Start by marking “Bottoms Up (Come Again, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bottoms Up (Come Again, #1)

Bottoms Up (Come Again #1)

Love is the hardest limit.

"I'm an Aries. We don't submit."
"I'm a Leo. Wanna bet?"

Destiny Blake senses that her boredom with blond pretty boys is about to come to a flesh-tingling end. Since her first love left her for a more experienced Domme, she's honed her topping skills to a fine edge. Yet the idea of bottoming for the hard-bodied owner of her favorite BDSM club is
Published November 15th 2010 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Bottoms Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bottoms Up

Make Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairClub Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairLean on Me by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise Sinclair
GlitterKink BDSM
134 books — 131 voters
Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairMaster of the Mountain by Cherise Sinclair
BDSM Fiction
835 books — 1,269 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily May
Apr 20, 2011 Emily May rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: BDSM erotica fans
Shelves: erotica, romance, 2011

A really good BDSM erotica story, I just wished it could have been longer. The characters were well-formed and likeable, they could have easily carried out a full-length novel and their backstories were interesting. If anything, I just felt the story had so much unexplored potential and deserved at least another 100 pages.

It's quite a unique take on the D/s lifestyle and challenges issues about labels, sexuality and love. I found myself caught up in the whirlwind of sexcapades and erotic romance
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This book did nothing for me. Well, I lied. The way the business was run was interesting and is helping me with my business plan to open a BDSM club for my MBA class project. The characters themselves didn't do it for me at all. The scenes were glossed over and stunted. The resolution was too quick.

I didn't enjoy the story line. The character development was weak and not believable. I felt no emotional connection with any of the characters nor did I really care about them. The author could have
Mistress   ~ ♠ Mistral's Kiss ♠ ~ (Mist)
A female Dom experiencing ennui with the scene that night, accepts the offer..dare..challenge to bottom the Magnetic Bar owner. The resulting scene is intense and sexy as hell and throws both of them for a loop. The result was a really great story.

I deducted one star because the issues Johnny had for some time seemed like the sort where therapy instead of BDSM would've worked wonders lol. And during a period of separation Destiny claims to make serious personal discoveries, that we're told not s
Kym
Not my thing. In the beginning, i saw this as a storyline similar to Ice Queen.

Im not sure how to even write a review on this. All i can say it that I didn't hate it. There were a few parts that made me laugh. This story had the potential to be emotionally taxing. It just fell short of the expectations i had.
Jess
Oct 07, 2013 Jess rated it it was amazing
WOW! Lots of interesting twists in this book. I thought it had an excellent ending and even made me cry at some parts.
Lorena
Aug 08, 2015 Lorena rated it liked it
Shelves: contemp-romance, 2015
An enjoyable, although a short, read. It takes on a bit of a different take on the BDSM theme than other books out there. Destiny is a Domme and agrees to sub for Johnny, the club owner, for a night. She is shocked when she discovers how much she actually enjoys to bottom for him and learns a lot about herself in the process.

Like I said, the book is fairly short, the characters both have their own background stories, which could have been delved into much deeper, had this been a full length book
Katherine
Bottoms Up was a bit of disappointment.

The plot wasn't strong enough, (even more in such limited pages) and the characters had their roll-eyes moments (lots of them).

Sometimes Erotica and Love should NOT be mixed AT ALL. I would have liked more if there were NO love in the picture. Sorry to say, but I don't believe in "I love you" statements between people with one week relationships.

I think Johnny was a weak Dom, and the reason why he was a dominant was laughable. To dominate other, you need
Liz Blue
Jul 11, 2011 Liz Blue rated it it was amazing
This was very good for an erotic romance novella. (I often think there's too much trying to go on in an erotic romance for them to work unless they're pretty long. Sex can create a strong emotional connection, but for a HEA to be even slightly believable the couple has to talk, too--and talk beyond "Uh huh yeah right there baby you're so hot" etc.) Baker did a nice job of establishing character and backstory; the male protagonist makes some serious errors, but then there's some serious ...more
Karen111
Aug 10, 2016 Karen111 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm
I liked this a lot! It was about a Domme called Destiny who ends up switching for Dom/club owner Johnny.

It was well written, to the point, and as it's a short read, it didn't drag on. I enjoyed the chemistry between the two characters. The reason I docked it a star was because Johnny should've come to Destiny after their falling out.

This series has a different kink per book, so I'm looking forward to getting stuck in!
Ana Gauterio
Feb 09, 2014 Ana Gauterio rated it really liked it
Now, this book was smokin hot!! I am not really well acquainted with BDSM, but I believe this one was the closest to the real thing. If you are into BDSM books then forget Fifty Shades or Bared to You because Bottoms Up is the real thing! It rocks!! It is a shame that Miranda Baker did ti so short, it definitely could have more pages. The characters were strong and the love story believable. I hope to find more great books from Miranda Baker!
Frances McNeal
Feb 15, 2011 Frances McNeal rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
I kind of liked this book. I wish there were 3.5 stars vs just 3. I thought the switch was interesting, I like the two main characters. The story seems to speed by like there could have been more details, more interaction. But I have to give Johnny props for what he did in the end, it takes a big man to do that. I'd love to know more about the character Matt now too.
Maria Dimitrova
Nov 12, 2015 Maria Dimitrova rated it liked it
Good sex scenes not much of a plot. I actually expected more. Too rushed to feel like a complete story.
Wenj
Feb 09, 2011 Wenj rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011
Review provided by Black Lagoon Reviews:

Bottoms Up by Miranda Baker is not your average BDSM novel and I have to say that I loved the unique feistiness of it! In fact, it had a little bit of everything: a well developed story, wonderful characters that I really enjoyed, great romance and lots of hot sex. And did I mention that it was a marvelously written?

In fact, it was this high level of writing that instantly drew me in. Baker creates a world that is marvelously urban and gritty yet highly ac
Janira
Sep 20, 2015 Janira rated it did not like it
Shelves: bdsm
The summary of this book: dominant wants to try being sub. She doesn't want to admit it, but she likes it. Past issues of the male character. They're in love. End. I'm very impress with such a good story (sense my sarcasm, please). I have never read a book this plain and I don't get how it has so many 5 stars either.

I'm sorry but I'm not and will never be fond of stories when the mc fall in love with each other in a week of even less. I know it is a short story, but there's no development, there
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Jul 01, 2015 I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) rated it really liked it
Recommended to I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) by: Beth
I thought this was a great book! It was a little different from the typical story line. The heroine, Destiny is a Domme who just plays in the scene without a regular sub since her previous one ditched her for a more experienced master. Since being left, she has perfected her skills and has a reputation for being a strict Domme and for rough play. So, she doesn't understand when her body treacherously reacts to notorious Dom and BDSM club owner, Johhny when he asks to top her... Huh? No, no, ...more
Shari
Jul 06, 2011 Shari rated it really liked it
Destiny is bored. Being a good Domme is wonderful, but she is doing it for all the wrong reasons. Johnny's been watching Destiny. After all he owns the bar and club, but that's not why he watches her. He is drawn to her, but he is a Dom with a haunting past. Johnny offers Destiny a deal, switch and be his sub. Destiny decides to give it a try and to her bewilderment she thrives as Johnny's sub.

There are a lot of twists and turns to this book, but I found myself drawn to Johnny's character. He di
Angel
Nov 10, 2014 Angel rated it it was amazing
That was the best erotica ( maybe even romantic ) story I've read. Finally someone got the whole heroine being all strong & independent while submitting right. She didn't just crack & give up to him once he apologized at the end, she waited for a good apology & she didn't just back off & get all cheesy once he told her about Lisa. she stood for herself cause she doesn't deserve to be mistreated for someone else's mistakes. & The erotic scenes were pretty Hot!. I'm in love ...more
Aimee
Mar 23, 2011 Aimee rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
I liked this one for the most part, there was only one part that I didn't really like. I really liked how we got to see the growth and change in Destiny as she chose to submit for the first time. Seeing her grow from being hung up on her ex to daring to let go and finally get what she wants was great to read.

The storyline was a bit different and I liked how it showed where Damian was in his head. I didn't always like it how he reacted to Destiny with his past in mind, but I'm glad that we got to
Thenia
Apr 20, 2012 Thenia rated it liked it
After reading the review I got curious so I decided to check this one out. I'm not really into BDSM but I am into learning about new things and the story sounded intriguing.

How could a Domme deal with someone more Dom than herself? In that score I'm a little disappointed with the way things turned out (view spoiler)
Cid Tyer
May 30, 2011 Cid Tyer rated it really liked it
There were a lot of things I liked about this book. The non-vanilla characters, the story line. They steam things up in a down and dirty way. What surprised me was the menage bits. I don't like menage, and I almost put the book down at the point that another man was introduced into the mix but I decided to read on because I wanted to know what happened. I don't think I'll be reading menage after this, but the author stated it plainly in the story - the other person might as well have been a ...more
Shelly LeCompt
Feb 16, 2013 Shelly LeCompt rated it liked it
This is somewhere between 3-3.5 stars for me. Not a bad read but not incredible. A little predictable of a read but still a good story. Hot in parts and irritating in other parts. Maybe a little too quick of a story. Lacked the real build of the story. However, okay entertainment for when there is nothing else to read.
Katherine O'Grady
Aug 27, 2012 Katherine O'Grady rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
The cover is not up to usual Samhain standards. I wonder why?

A good, solid read. Domme becomes sub for the right Dom, discovers it is what she needed all along. They have issues, work them out, the end. Liked the details of Destiny's character, not your usual pretty girl who likes to wear leather.

Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
This was a pretty good short read (about 86 pages).

I had a little bit of a hard time getting into this one. The scenes weren't as hot to me. I felt like they just jumped right in and there wasn't much build up. I didn't really understand the character motivations until the end when we got their backstories. They everything made more sense and fell into place a bit better for me.
Mackenzie Lucas
Jan 25, 2014 Mackenzie Lucas rated it it was amazing
A Sub I could finally understand! I loved Bottoms Up. Fiesty heroine Destiny is a dominant in her own right, but when bad-boy club owner and Master Dom Johnny comes along all bets are off on who will bottom! After reading this book, I went and bought all of Miranda Baker's other books. Nicely done erotic romance.
Steph
For these two, the question, "Top or Bottom?" isn't so easily answered. They both have their reasons for Dominating, but Destiny can't say no to Johnny when he asks her to submit to him. Why not? She's bored. He's hot. Through their playtime they find a way passed their past relationships and start to explore one together. (Rating: 3.5★)
K.J. Reed
Dec 05, 2011 K.J. Reed rated it really liked it
My first Miranda Baker, and I truly had a good time stepping into the world she created within Johnn's Downtown, the BDSM club. I've not read a story with a Domme before, but it was interesting how she managed to keep Destiny strong while still managing to submit. The feelings and emotions were real and true, and kept me engaged through the whole thing. A good D/s read.
Madhellena
Sep 06, 2014 Madhellena rated it it was amazing
I won't rehash the storyline because it would be spoilerish, but this is one of my favourite kinky books ever.
I dislike weak/meek submissives and the heroine here isn't one for sure. I loved the sex scenes (even if I am not normally a fan of menages but here it worked) and I also loved the conflicts, they made sense.
I would love to find more books like this one, they are a pleasure to read.
Toni (U.A.C.)
Destiny decides to play sub to the club owner Johnny. Johnny says his only in it for some fun but Destiny reminds himself too much of his past and doesn't know how to handle the situation as it escalates.

MMM, this book was very good. :) Really really yummy.
Kathy
Apr 19, 2015 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Great story couldn't put it down

This was one of the best x rated stores I have every read. I wish there could of been another one. Like his best friend finding love also. I will read this again with both their personalities so strong it was very interesting to read.
Lorien Lyn
A HOT book that is sure to keep the pages turning. The heat between the characters sizzles off the pages. The sex was steamy and plentiful. I love the fact that you get a Dominate hero and heroine accepting their own desires and coming to terms with each other. This was a fun, sexy read. :)
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers #2)
  • Roped In (Bondage Ranch, #1)
  • Butterfly Unpinned
  • Bottoms Up (Purgatory Club #5)
  • Tamed
  • Sacred Secrets (Chronicles of Surrender, #1)
  • His Sub's Submissive (Club Esoteria, #1)
  • Sweet Silence (Tygers, #3)
  • Carrie's Answer (Worthington Group, #1)
  • Accidental Slave
  • Monica's Secret (Erogenous Zones, #1)
  • My One
  • No One But Madison
  • Jane and the Sneaky Dom
  • Deep in the Woods (Fortune, #1)
  • Three to Tango

Come Again (4 books)
  • SoloPlay (Come Again, #2)
  • Hook Up (Come Again, #3)
  • Girl Trouble (Come Again, #4)