Start by marking “Sizzle and Burn (The Men of Delta Force, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sizzle and Burn (The Men of Delta Force, #1)

Sizzle and Burn (The Men of Delta Force #1)

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  195 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Alexis Grant brings you the first in an explosive new series featuring the dedicated, deadly, and dangerously sexy Men of Delta Force.

Mia Santiago has fought long and hard to become an expert in weapons technology. But her successful career didn’t come without sacrifices, namely Ryan Mason, the only man she’s ever loved. When she and Ryan chose their careers over a relati...more
Published June 28th 2011 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Sizzle and Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sizzle and Burn

Shawna
Sadly 1 star – Romantic Suspense

Why did I read this? Well, I love military romantic suspense and of course the smokin’ hot cover didn’t hurt matters. But I understand now why there are such low ratings because unfortunately, the cover is the best...possibly only...redeeming thing about this book.

It just didn’t work for me or hold my interest...at all. The love scenes are odd, giggle inducing, and have very flowery prose, especially for a military romantic suspense read.

“French kisses and two-fin...more
Mandi Schreiner
Jun 27, 2011 Mandi Schreiner added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF. made it to pg 70. I can't stand the heroine and she was just reunited with hero who she has a big past with and it made no sense. Also tons of information overload. Can't get into it.
Beth
Funny. The description here lists the main female's character as "Mia Santiago" but in the book her last name is Austin. She is described as a "blatina" (author's word, not mine for 1/2 African-American, 1/2 Latina). So why was her named changed? To sell more books? FAIL. I don't have high standards for smut and even by those, this book was poor. Judging by the other comments on here about this book, I'm pretty darn spot-on. You want "Special Ops" along with your smut? Read Stephanie Tyler. She'...more
Maggie
I was so disappointed in this book. It had a topic which I don't think I have read before geological terrorism. I found it hard to get into the characters especially Dr. Mia Austin, what I really found annoying was her inner dialog. Captain Ryan Mason of Delta Force when he was with 2 members of his team was ok. There was no chemistry between Ryan and Mia that I could see. I read all the book, but at times I taught to forget about it. I was waiting for some major action after all these guys are...more
Angie
I really like LA Banks, but the only thing I didn't like about this, is that the men almost talked too much. Most of the alpha male posturing is short and sweet and here I thought they kept going just for the sake of continuing. Otherwise, I liked the story. I liked the heat between Ryan and Mia. Overall good story, just too much excessive male dialogue. You expect it from the women...not the men.
Nonieღserenity2bliss
Apart from the first three pages where the hero had a blast from the past of his ex, the story did very little for me. It certainly didn't 'sizzle and burn' me. On the contrary, it left me feeling flat and cold.
Ashley Gibson
I really enjoyed this story. I liked Mia and Ryan and was glad that they got a second chance.

Mia Santiago is the lead scientist working on geological warfare. Unfortunately, she has gotten the attentions of terrorists wanting the information to use against the United States and possibly elsewhere. Ryan Mason a captain in delta force has been ordered to go to a meeting to guard scientists that might be kidnapped to use in a terrorist plot. He does not expect to see Mia there. Mia and Ryan were lo...more
Priscilla
Alexis Grant, in her debut novel Sizzle and Burn, introduces readers to Mia Austin and Ryan Mason. Mia and Ryan are madly in love. After spending two weeks of making love, they knew they were meant to be together. However, both walked away from each other and chose their careers.

Ten years later, Mia and Ryan paths cross again. Dr. Mia Austin, studying under Dr. Ian Cortland, professor at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural Science, was slated to present her research on utilizing natural d...more
Alyssa :::Riverina Romantics:::
Posted At: Riverina Romantics
Rating: 3.5/5*
Romance Rating: 3/5 <3

Mia and Ryan were two people madly in love, but the lives they chose took them in very different directions. Although there were no hard feelings between them, fate had other plans. Years later, they're brought together again, only one of them is in grave danger. It's up to the other to save their life.

Ryan is the type of man that really defines a hero. He chose to go into the military to help people, I mean genuinely help peop...more
Sunny
This is book 1 in Alexis Grant's Men of Delta Force series. As far as the romantic suspense goes, this is a fun read. The book has an interesting take on global terrorism, focusing on the possibility of geological terrorism - what would happen if a terrorist organization targeted susceptible geological plates thus setting off massive earthquakes and destruction.

I liked that the two characters had a previous relationship. The tension arises when it is clear that Mia and Ryan had poor timing and...more
Michele

Sizzle and Burn... Fizzled and Extinguished.

DID NOT FINISH THIS ONE.
This was suppose to be a sexy military story about a hot alpha-man and a girl from the other side of the tracks.
Nah, the best thing about this book was the cover. I had a hard time reading this, it read like a 4th grade romance.
I had a hard time connecting with the characters. The plot was bad and at times I had WTF moments.
I would recommend any Catherine Mann book over this one is a second.
Karen
for a debut novel..pretty good...

story dragged in a few places....but overall it was really good & has lead me to read the 2nd book...

LOTS of action towards the end of book, which made the read worthwhile
The Romantic Scientist
Somewhat entertaining but flawed. My full review is here: http://scienceofromance.blogspot.com/...
Tina
Oct 31, 2011 Tina rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: dnf, romance-suspense
DNF. Was able to tough it out until chapter 8, but that was it. Worse book I've ever read. Won't be reading this author in the future.
Michele Grant
Been reading a lot of Delta Force/Navy Seal/Super Spy romantic suspense thrillers lately. This one is good but not great.
Linda
I enjoyed this book, there were a few problems with it but overall I thought it was good for a first book.
Whtyac
The characters were believable without being out of touch. The idea of disasters and terrorism was unique.
Hbeebti
I just couldnt do it. I could not get into this book. Bummer cause it seemed to potential. Oh well.
Misty Boyd
It wasn't my normal genre to read so I may have been biased. I thought it was ok but not my fav.
Ruth Ellen

Exciting,exhilarating,loaded with action.
Jenny Orbeta
Oh it's sizzling with action and sex appeal alright!
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Debbie Mansell
Debbie Mansell marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Hazel
Hazel marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
  • Night Moves (Shadow Force, #4)
  • Defender (Dark Ops, #1)
  • Night After Night
  • White Hot (Men in Uniform, #2)
  • Stay Hungry (The Bounty Hunters, #3)
  • The Protector (Taskforce, #1)
  • Living on the Edge (Edge #1)
  • Collateral Damage (Silent Warrior, #1)
  • No Surrender (Devlin Group, #3)
  • Relentless (A Little Harmless Military Romance, #5)
  • Risking Trust (Private Protectors, #1)
  • Under Fire
  • Cold Touch (Extrasensory Agents, #2)
  • Vortex (Cutter Cay, #3)
Locked and Loaded (The Men of Delta Force, #2) You Deserve to Love Your Job: 20 Big Ideas for Succeeding in the New World of Work Men of Danger (Includes: Elite Ops, #4.5)