Start by marking “Sizzle and Burn (The Men of Delta Force, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sizzle and Burn (The Men of Delta Force, #1)

Sizzle and Burn (The Men of Delta Force #1)

Alexis Grant brings you the first in an explosive new series featuring the dedicated, deadly, and dangerously sexy Men of Delta Force.

Mia Santiago has fought long and hard to become an expert in weapons technology. But her successful career didn't come without sacrifices, namely Ryan Mason, the only man she's ever loved. When she and Ryan chose their careers over a relati
Published June 28th 2011 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Sizzle and Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sizzle and Burn

Shawna
Sadly 1 star – Romantic Suspense

Why did I read this? Well, I love military romantic suspense and of course the smokin’ hot cover didn’t hurt matters. But I understand now why there are such low ratings because unfortunately, the cover is the best...possibly only...redeeming thing about this book.

It just didn’t work for me or hold my interest...at all. The love scenes are odd, giggle inducing, and have very flowery prose, especially for a military romantic suspense read.

“French kisses and two-fin
Mandi Schreiner
Jun 27, 2011 Mandi Schreiner added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF. made it to pg 70. I can't stand the heroine and she was just reunited with hero who she has a big past with and it made no sense. Also tons of information overload. Can't get into it.
Beth
Oct 19, 2011 Beth rated it did not like it
Funny. The description here lists the main female's character as "Mia Santiago" but in the book her last name is Austin. She is described as a "blatina" (author's word, not mine for 1/2 African-American, 1/2 Latina). So why was her named changed? To sell more books? FAIL. I don't have high standards for smut and even by those, this book was poor. Judging by the other comments on here about this book, I'm pretty darn spot-on. You want "Special Ops" along with your smut? Read Stephanie Tyler. ...more
Angie
Apr 20, 2012 Angie rated it really liked it
I really like LA Banks, but the only thing I didn't like about this, is that the men almost talked too much. Most of the alpha male posturing is short and sweet and here I thought they kept going just for the sake of continuing. Otherwise, I liked the story. I liked the heat between Ryan and Mia. Overall good story, just too much excessive male dialogue. You expect it from the women...not the men.
Nonieღserenity2bliss
Apart from the first three pages where the hero had a blast from the past of his ex, the story did very little for me. It certainly didn't 'sizzle and burn' me. On the contrary, it left me feeling flat and cold.
Josephine
Oct 10, 2016 Josephine added it
Shelves: dnf
The pacing was slow and I couldn't buy into the hero waxing poetic about his long lost love for pages and pages. This was a DNF for me and I won't be continuing with the series.
Alyssa :::Riverina Romantics:::
Posted At: Riverina Romantics
Rating: 3.5/5*
Romance Rating: 3/5 <3

Mia and Ryan were two people madly in love, but the lives they chose took them in very different directions. Although there were no hard feelings between them, fate had other plans. Years later, they're brought together again, only one of them is in grave danger. It's up to the other to save their life.

Ryan is the type of man that really defines a hero. He chose to go into the military to help people, I mean genuinely help peop
Priscilla
Jul 09, 2011 Priscilla rated it really liked it
Alexis Grant, in her debut novel Sizzle and Burn, introduces readers to Mia Austin and Ryan Mason. Mia and Ryan are madly in love. After spending two weeks of making love, they knew they were meant to be together. However, both walked away from each other and chose their careers.

Ten years later, Mia and Ryan paths cross again. Dr. Mia Austin, studying under Dr. Ian Cortland, professor at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural Science, was slated to present her research on utilizing natural d
Sunny
Apr 24, 2012 Sunny rated it liked it
This is book 1 in Alexis Grant's Men of Delta Force series. As far as the romantic suspense goes, this is a fun read. The book has an interesting take on global terrorism, focusing on the possibility of geological terrorism - what would happen if a terrorist organization targeted susceptible geological plates thus setting off massive earthquakes and destruction.

I liked that the two characters had a previous relationship. The tension arises when it is clear that Mia and Ryan had poor timing and
Ashley Gibson
Jan 07, 2015 Ashley Gibson rated it really liked it
Shelves: rated-reviewed, owned
I really enjoyed this story. I liked Mia and Ryan and was glad that they got a second chance.

Mia Santiago is the lead scientist working on geological warfare. Unfortunately, she has gotten the attentions of terrorists wanting the information to use against the United States and possibly elsewhere. Ryan Mason a captain in delta force has been ordered to go to a meeting to guard scientists that might be kidnapped to use in a terrorist plot. He does not expect to see Mia there. Mia and Ryan were lo
Michele
Apr 27, 2014 Michele rated it it was ok

Sizzle and Burn... Fizzled and Extinguished.

DID NOT FINISH THIS ONE.
This was suppose to be a sexy military story about a hot alpha-man and a girl from the other side of the tracks.
Nah, the best thing about this book was the cover. I had a hard time reading this, it read like a 4th grade romance.
I had a hard time connecting with the characters. The plot was bad and at times I had WTF moments.
I would recommend any Catherine Mann book over this one is a second.
Karen
Jul 20, 2014 Karen rated it liked it
for a debut novel..pretty good...

story dragged in a few places....but overall it was really good & has lead me to read the 2nd book...

LOTS of action towards the end of book, which made the read worthwhile
Whtyac
Feb 03, 2013 Whtyac rated it it was amazing
The characters were believable without being out of touch. The idea of disasters and terrorism was unique.
Linda
Aug 21, 2011 Linda rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I enjoyed this book, there were a few problems with it but overall I thought it was good for a first book.
Michele Grant
Aug 22, 2011 Michele Grant rated it liked it
Been reading a lot of Delta Force/Navy Seal/Super Spy romantic suspense thrillers lately. This one is good but not great.
Crystal Smith
Aug 12, 2015 Crystal Smith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Loved the book ... Great mystery. Loved the characters and the background of each character. Not whole lot of sex but still a great romance.
Karsyn
Jul 10, 2016 Karsyn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nbrc-wobble
Boring characters. Boring story. No suspense in a "romantic suspense". Not the worst book I have ever read, hence a 2 star rather than 1 but pretty day boring.
The Romantic Scientist
Somewhat entertaining but flawed. My full review is here: http://scienceofromance.blogspot.com/...
Holly
Holly rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was ok
Oct 14, 2014
Henry
Henry rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2013
Holly
Holly rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Yvette Mcqueen
Yvette Mcqueen rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2012
Julie Brengard
Julie Brengard rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2012
Kellsea
Kellsea rated it liked it
May 24, 2013
Tisha
Tisha rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2014
Deb
Deb rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2014
Lori Mason
Lori Mason rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Night Moves (Shadow Force, #4)
  • White Hot (Men in Uniform, #2)
  • Stay Hungry (The Bounty Hunters, #3)
  • Cold Touch (Extrasensory Agents, #2)
  • Risking Trust (Private Protectors, #1)
  • Skin Dive (Skin, #4)
  • Under Fire  (Under Fire #1)
  • Caught in the Act
  • Vortex (Cutter Cay, #3)
  • Collateral Damage (Silent Warrior, #1)
  • Protector (Dark Ops, #4)
  • Living on the Edge (Edge #1)
  • Night After Night (The Reliance Group, #2)
  • No Surrender (Devlin Group, #3)
  • The Spy Who Wants Me (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #8; Goddard Project, #3)
  • Sweet Justice (Last Chance Rescue, #7)
  • SEAL of My Dreams

The Men of Delta Force (2 books)
  • Locked and Loaded (The Men of Delta Force, #2)