was a lot of sexual tension

3. It was funny

4. Hector was actually a hottie

5. Hector was crazy possessive

6. Noelle was kick-ass

7. Favorite quote: (view spoiler)
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I.LOVE.DALLAS!

That's pretty much all there is to it. He's funny, sexy, confident, and I can't wait for his book!!!

This review was posted at Under The Covers

How do you like your heroes? Tall, muscled, strong, tortured, tattooed, oh-so-sexy, with golden eyes and . . .dimples! Is that close? Well then, meet Hector Dean. I mean, just take a look at the cover. He is edible!! And to make the cover justice, the man you will meet in the book is a fantasy come to life!

This book backtracks i
Melindeeloo
Taking just a little step back in time from the previous book, Dark Taste of Rapture starts with Ava and Noelle's arrival at the AIR academy, and the start of the attraction rejection polka that is the courtship between dark and intense Hector and bubbleheaded on the surface Noelle, as Noelle and Ava make it through the academy, Noelle loses her best bud to marriage to McKell, and Noelle and Hector become partners working on a case that involves the kidnapping of alien woman.

This latest Alien Hu
Catherine
Boy, was I surprised to open this book and find that we were much earlier in the series timeline than we left off on in Ecstasy In Darkness. It was a good thing, though. Not only did we get to see an earlier glimpse of Ava and Noelle’s friendship, we also got to see the intriguing backstory between Noelle and Hector. I’ve got to say, even after reading this last book, I had no idea they had that kind of history together.

I really enjoyed Ava and Noelle in Ecstasy In Darkness. They were violent,
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
You know when you pick up a novel from Gena Showalter that you’re going to get the very best!

Hector Dean is a hard bodied, tattooed and sexy as sin AIR agent with a tortured past and a dangerous secret. When his emotions get hot so do his hands, becoming deadly weapons, turning anything they touch into ash. Afraid to harm those around him, Hector keeps to himself. That is until he meets the beautiful and rich Noelle Tremain, AIR agent in training. For some reason he can’t get her out of his head
Lisarenee
"You're clearly upset about something."
He did. He knew. But how did he know? "I'm not upset."
"Bullshit."
How dare he call her on her lie! "This is my best friend's most special day and I have never, ever been happier--"
"--more miserable."
"--than I am right now."
"I can't believe you ever fooled me," he said, all kinds of self-disgust in his tone. "You're a terrible liar."
How. Did. He. Know? Dallas hadn't. Ava suspected, but even she hadn't realized the depths of Noelle's misery.

Have you ev
Lynsey A
Man, I did not want this book to end. After the previous book I wasn't sure what to expect in this one. It was kind of relief not dealing with the evil Queen in this one.

I wasn't too sure of Noelle, as a heroine, but as usual, I never should have doubted Gena. She did a great job of making Noelle a heroine to be admired and respected. She was such a great and sassy character. I loved her! The engagement ring that Hector got for her was spot on and her response to it was quite laughable. I reall
PepperP0t
Color me surprised that I was completely engrossed in Hector Dean and Noelle Tremain's romance from AIR Boot Camp to impacting the alien slaver ring. I didn't expect to like it as well as I did given I wasn't overly impressed with the last installment. I also expected Ava & Noelle's stories to overlap and cover material already discussed from a different POV. But they completely didn't. I've never been so happy to have my expectations derailed. It was also good to see the projected personas ...more
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Hector Dean, bad ass of the AIR, has some BIG secrets he’s been keeping from his co-workers. He doesn’t keep them from his friends, well because he doesn’t have any. He has co-workers he’s friendly with, but other than that, un- unh. He’s been getting under Noelle Tremaine’s skin since he was her instructor at AIR boot camp. Noelle is used to being overlooked and thought to be not good enough. Doesn’t bother her at all……really. When she starts getting mixed signals, Noelle decides maybe Hector i ...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
This adds some insight into the visions Dallas had concerning Noelle and who she would sleep with. It also explains some of the attitude coming from Dallas. I can understand why this was deleted, Dallas was not the books hero. However, this scene sheds some light on what the visions could possibly mean and the repercussions that readers may see in the next book.

Merged review:

Gena Showalter is in the top five of my most favorite authors. I can’t pick one, so I have a top five. I’ve read the major
 ~V~
I think this has become my new favorite Alien Huntress book! I loved it!! Hector was SO yummilicious!!! Bad boy to the core! I really really liked the sexual tension and build up to Hector and Noelle's eventual hook up..made it all the better when they finally got there!...and i have to say..in the last book Ava and Noelle kind of annoyed me...their bantering was a little bit over the top but in this book they were HILARIOUS!! I loved when they were at camp in the beginning...they were so funny ...more
Ronda
I have to say, when I started this book I was utterly disappointed... I so wanted it to be Dallas and Noelle, not Hector, not boring, stiff Hector... and then I was confused... The last book finished and this one just didn't follow suit, it seemed to go back in time - because it had!!! Around 30% in my penny dropped and the book caught up with what was going on and boy oh boy did it flip me upside down...

I LOVE Dallas but Hector slowly grew on me... then I kind of fell for him somewhere along th
Jacqueline
How did I miss this series? Although I think I may have read Jaxon's book when it first came out and just didn't realize it was part of a series. That was before GRs so I wasn't as aware.

Anyhoo, I really enjoyed this book. I liked the world building although if you think about it too much it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Why do all these other types of aliens want to live on Earth? But I liked the love story enough not to think about that too much. It did't have any dopey futuristic gag tr
Keri
Knew Noelle and Hector's story was going to be special and for realz and it was! Loved it! I read on her website though that she currently isn't contracted for Dallas's book!!! boohoooo I want Dallas's HEA and so does he!
Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho)
Originally posted at The Book Nympho

icon AUDIOBOOK icon alpha icon snarky

First Thought

Dark Taste of Rapture left me wanting more of this world!

the romance

Noelle and Hector is a great couple. Both are strong and vulnerable. Noelle is cocky and keeps people at arm's length with her snark and dumb, rich girl act. But Hector sees right through it. The two can't stay away from each other at first until Hector shuts their attraction down by telling Noelle not to ever speak to him again.

Hector, like Noelle, keeps people from getti
Jan
First things first. It is entirely possible that my judgment and appreciation of this book is clouded by my adoration of the gorgeous cover. If I could I would make wallpaper of the cover-art, it's that delicious. I'm not rational about it, but I decided a while ago to just embrace my horniness and go with it. (In the same vein I used the original artwork of this for my computer background. If you embrace something, embrace it well.)

Anyway, I didn't want to jump in the end of a series (or near t
Jules
View my actual 4.5/5 review at One Book Shy of a Full Shelf

I just started reading Gena Showalter's books last fall. I quickly became addicted to her stories. One of my first reviews in this genre and of one of her tales was Ecstasy in Darkness ~ which I also bestowed a 4.5 JEWEL rating upon. She has become one of my favorite authors. I am making my way through her backlist and enjoying myself immensely.

The latest and greatest in the Alien Huntress series is the story of Noelle and Hector. Fans w
Nikki Brandyberry
If I were to say one word about Dark Taste Of Rapture it would be, LOVED. LOVED LOVED LOVED! This book was so awesomely awesome it simply knocked my socks clean off. I had not read a full length novel by Gena Showalter and now I’m wondering what the heck I was waiting for?

Dark Taste Of Rapture takes us to a world where humans know of alien existence. In fact they plainly walk around among humans. In true to human form, some are prejudiced against them and some embrace their differences. In this
Danielle
The Dark Taste of Rapture is the latest installment in Gena Showalter’s Alien Huntress Series and believe me she brings in this book with a BANG! Since I loved the last book so much I was really curious to see how Noelle’s story would play out. And to be honest I believe this is one of the best books in the series up to date.

Now the treat of this book is that it doesn’t pick up where Ecstasy in Darkness left off but starts before that book. So you get a good look into life before the hot McKell
Mel
I can understand why the scene was deleted as it wasn't necessary but it was really nice to finally get a little more insight into Dal's vision. This little scene was short but big on the laughs. I love that Dallas decided he should be known as Dallas the Magnificent and that he has what he feels is a "possibly-straddling-the-edge-of-gay guy-crush" on Devyn. I can't wait til Gena does a book for him.

Merged review:

I love Gena Showalter. I have yet to find anything of hers I wasn't impressed with
Crazy4more
4 stars but I really wanted to give it 5 bc I was so captivated.

Compare to the other books in this series and the bad guys weren't bad enough and the lack of AIR action, thus AIR humor, AIR camaraderie, etc. That said, this was one hopelessly romantic book!

This book is about Noelle & Hector. In Ava's book, we were exposed to what a great team, great friends and great love Ava & Noelle were to each other. Hiding behind the facade of spoiled-entitled-rich-ruthless-sexy agent, Noelle kept
Wminbc
Okay...why was this deleted???? I actually was a tad confused when Dallas let the bombshell drop..."the vision is a cautostrophic vision"...I was like really how could one outcome mean his salvation and the other mean his demise??? This would have been very helpful in the story, plus I loved Dallas' description of the flowers in the decorating...LOL

My Review:

Oh Noelle...I know how you feel girlie! I didn't get to spend the night with Hector l
Nícky
Adoro esta saga!!! Y la pareja Ava-Noelle es de lo mejorcito. Me he reído mucho con las salidas de esta niña rica, con sus frases, sus atuendos picantes, cuando se hacía la tonta y de tonta no tiene un pelo... con todo. Me ha gustado Hector y su necesidad de salvar a los inocentes, de su miedo por dañar a alguien, de su decisión de vivir en soledad para no quemar a nadie... La pareja perfecta, el anillo perfecto y el mejor final de todos, aunque he echado de menos un poco más de interacción Ava- ...more
Louisa
Loved this book, their romance, Ava and McKell's wedding/her potential transformation into a vampire, and how I've already read Corbin Blue's story, so I know why he was an asshole, though that doesn't excuse it! Loved this book, I hope that Dallas gets his story soon!

*First read June 25th 2012*
Great to read Noelle and Hector's story, though I wish that we could've explored where his arm heat came from, and exploring the reactions of her family, and the football player's reaction to their relati
Cindy
Buff, head shaved, tattooed Hector Dean was raised on the wrong side of town and learned to fight and kill down low and dirty, only to become an A.I.R. agent who also helps in the training of new recruits. New recruit Noelle Tremain was raised with a silver spoon by some of the wealthiest people in town. But it was never enough, she could do nothing that would cause her parents to "love" her. Along came wise mouth kick-ass little Ava, Noelle and Ava became the best friends that were so unlikely, ...more
Melanie
Ah Dallas, that poor f---er. Hope he gets his own book soon, that guy needs a happy ending.

Merged review:

Loved it! This and Ecstasy in Darkness are my favorite in the Alien Huntress series! I get such a kick out of Ava and Noelle - they are seriously whacked BFFs. And... Hector - very yummy and smokin' hot (wink wink). I'm hoping we're going to get Dallas' story sometime soon.... that guy really needs a HEA. Can't wait for the next one.
Katie(babs)
Fun read, although the romance was a bit lacking because the hero couldn't touch the heroine. This one felt more like filler for the series and didn't really move it forward.

Hector is an alpha, possessive hero who is a virgin. He has a bad case of frustration as Noelle drives him batty with lust.

I hope Dallas's book is next and his interaction with the alien queen, who I think will end up being his heroine.
Susan
Note: Even though this is Book 6, it works fine as a stand alone.

Our two heroes of the story, Noelle Tremain & Hector Dean, each have deep, dark secrets and these secrets keep them separated for much of the book. They first meet at AIR (an acronym for the organization that hunts down misbehaving aliens on Earth) boot camp – Noelle is a trainee not expected to graduate and Dean is a bald, badass instructor who gives her no quarter. While we get a little time at boot camp, the story then jumps
Dark Taste of Rapture 9 37 May 09, 2013 08:58PM
Gena Showalter Fans: Deleted Dallas Scene (Alien Huntress #6.1) 2 22 Nov 12, 2012 09:36AM
Gena Showalter Fans: Dark Taste of Rapture (Alien Huntress #6) 4 30 Sep 30, 2012 04:15PM
  • Deep Kiss Of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #4.5)
  • Lord of Rage (Royal House of Shadows, #2)
  • Seduce Me in Flames (Three Worlds #2)
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
  • Wings of Fire (Guardians of Ascension, #3)
  • Lord of the Wolfyn (Royal House of Shadows, #3)
  • Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10)
  • Nightshine (Kyndred, #4)
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • Taken by Fire (ACRO, #6)
  • Vampire in Atlantis (Warriors of Poseidon, #7)
  • Body of Sin (Otherkin, #4)
  • Demon Slave (Shadow Quest, #2)
  • Intentional Abduction (Alien Abduction, #2)
  • Bound by Darkness (Paladins of Darkness, #7)
  • Eternal Prey (Gods of the Night, #3)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter...

Alien Huntress (6 books)
  • Awaken Me Darkly (Alien Huntress, #1)
  • Enslave Me Sweetly (Alien Huntress, #2)
  • Savor Me Slowly (Alien Huntress, #3)
  • Seduce the Darkness (Alien Huntress, #4)
  • Ecstasy in Darkness (Alien Huntress, #5)
The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2) The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3) The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5)

“Dallas popped his jaw. “I do not cackle. I bitch like a he-man.” 28 likes
“Impossible. I merely brought the essentials. Clothes, my favorite boots, face cream, makeup, a few books to read, a couple cans of caviar, lingerie, and my coffeepot.
Plus a few other things a girl like me just can’t live without but can’t mention in mixed company because it would be indelicate. You know, because they’re sexual.”

- at “lingerie,” Hector and Dallas had stood a little straighter. At “sexual,” they’d moaned. Jaxon punched them both in the back of the head.”
13 likes