The Electrifying Exploits of the English Three

The Electrifying Exploits of the English Three

4.58 of 5 stars 4.58  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Can three women stop the destruction of the Tower Bridge?

Eliza, Miriam, and Jillian are friends by fate, employment, and society. In the London of 1894, they receive a directive from their mysterious boss to investigate, and stop, the Countess Wilmont's plot to destroy the newly erected Tower Bridge.

Delving into a secret world of masterful training in martial arts, curiou...more
Published January 3rd 2011 by Lyrical Press, Inc (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Electrifying Exploits of the English Three, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Electrifying Exploits of the English Three

The Pen & Muse
Just think what spies could have accomplished in the 19th century if they had had cell phones, faxes, & computers, such as the rudimentary ones the ladies of the English Three have! Necessity is the mother of invention, & all things are invented in their time, but that is the beauty of steampunk. We can speculate as to what might have taken place if only those inventions had been around in another time of history.

The English Three are in no way typical of women in the 1800s. One has deci...more
Jessica Zellman
I didn't know much about steampunk beyond the fashion side when I bought this book. It was fun and interesting. I was impressed with the "old" versions of our modern technology. Very creative. Yes, it reminded me of Charlie's Angels, but in a good way. The three main characters were all different enough that I didn't have a problem telling them apart, and I was interested in their individual goals and problems. It held my interest all the way through. Lots of fun, and I'll be looking for more fo...more
C.M.
Oh, this was my very first Steampunk novel (unless you count the Golden Compass) and I loved it!

Williams seamlessly melded sprockets, corsets and modern technology into something that I had no problem believing in whole.

The relationships were so different than most romances, two of the characters were already married but to really crappy men which made the new love interests easy to digest.

I just wished it was longer!
Eric
This is essentially a steampunk version of Charlie's Angels with a fair amount of victorian-style romance mashed in.

There's a lot of unrealized potential in the story, unfortunately. And I felt the ending was a cop-out. It held me in enough to get me to finish, but that's about all.
Pamela Craft Jenewein
Loved it, loved it, loved it. Great characters, plausible and enjoyable story line, and the technology quite believable too.

Hope another is in the works.
Annabel
Amazing book! you can find my review on my blog:

Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Katie Barber
Katie Barber marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2012
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2012
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2012
Pamela Turner
Pamela Turner marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2011
Renee Rearden
Renee Rearden marked it as to-read
May 28, 2011
Patti
Patti marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2011
Debra Driza
Debra Driza marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2011
Christine Ball
Christine Ball marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2011
Orhedea
Orhedea marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2011
Sondrae Bennett
Sondrae Bennett marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2011
Kyanara Night
Kyanara Night marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2011
Michael Hawkes
Michael Hawkes marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2011
Devil In A Red Kilt London's Calling The Electrifying Exploits Of The English Three