Start by marking “Camel in Action” as Want to Read:
Camel in Action

Camel in Action

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Apache Camel is a Java framework that lets you implement the standard enterprise integration patterns in a few lines of code. With a concise but sophisticated DSL you snap integration logic into your app, Lego-style, using Java, XML, or Scala. Camel supports over 80 common transports such as HTTP, REST, JMS, and Web Services.

Camel in Action is a Camel tutorial full of smal
Published January 4th 2011 by Manning Publications (first published November 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Camel in Action, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Camel in Action

Sebastian Gebski
One stop shop for Camel developers. Deep, comprehensive, full of details & examples to make sure these are clear and understandable. I didn't have any prior Camel experience and obviously this book didn't make me an expert in the matter, but the starting boost was very solid indeed.

Any cons then?
As I know how to be a pain in the @ass, I got some :)

* I'd like read a bit more about Scala DSL - right now I just know that it exists and I've seen one or two very simple examples, but I'd like lear
Miloš Milivojević
A splendid introduction to Camel, this book covered everything I wanted to know about it (at the entry level at least). Of course, given the sheer number of technologies that Camel integrates with, it would be impossible to cover all of them at length but the author has done a great job introducing the general idea behind each of them.

To sum it all up - if you're new to Camel, this is book is a perfect starting point.
António
Way better than the official documentation, while it will not cover everything related to Apache Camel, it will give its reader a serious head start when trying to use it not only for base scenarios as well as more advanced situations. It's simple to understand and thorough in the knowledge it provides.
Borys
A very good Camel introduction. Would not recommend to those who have experience with this framework. Learning curve in the book is lean, and most things are necessary but not so hard to figure out by yourself (when reading through Apache Camel site docs, for instance). For me it was just right : )
Ivan
Great read for people just starting with Camel as well as people done some stuff with it already. I was excited by interesting EIP cases suggested, which made my head work :) Also it highlighted areas I never covered - have a todo list to work on.
Alex Ott
Very good introduction into Apache Camel. Starting from basics of Camel, it goes through different examples, showing how to build different systems using it. There is also description of maintenance, deployment, extension, etc.
Dmitriy
Haven't read the whole book, only those chapters I was interested in. The book does a great job in helping to get started with Camel providing nice introduction into the topic and interesting examples.
John
This book is a bit clumsy, but, good enough. I needed to supplement this book with additional articles from the web on the Java language, Spring, Server-side POJOs, and Camel.
Szabolcs
Szabolcs marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Iamxfc
Iamxfc marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Orest Ivasiv
Orest Ivasiv is currently reading it
Dec 14, 2014
Kijes
Kijes marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Nico Kock
Nico Kock is currently reading it
Nov 28, 2014
Johan Blomgren
Johan Blomgren is currently reading it
Nov 19, 2014
Lukasz
Lukasz is currently reading it
Nov 05, 2014
Bert Roex
Bert Roex is currently reading it
Oct 13, 2014
Marcindabrowski
Marcindabrowski marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Piotr
Piotr added it
Sep 26, 2014
Vincent Stoessel
Vincent Stoessel is currently reading it
Sep 22, 2014
Waclaw
Waclaw added it
Sep 05, 2014
Alexander Ryabov
Alexander Ryabov marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Iván
Iván added it
Oct 23, 2014
Jukka
Jukka is currently reading it
Jul 02, 2014
Roosy
Roosy marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »