Start by marking “Unspeakable Words” as Want to Read:
Unspeakable Words

Unspeakable Words (The Sixth Sense #1)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  840 ratings  ·  141 reviews
Special Agent John Flynn is everything Jerry Parker is not: dangerously handsome, coolly charismatic, and respected by his peers. Special Agent Parker is dedicated and meticulous, but his abrasive personality has given him a reputation for being difficult. When new information on a cold case appears, Parker is assigned to work with Flynn, and the sparks fly as their invest ...more
Published November 17th 2010 by Dreamspinner Press (first published November 16th 2010)

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
This book was unbelievably cute. I finished it in one sitting when I haven't been able to finish anything else for months.

Jerry is a socially awkward FBI agent. He's respected for his encyclopedic mind and his ability to sniff out information. The thing is that nobody likes working with him in the field because he's a bit of an uppity know-it-all. As a result Jerry never gets to be the superstar who makes the arrest. Bummer, right? Jerry thinks so.

John Flynn is the anti-Jerry. He's cool, slick,

This book was a pleasant surprise...

The paranormal element was fun.
The MC's were a nice opposites-attract mix.
The mystery kept me guessing.

But beware: this is a true GFY story and ALL the smexy happens off page and is only lightly referred to.

This book will not change your world. In fact, I read this 2 weeks ago and 1) forgot I hadn't even written a review and 2) had trouble remembering the story.

BUT, it's entertaining-enough while you're reading it (from what I recall) and I works as a good in
Kaje Harper
4.5 stars. I really enjoyed this book, and only docked the half-star for the author violating one of the unwritten rules of M/M romance. Usually I'm all about throwing rules away, as long as the story is well written, which this was. But in this case I vote with the majority. (view spoiler) ...more
It needs to be said right out that this book needs a sequel.

(view spoiler)

This was such a different read. The PNR elements were so different but (view spoiler)

Flynn comes to come to San Francisco to do extra work on a se
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
I really enjoyed this story. Flynn (straight) and Jerry (gay) are special agents paired together to catch a serial killer. These guys are great together. I loved their easy-going banter, both before and after Flynn's telepathic issues come into play, as well as before and after they took things to the next level. I loved how they worked together to deal with and gain control of the powers and how they used them to help with the case. There is a slow build up for these guys - they dont even kiss ...more
Rosa, really

To all the readers out there who decided to wait until the second book in this series (Walk a Mile) was published before starting this one:

Seriously, people who make intelligent decisions just piss me off.

Like a fool, I just said la-la-la to all the reviews that said:
This book needs a sequel.
When will there be a sequel?
Like, seriously, dude. SEQUEL IS NEEDED.
I think that last one was me after I read it the first time.

It's not that it ends on a cliffhanger--nothing that dramatic. But there are at
Funny and touching story.I love men who love cats!
I was tempted to give it 5 stars,but the mystery is a bit weak.Many questions were unanswered in this book which is definitely the start of a series - or a sequel at least.And the relationship between the two MC`s just has begun....
I really liked the slow build up - no too tight pants and sparking handshakes on the first pages....

It must be a pain in the ass to write a story with a mind-reading character.Not easy to avoid "thinking-mistakes" espe
3.5 stars. Rounded up for Goodreads.

This is one of those instances where the overall impression a book leaves behind is greater than the sum of its individual components. Unspeakable Words is a good book, but a far from perfect one. Too many important aspects of the story are left unexplained, a few of the scenes are confusing or oddly structured, and one important aspect of the plot is hastily and clumsily resolved in a couple paragraphs of exposition near the end of the book. But in spite of t
Mandy*reads obsessively*
I really liked this story, there was a lot going for it, but really, it ended like that?
So not fair Ms Madison! I really hope you are working on a sequel right this minute! LOL

(view spoiler)

A nice easy read that I finished in one sitting! :)
Jan 16, 2015 Gigi marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me  ·  review of another edition
With so many FANTASTIC books out there ready to be read, I am taking this piece from Susan's review

...this is a true GFY story and ALL the smexy happens off page and is only lightly referred to.

and passing on this one.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I really liked it, would have probably loved it if it was longer and if the two main characters would have gotten together sooner. Nothing is shown of their relationship really of how that would work out. With GFY i guess i expect more of a story after they get together.

Hope there is a sequel
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This was a very amusing, short story. I enjoyed it very much and I'll definitely be reading it again.

Jerry Parker is a hard guy to get along with. He's basically a genius dedicated to his job but is so anal he's hard to work with. He's bitter because he's the 'go to' man when people need help but he's always taken off cases before he can finish one. John Flynn is the opposite. He's an adrenaline junkie with an almost perfect case record. He gets the case and he finds the criminal. When they're p
Lori K
Very funny. I want more of these 2.
Wow. Sometimes you pick up a book not expecting a whole hell of a lot, and you get rather surprised by how much you love the story. That is what happened to me here. I honestly don't remember what prompted me to add this book to my TBR, but I sure am hella glad that I did. I love the paranormal aspects, and the characters were great. And I am very much looking forward to reading book two in the series.

The mystery could have been a little better structured, but overall a great read.

I liked this book. A lot. I only wish some things were made clear. What I mean is that I would like to find out more about the artifact and see the Grimm Fairy Tale case resolved.

Well, the ending has a great opening for a sequel, so maybe we will see the Special Agents again. I sure hope so.

I loved Jerry and John. Loved the humour and the soundproof booth (those who already read the book know what I mean LOL).

All in all, that was a very enjoyable read.
Excellent paranormal m/m romantic suspense about a very precise San Francisco-based FBI agent who's been shuffled around a lot because he's not easy to deal with. He gets assigned a temporary partner from Quantico because of a new lead in an old case. When his temporary partner ends up sleeping on his couch, his orderly world is disrupted and things start to get interesting. I'm definitely hoping for more books about these two!!
I simply adored this book. The main characters, the plot, the dialogue and chemistry...just loved it all.

I'm hoping the author makes this a series because there is just so much more to tell!

ETA - reread October 2014. Still loved the book and so happy the author finally published the next!
⊱ Irena ⊰
You have one underappreciated FBI agent forced to help another who is his opposite. Jerry's people skills are bad at best. Flynn can charm anyone.
They end up together a lot longer than they expected. Add an inconvenient powers Flynn gets from a strange artefact and Jerry has more problems than his attraction to a very beautiful straight guy.
There are so many things that aren't resolved that I can't help but wonder if there is a sequel planned. All we know about the artefact is where it came from
Why I bought the book: It had a lot of good reviews.

Plot: FBI agent Jerry is used to being passed around between departments. His brilliant mind is offset by his lack of people skills and so he isn't too surprised when he gets placed on a murder cold-case. There's some possible new evidence in this serial killer murder case and so Jerry gets paired with John, who is handsome, charming and straight. They clash heads for a while, especially because John ends up staying with Jerry, until an acciden
Christy Loves 2 Read
I've always been fascinated by the FBI's profiling department, and, in particular, serial killer cases. I suppose the part that interests me is trying to figure out why they do it versus how. Of course, the more I've studied, the more I've realized that sometimes there is no answer to the why. Since I had been spectacularly impressed with Sarah Madison's work before, I was ready to jump right into this adventure.

Special Agent Jerry Parker is detail-oriented, a loner, an excellent researcher, a l
O_o check out the cover dude's deformed arm...

*sigh. How sad. The single arm he DOES have is deformed...

Post-Read EtA:
Godawful cover. Just godawful.

Aside from the cover, it was actually quite good. The paranormal element was really quite random and, in my opinion, not quite fully capitalized on.
(view spoiler)
Surprisingly enjoyable. 3.5 stars!

I can't imagine liking a paranormal book that is a little along the lines of Dr. Doolittle (author's words!), but it was really, really fun. And pretty cute. The romance, that is. The actual mystery... very back burner.

I've never read anything by Sara Madison, but I must say I really like her writing. Something about it is engaging.

Would recommend for a fast, easy little read.
A sequel to this part was released a couple of days ago, and of course I had to re-read this book first. And I done it, easily. The storyline wasn't extremely developed or long, but was enjoyable enough. I hope the second book goes deeper into a case or two. We will see!!! This time around I will rate the story with 4 stars. Flynn wasn't my favorite character, that's for sure, but Jerry, now him I liked!

2010/November/22 5 star rating
Damn this one was really great story. I loved every minute of
The story wasn't concentrated on the police work entirely, a big portion of it was devoted to accepting and embracing life changes, not simply coping with them. Loved that.

Half a star off for the dirty (not in a good way at all) bj at the end of the book *shrug and shrug again*, and for the ugly cover. Someone, please help Flynn to carry that cross around his neck, and as for Jerry's arm - is there a doctor in the house? The man needs help!

...and what is it with the frying pans on the covers lat
Re-read 8/11/13: I still love this story, but this time I'm even more struck by how unfinished it is. The author's website mentions that a sequel is in the works. WANT.

This is the best thing I've read in a while. It's well written and funny, and the paranormal element is incredibly interesting and well done. (I love stories about mind reading. There's an intimacy to it that is just delicious.) There are still a lot of loose threads, though, and the relationship between Flynn and Jerry
4.5 starsaftertaste: smiling pleasure
I want more.
There's some undeniably cute moments between Jerry and John, especially after John got his mind reading abilities. It's just that at the start of the book, Jerry and John who is straight seem to have very little real interest in each other. Then boom, John gets this strange mind reading ability and because he's able to hear Jerry's thoughts he suddenly becomes bi-curious. This made it seem like John would never have been interested without his new abilities so that takes away from the romance.

Jerry is an outstanding FBI officer at what he does, however he's also rather a social misfit and has been pulled off a case to pair up with an incoming agent Flynn, who is obsessed with a serial murder case he worked on in town a while ago. Flynn ends up staying at Jerry's and Flynn is everything Jerry isn't. Smooth, smart, on the way to the top, athletic and straight. However after a day or so of rubbing each other the wrong way they start to work well together, until Flynn touches something t ...more
Grammy 1
I cannot shout it loud enough...I LOVE Sarah Madison!!!! What a find. After reading Boys of Summer recently (a read everyone should check out this year) I found Crying for The Moon and loved it as well. Now I have finished Unspeakable Words and like The Boys of Summer it has an element of ‘other worldliness’. This is to say, it is not a typical Paranormal Story, and yet it could be. I will explain.
Special Agent Jerry Parker is in the FBI. He is gay and that doesn’t always fit in with the good ol
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • A Reason To Believe
  • Pressure Head (The Plumber's Mate #1)
  • Dead Run (Dangerous Ground, #4)
  • The Long Way Home
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Hide Out (Private Dicks, #2)
  • Private Eye (Liaisons #1)
  • GhosTV (PsyCop, #6)
  • Big Cypress Crossroads
  • Deadly Nightshade (Deadly Mystery, #1)
  • The Slayer's Apprentice
  • The Hanged Man's Ghost (The Night Wars, #1)
  • Dead in the Desert (L.A. Paranormal, #3)
  • The Usual Apocalypse (The Society #2)
  • Spin Out (Deputy Joe, #2)
  • The Morning Star (Shadow of the Templar, #1)
  • Urban Shaman

Sarah Madison has a large dog, and an even bigger horse, too many cats, and a very patient boyfriend. She enjoys photography, hiking with her German Shepherd, and competing her horse in the sport of combined training and eventing. Writing has become a passion that sometimes
More about Sarah Madison...

The Sixth Sense (3 books)
  • Walk a Mile (The Sixth Sense #2)
  • Truth and Consequences (The Sixth Sense, #3)
Crying For The Moon Raincheck Surf's Up Walk a Mile (The Sixth Sense #2) The Boys of Summer

“You know,” Flynn said, pausing to look over the brim of the glasses at him, “when you start shouting „soundproof booth!‟ I can pretty much tell you‟re thinking about me.”
“As long as the „what‟ remains a mystery, I‟ll die a happy man,” Jerry said.”