Start by marking “Extreme Hardboiled Sci-fi from 1950s & 1960s” as Want to Read:
Extreme Hardboiled Sci-fi from 1950s & 1960s

Extreme Hardboiled Sci-fi from 1950s & 1960s

It’s always exciting when I discover a new batch of classic, hardboiled sci-fi shorts and novellas from the golden age of the genre.
I titled this 220-page compilation as “Extreme Hardboiled” because that’s exactly what it is. There is no time for niceties, fluff or sentimentality in these masterpieces from an era when blood and guts, good detectives and nasty space monste
Nook, 0 pages
Published October 18th 2010 by Publisher of One (first published April 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Extreme Hardboiled Sci-fi from 1950s & 1960s, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Extreme Hardboiled Sci-fi from 1950s & 1960s

Benjamin Chandler
Oct 20, 2014 Benjamin Chandler rated it it was ok
Having a title like "Extreme Hardboiled Sci-fi from 1950s & 1960s," I expected this book to be a little more hardboiled. I was hoping for detectives and toughs, femme fatales and crime, but there really isn't very much of that here. I'd argue only a couple of the stories here could be classified as hardboiled, and the rest are just run-of-the mill scifi tales with monster cliches, homesick aliens, and terraforming bombs.

The final story, by David E. Fisher, "You Don't Make Wine Like the Gree
Raymond Spitzer
Jul 13, 2011 Raymond Spitzer rated it liked it
They were stories I have never read before. They caught my attention and I thoroughly enjoyed the book.
E.
E. rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2015
Laurie M McLain
Laurie M McLain rated it it was ok
Nov 06, 2016
Ronald Diegmann
Ronald Diegmann rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2016
Pat Turner
Pat Turner rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2013
Okdavy
Okdavy rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2013
Patrick O'keeffe
Patrick O'keeffe rated it did not like it
Jan 02, 2015
Ted & Jackie Allen
Ted & Jackie Allen rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2015
David Hoff
David Hoff rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2011
William  Knight
William Knight rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2014
Bill Young
Bill Young rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2014
John Armstrong
John Armstrong marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2012
George Schmoe
George Schmoe marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Bill Matthews
Bill Matthews marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
John Adkins
John Adkins marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Horace Leonard Gold (April 26, 1914, Montreal, Quebec, Canada - February 21, 1996, Laguna Hills, California, U.S.A.) was a science fiction writer and editor. Born in Canada, Gold moved to the United States at the age of two. He was most noted for bringing an innovative and fresh approach to science fiction while he was the editor of Galaxy Science Fiction, and also wrote briefly for DC Comics.
More about H.L. Gold...