Start by marking “Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden, Vol. 03” as Want to Read:
Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden, Vol. 03

Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden, Vol. 03 (Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden #3)

4.27  ·  Rating Details ·  1,073 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
When schoolgirl Takiko Okuda attempts to destroy her father's translation of "The Universe of the Four Gods", she is instead literally sucked into the story, becoming the Priestess of Genbu in an epic journey to find the seven Celestial Warriors!

Takiko has found three Celestial Warriors, but four remain hidden. While she and her friends journey to the Oracle Anlu, who may
Published March 7th 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Fushigi Yûgi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fushigi Yûgi

Leila Anani
Takiko goes to an oracle to help her locate the rest of the celestial seven - The entire temple are massacred by her enemies although she does manage to find one more of the warriors - rock monster Namame.

Love this series - story, art, emotion - it has it all. The characters are great and suitably different from the original FY cast.
Maria
Mar 09, 2013 Maria rated it it was amazing
I started this series forever ago. I think it was like in 2003. I never knew what it's about & just picked it up at my library. I was not even old enough for the rating that they gave it, but I was intrigued. I believe they only had up to volume 5 so I just stopped reading it. Somehow (thankfully) I was reminded if this story and so I began re-reading it online and oh my gods I feel in love. It's great Takiko is such a great priestess and I love her connection with all the Celestial Warriors ...more
Raymond Regalado
Jan 28, 2013 Raymond Regalado rated it it was amazing
So Far out of the three, This book is my favorite. I love the action in this book. Takiko and the three Celestial Warriors are go on a journey to the Oracle Anlu who the power to find the other remaining Celestial Warriors which was a challenge since she is protected but a Celestial Warrior named Namame which as the power to summon the Earth or rock. I love the story of Namame which he closed himself from everyone else because everybody thought he was a beast until he met Anlu who befriended him ...more
Kathy
Feb 18, 2010 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shojo
At Turning Point Rockfield, they go to consult the oracle Anlu. There they are attacked and find and are saved by the rock Warrior Noname, who can form into different rock shapes or be himself as a small animated rock figure. Noname can't talk. Anlu tries to misinform assassins following them, and an oracle can not lie, so she is killed. She has given Takiko her amulet which lights up as it gets nearer to Celestial Warriors so she can find the rest of them. She prophesized that they would find t ...more
Yume Yoru
Seguimos con la búsqueda de estrellas de Genbu. El país es más grande de los que creían en un principio así que buscan la ayuda de las sacerdotisas videntes para que les ayuden. Así, casi sin creérselo se encuentran con Namame, custodiado por la sacerdotisa Anruu. Esta estrella es una de las más curiosas de toda la saga y sin duda una de mis preferidas. Puede que sea de roca, pero es extremadamente adorable y achuchable. Qué pena que en su vida lo haya pasado tan mal, aunque... ¿será uno de los ...more
Nisha
Another Warrior is found and lots more trouble. I absolutely love the heroine, Takiko. She is easier to relate to and easier to like. Uruki (Limdo) is becoming increasing hotter. Switching genders so nifty.

In FYGB, I feel like there's a lot of bad things going to happen, really unpredictable things, compared to FY, and I am both excited and nervous about reading them, but I will still continue to the next book.
Lucia
May 31, 2013 Lucia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
Still AWESOME! I just order volumes 4-11 from Amazon! Apparently 12 will be the end of the story, which if you read or watched Fushigi Yugi, you know how it ends, and it is NOT good. I don't want to dwell on the impending tragic ending right now though, these books are just too good!
Shweta
Jul 08, 2014 Shweta rated it it was amazing
Read this two nights eager to read more!
So limdo is proving to be a good guy and not the bad guy and he does everything for takiko.
I swear the way the author has drawn is just pretty and i like it because she doesn't leave any empty spaces but fills it up and doesn't waste and i like her notes.
Princess
Jul 18, 2014 Princess rated it it was amazing
Lady Anlu (the Oracle) is sooo freaking adorable X3 However, this volume made me sad. Not gonna give spoilers though. Those who have read it will know why. Also, Hagus needs to go die in a freaking hole. -______-
Pearl Angeli
Jun 01, 2015 Pearl Angeli rated it it was amazing
I've read this in 2010 because I simply could not move on with the Fushigi Yugi: The Mysterious Play. I really had fun. So nostalgic!!!
Lindsay
Dec 21, 2010 Lindsay rated it it was amazing
I'm officially addicted to this series. If you liked the original Fushigi Yugi, this is just another piece of the bigger picture - and it's good.
Jessica
Jun 16, 2009 Jessica rated it it was amazing
new friends alot of things happen. and then boom!

and hot guy is now a girl...

talk about hot flashes! :p
Kenesha
Kenesha rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2009
Rabia
Rabia rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2013
Gina
Gina rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2012
Di
Di rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2009
Kristina
Kristina rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Kendra Carlson
Kendra Carlson rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2011
Syd
Syd rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2012
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Marion
Marion rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
May 09, 2011
Kari
Kari rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Janis Avalos
Janis Avalos rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2011
Kristina
Kristina rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2012
Rocio Garcia
Rocio Garcia rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2009
Kristin
Kristin rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2011
May
May rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2014
Robin Kapica
Robin Kapica rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2013
Stewart Tame
Stewart Tame rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2014
  • From Far Away, Vol. 06
  • Red River, Vol. 22 (Red River, #22)
A Japanse shoujo manga-ka. She is known for her works Fushigi Yūgi, Alice 19th, Ceres: The Celestial Legend, Fushigi Yūgi Genbu Kaiden and Absolute Boyfriend. She likes all music, except heavy metal and old traditional music.

She received the Shogakukan Manga Award for shōjo for Ceres, Celestial Legend in 1997. Since writing her debut short story "Pajama de Ojama" ("An Intrusion in Pajamas"), Wata
More about Yuu Watase...

Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden, Vol. 01