Start by marking “I Love Female Orgasm: An Extraordinary Orgasm Guide” as Want to Read:
I Love Female Orgasm: An Extraordinary Orgasm Guide

I Love Female Orgasm: An Extraordinary Orgasm Guide

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  320 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Everything you need to know about Female Orgasm
Published March 3rd 2008 by Da Capo Press (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about I Love Female Orgasm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love Female Orgasm

Linnea
Jun 15, 2008 Linnea rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: adults
Recommended to Linnea by: self
I thought this was an excellent book - it is written by a husband / wife team that are also psychologists and sex therapists. It is a great sex ed class with view points from males, females and many quotes from people who have attended their seminars. I found it educational, interesting and entertaining - highly reccomneded for women (and for the men that love women!)
Stacey
Nov 01, 2011 Stacey rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: nonfiction
An 'extraordinary', comprehensive book that is relevant and applicable for male, female, LGBT and straight audiences. Lots of surprising facts, humor, and interesting first-hand experiences. I think a must for everyone.
Sue
I met the authors - a really beautiful couple who gave a talk at the local good vibrations. There is something deeply wholesome about them.
Angela
Okay. I was hesitant to review this book because I wasn't sure I wanted all my friends to know that I read a book called "I <3 Female Orgasm" - but this book is awesome so I had to do it! It is funny, interesting, and filled with stuff you probably don't know - even if you're quite seasoned in the realm of the female orgasm. I definitely recommend it for both men and women!
Clint
Jun 17, 2008 Clint is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
"Never judge a book by its cover" is as wise as it is cliche, yet if you look on the back and see the picture of the people who wrote this... well damn, if they can enjoy sex with each other then they know something more than most.

I am a terrible and shallow person. ._.

Anyway, it's informative thusfar.
Denise
Outstanding book to give to young adults. Highly recommended for style, content and depth of information. It's intended audience is college students, but should be required reading for any woman mature enough to handle the topic. The tone is chatty and natural, but never cutesy or condescending.
Kala
The subtitle should be: The Clitoris Owner's Manual. Chock full of information relatable, down-to-earth, essential information. Even a self-described liberated, sex-lovin' lady like myself learned a thing or two. :)
Greg
The book was filled with good information and written in a humorous manner. The information it contained, however, was VERY basic. It's best for a woman who has never orgasmed or a man who has never had sex.
Daniel
Feb 26, 2009 Daniel is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
So far this is a great Sexual Education book for men and women about the Female Orgasm.
Hoan
Pretty insightful to some extent. If you're a virgin - this is a book for you! If you're in a good sexually active relationship - this may sound redundant but still there are a few tricks you may discover. This was pretty open and provides good responses to myths and misconceptions of orgasms which I think many will find relieving. Also I think there should be more sexual positions to stimulate creativity, since the book mainly focuses on what's popular, and often the most common positions, ther...more
Kyle
I learned a lot about what women like and need sexually. It was very redundant in that it kept saying things like what works for one woman won't work for another. They said this a lot... which got old after a while. Some things like communication are almost common sense, but can be taken for granted, so it's good to see them point them out.

Other than the repetition, the book helped clear up a lot of confusion with myths and taught me a lot I did not know. The book was very well-written and was a...more
Erin Betts
This book rips unusually hard. I mean, I didn't learn too much simply because I had am already familiar with the subject, but it is a super, super good book and I highly, highly recommend it to any female or any male who is interested in pleasing a female. Girls: buy this book!!!! Make your partner read it, and if they are resistant beat them or leave them!!!! (Joking, but it's a good one for sure!!!!!)
For anyone - ANYONE (straight/queer, male/female/other, single/coupled/poly, virgin or major slut) who wants to read a clearly & concisely written, realistic, down to earth, and easy to understand guide to female orgasm, I HIGHLY recommend this book! Not super duper fancy or advanced, but a very nice "basics" guide. And if you get a chance to hear the authors speak, do so - *very* enjoyable!
June Lin
I found it to be not very enlightening. I think most of the things they talk about are common sense and way too general. This should be a good book for guys if they want to learn the basics about female anatomy and how to please a woman with testimonials from women. It also gives you advice on how to troubleshoot your sex life and how to approach issues in a non invasive or offensive way.
Korri
While I was an undergraduate at a women's university, the campus centre activities board (of which I was a member) invited Dorian & Marshall to speak. They were very friendly, open, and inclusive of all gender identities & sexualities. Although it can be repetitive, this book is accessible, informative & useful whether or not you are experienced and sexually active (with yourself or a partner).
Kyle Wendy Skultety (gimmethatbook.com)
I learned a few new things....but this book is basically for women who have never had one, or who are just starting out in life.....that being said, there is some really interesting info on the female anatomy and why certain things happen.
Michelle
An excellent resource, written in a style that health and sexuality educators should aspire to (not too basic, not too technical). Of course it can be very hetero-focused, but they really do cover all the bases on female orgasm.
David
thorough, entertaining book by two sex educators firmly in the "comprehensive" (as vs. abstinence-only) camp. Well-written, funny.
Emily!
Funny, positive, inclusive. I want to recommend this to all of my health promotion/education friends!
Hol
Sort of an “Idiot’s Guide to Sex with Women,” alas--cheerful and basic and relentlessly affirming.
Ana Reif
Great, sweet and funny guide, every girl/woman and boy/man should read! :D
Nikki
A must read for all women....and a great reference for the boys ;)
SuperCat
the alternate title is "female orgasm for dummies"
Miriam
Good information, but hetro-normative.
Tyler
This was an interesting book. I was recommended this book for me and my wife to read from a friend. The book is very well written, very scientific and helped demystify many things of the sexual nature with our relationship. This is fantastic book highly recommended for anyone trying to deepen their relationship. This is by far, the best book on sexual relations I have ever read.
Michelle
Surprisingly funny, lighthearted, informative, and educational. A little basic, but altogether a fun read. Highly recommended.
Cristian F
Good understanding sexual pleasure
Brittany
This book is a great introduction and how-to manual for experiencing the female orgasm. It is written in a very conversational style that anyone can pick up and read easily. The book has many pictures, funny stories, and interesting facts that keeps you extremely interested. I'd recommend this book to anyone, man or women, who wants to learn more about the female orgasm.
Aaron Graf
All I am going to say is for you and your significant other to read this book. It is filled with great information and everyone will learn something out of this book. Just go off and read it!
  • Sex for One: The Joy of Selfloving
  • The Good Vibrations Guide to Sex: The Most Complete Sex Manual Ever Written
  • The Whole Lesbian Sex Book: A Passionate Guide for All of Us
  • She Comes First: The Thinking Man's Guide to Pleasuring a Woman
  • Real Live Nude Girl: Chronicles of Sex-Positive Culture
  • The New Topping Book
  • Everything You Know About Sex is Wrong: The Disinformation Guide to the Extremes of Human Sexuality (and Everything in Between)
  • Guide to Getting It On!
  • The Seductive Art of Japanese Bondage
  • The New Bottoming Book
  • Talk Dirty to Me
  • Whores and Other Feminists
  • Urban Tantra: Sacred Sex for the Twenty-First Century
  • The Threesome Handbook: Make the Most of Your Favorite Fantasy - the Ultimate Guide for Tri-Curious Singles and Couples
Unmarried to Each Other: The Essential Guide to Living Together as an Unmarried Couple