Start by marking “Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden, Vol. 03” as Want to Read:
Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden, Vol. 03

Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden, Vol. 03 (Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden #3)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  802 ratings  ·  17 reviews
When schoolgirl Takiko Okuda attempts to destroy her father's translation of "The Universe of the Four Gods", she is instead literally sucked into the story, becoming the Priestess of Genbu in an epic journey to find the seven Celestial Warriors!

Takiko has found three Celestial Warriors, but four remain hidden. While she and her friends journey to the Oracle Anlu, who may
Published March 7th 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Fushigi Yûgi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fushigi Yûgi

Maria
I started this series forever ago. I think it was like in 2003. I never knew what it's about & just picked it up at my library. I was not even old enough for the rating that they gave it, but I was intrigued. I believe they only had up to volume 5 so I just stopped reading it. Somehow (thankfully) I was reminded if this story and so I began re-reading it online and oh my gods I feel in love. It's great Takiko is such a great priestess and I love her connection with all the Celestial Warriors ...more
Shweta
Read this two nights eager to read more!
So limdo is proving to be a good guy and not the bad guy and he does everything for takiko.
I swear the way the author has drawn is just pretty and i like it because she doesn't leave any empty spaces but fills it up and doesn't waste and i like her notes.
Princess
Lady Anlu (the Oracle) is sooo freaking adorable X3 However, this volume made me sad. Not gonna give spoilers though. Those who have read it will know why. Also, Hagus needs to go die in a freaking hole. -______-
Kathy
Feb 18, 2010 Kathy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: shojo
At Turning Point Rockfield, they go to consult the oracle Anlu. There they are attacked and find and are saved by the rock Warrior Noname, who can form into different rock shapes or be himself as a small animated rock figure. Noname can't talk. Anlu tries to misinform assassins following them, and an oracle can not lie, so she is killed. She has given Takiko her amulet which lights up as it gets nearer to Celestial Warriors so she can find the rest of them. She prophesized that they would find t ...more
Raymond Regalado
So Far out of the three, This book is my favorite. I love the action in this book. Takiko and the three Celestial Warriors are go on a journey to the Oracle Anlu who the power to find the other remaining Celestial Warriors which was a challenge since she is protected but a Celestial Warrior named Namame which as the power to summon the Earth or rock. I love the story of Namame which he closed himself from everyone else because everybody thought he was a beast until he met Anlu who befriended him ...more
Lawrence Carstairs
This Volume is a really good one. So heartbreaking.
Nisha
Another Warrior is found and lots more trouble. I absolutely love the heroine, Takiko. She is easier to relate to and easier to like. Uruki (Limdo) is becoming increasing hotter. Switching genders so nifty.

In FYGB, I feel like there's a lot of bad things going to happen, really unpredictable things, compared to FY, and I am both excited and nervous about reading them, but I will still continue to the next book.
Lucia
Still AWESOME! I just order volumes 4-11 from Amazon! Apparently 12 will be the end of the story, which if you read or watched Fushigi Yugi, you know how it ends, and it is NOT good. I don't want to dwell on the impending tragic ending right now though, these books are just too good!
Lindsay
I'm officially addicted to this series. If you liked the original Fushigi Yugi, this is just another piece of the bigger picture - and it's good.
Jessica
new friends alot of things happen. and then boom!

and hot guy is now a girl...

talk about hot flashes! :p
Nawal Al Hosani Scorpion DOADA
Better than expected but could use a little imporvment here and there.............
Julie
Again, rather predictable, but still enjoyable.
Hebada
Jul 18, 2007 Hebada rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who like action and comedy and manga
I LUUV THIS SERIES. I wish I owned it TT-TT.
Dana
Ashley
Ashley added it
Nov 16, 2014
Kyla Aubrey
Kyla Aubrey marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly is currently reading it
Nov 14, 2014
  • From Far Away, Vol. 2
  • Red River, Vol. 4 (Red River, #4)
A Japanse shoujo manga-ka. She is known for her works Fushigi Yūgi, Alice 19th, Ceres: The Celestial Legend, Fushigi Yūgi Genbu Kaiden and Absolute Boyfriend. She likes all music, except heavy metal and old traditional music.

She received the Shogakukan Manga Award for shōjo for Ceres, Celestial Legend in 1997. Since writing her debut short story "Pajama de Ojama" ("An Intrusion in Pajamas"), Wata
More about Yuu Watase...
Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 01 Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 01: Priestess Alice 19th, Vol. 1 (Alice 19th, #1) Ceres, Celestial Legend: Aya (Ceres, Celestial Legend #1) Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden, Vol. 01