Ride (Studs in Spurs, #3)

Ride (Studs in Spurs #3)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  666 ratings  ·  42 reviews
What happens in Vegas sometimes follows you home.

Studs in Spurs, Book 3

Pro bull rider Chase Reese knew things move faster than an eight-second ride in Las Vegas. He just never expected to be driving home with a national championship under his belt and a wedding band on his left hand with no clue how it got there.

Yet he can t complain about the stripper bride beside him. Fr...more
Published December 28th 2010 by Samhain (first published November 23rd 2010)

Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei JamesLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesTied Up, Tied Down by Lorelei JamesBranded as Trouble by Lorelei James
SAVE A HORSE RIDE A COWBOY
41st out of 479 books — 498 voters
Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei JamesLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesTied Up, Tied Down by Lorelei JamesShoulda Been a Cowboy by Lorelei James
Best Cowboy/Western Romance
22nd out of 220 books — 145 voters

More lists with this book...

Auntee
This book started out good but sort of fell apart at the end. It was worth reading for the sweet, kinda sexy young (22) hero, professional bull rider Chase Reece. Chase appeared in the previous two books in the series (UnRidden and Bucked), so if you've read those two you'll want to see how Chase makes out in his own book.
Chase...
Photobucket

In this story he's paired with 'good girl' stripper (Leesa Santiago) who's only stripping because she got herself into a terrible financial mess. It's the end of the b...more
Tam
I liked this story. I was excited for Chases story because he seemed so much sweeter than the heros from the first two books, and he really ended up being so sweet and non-judgemental. He's just so lovable.

Leesa was a great match for him. Great great great match.

I liked that a few things were left unresolved at the end. For example, we don't know if she goes to live with her parents or if she went back to school or stopped stripping. We know that she intended to do all those things but we don't...more
Jenn Scranton
Really more like 4.5 stars!

Ride is in competition for one of my favorite books in the series. It features our sweet and young Chase. I have been anxious for his story since UnRidden! He's just so sweet!
"Sometimes I wish I was as quick at lines as some of the other guys, but I find it's easier to stick with the truth. Less likely to get bitten in the ass by one of your own lies that way"
... Foreshadowing? You bet!

The innocent Chase meets Leesa stripper in a less than romantic way during a birthd...more
Elaine
3rd book in series, enjoyable enough but weak at the end, weak enough to get 3 stars instead of 4.

Chase is young, kinda naive, and ends up married to a Vegas stripper, Leesa, who is stuck stripping due to debt from an old boyfriend (heard this one before, huh?). Chase takes her home to Oklahoma, where the usual happens- mutual attraction, she feels undeserving, he tries to win her over, yada yada...

If you are reading the series (and I suggest you do ), you will read this book as well, but I wis...more
Niina
Jan 13, 2012 Niina rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Studs in Spurs Fans and Cowboy & Bull rider fans...
Pro-bullrider Chase Reese had one particularly great ride so the birthday boy is taken to a strip club to celebrate. A lap dance turns into quite the event and neither he or the girl know what to do with the unexplainably strong attraction.

Leesa Santiago didn’t ever see herself becoming a stripper, she was studying to become a CPA, and accountant before things with her ex went sour – not as sour though as hearing her boss orders a hit on her for walking in on him at wrong time and seeing too muc...more
Elena
This was more like a 2.5* due to the fact that i liked the characters but not the many plot flaws. Leesa is running away from the bad guys, and "uses" Chase as a cover (hides at his family home) and love develops between them. Overall: cute but unrealistic...

The many flaws:
- she is being chased by the mob and her only plan is to run until the end of her life or until they catch her and kill her?!?! No plan on going to the police?!?!
- they find out they got married to each other in Vegas, even...more
Charlene
I really like a good Cat Johnson cowboy story...until I get to the ending. Every ending to every book I've read of hers just...stops...no build up to the HEA, no epilogue, nothing. This book was particularly bad - the heroine (view spoiler) and boom, that's it - HEA. WTH? I've just enjoyed reading about these two as they stumble through their accidental romance. I enjoyed reading about Chase...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
They say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Well, they were wrong. In fact, after the last couple of days Leesa had, she needed to get out of Vegas, and fast. It's not like she really had anything to stay in Vegas for. In fact, she leaves Vegas with her husband. Hold on....Husband, you say? She fell asleep a single woman, and woke up a married one. And now it was time for Leesa and Chase to figure this thing out. Do either of them really want to be married to a stranger, despite the incredibl...more
Jennette
This was pretty good right up until the end. Everything wraps up too fast without enough explanation. The end left me with flat feeling that didn't match the rest of the book story or pace. I like Chase he was in the other books in the series there are even a couple of short stories that he appears in so I already felt like I had a good idea of who he was supposed to be and I think the author did a great job not wasting time revisiting the past but gave enough a new reader would not feel cheated...more
Sandy
This is so touching

This was one of the most touching stories in this series. Chase although a little too sweet to be real just makes you wish for everythint to come out right for him.
Kasey
I adore the young rookie Chase. He has had cameos in both the other books and I was happy he got a story. This was a good read, but not my fav. It started well and I was interested. I was interested in the characters and how they were going to end up together in the end. The progress in the beginning worked well enough, but in the end it just fell flat. The final chapter was kinda abrupt and everything just works out. I hate that. I'm not ever thrilled when our wayward hero shows back up and wit...more
Sophia
I like Lorelei James' Rough Rider series better. But this was pretty entertaining. Girl meets boy, she's a stripper and they get married in Vegas. So he brings her home to his parents house so they can sort out the divorce, oh and she's being chased by thugs who want to kill her. Oh did I mention she's a stripper and he's a bull riding cowboy and they can't keep their hands off each other.
Typical light read book, I just didn't really connect with the characters as much as I do when I read the R...more
Tabatha
This was a much better read than I had anticipated. I've always liked Chase from the other books, so I'm glad he found someone special. Lucky for Chase and Leesa, the age old motto of what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas did not apply. They have instant chemistry when they meet, and fate brings them back together when she is on the run from some Vegas mobsters. I think Johnson did a great job with the heat and chemistry between these two, and I liked the details she wove in about bull riding in...more
Judith
A very fun third addition to this series on rodeo participants. As always, Cat Johnson has this writing "thing" down pat, and this story about one of the younger members of the rodeo circuit is very engaging. A marriage certificate and wedding rings when you don't remember the wedding? Not a good way to end the season, but Chase Reese tries to do the right thing. It is a very cute love story of two people who get to know one another AFTER the wedding. Johnson is one of my favorite writers and I...more
Candace
I really enjoyed this book. We have seen Chase in as a secondary character in the first two books and I was looking forward to seeing his book. He is just as lovable as I expected him to be.

I also enjoyed seeing past characters like Slade, Jenna and Mustang even if they were only mentioned briefly.

The ending was a little abrupt and I wish the story would have continued for just a little bit longer, but overall, very good.
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus
Chase Reese is such a sweet kid. I liked this book a lot.

Chase is mentioned in all other books but to have his own story made me smile a lot. Only he could ask a stripper out after she just gave him a "happy ending" lap dance. Such a Romeo.

This book tells the story of Leesa and Chase, but all the secondary characters are in it Slade & Jenna, Mustang, Skeeter, Garret (They have a kegger in a hotel! lol Love Cowboys!)
Ridley
Heroine's a habitual liar who never faces consequences of her lies, the conflict is perched upon a Big Mis and the end is so painfully neat, the plastic's still on the couches.

Characters charmed the shit out of me, though.

In the end, it's like most Samhain books: a good story with compelling characters that just needed a good content editor to tell the author to plot better.
Summer
This is my favorite book of the series! The slight suspense, stripping, and a quick vegas wedding were excellent.

******
If you liked this book you may enjoy the following groups:
Erotic Enchants Group
Menage Readers Group
Morgan
Ok, so you cant help but fall for sweet Chase Reese, but the one thing I didnt like was that the ending was sort of rushed. The entire book was wonderful, especially the budding relationship between Leesa and Chase. The only issue was that the ending was so rushed that you end up feeling a bit cheated. Oh well, Id still read it again.
Heather in FL
Well that was fun. Chase is a great guy, and I felt bad for Leesa, considering the situation she was in. I kind of wondered if Garret was calling about a joke, but you never can tell what will happen in Vegas. I wish there had been more at the end, but I was happy with how it turned out. Looking forward to the next one.
Darcy
Sweet, that is what Leesa keeps calling Chase and that is what this story is, sweet - and that isn't a bad thing! I liked Chase's story, he's such a nice boy and Leesa is his perfect pair. There was nothing extraordinary or outstanding, but the story left me with a warm fuzzy, feeling and hope for those two and their future!
Cyn Mistress Kitty
I was really looking forward to Chase's story. I have loved him in the other books. This story started out great and I thought Yee Haw, some good cowboy lovin' should be happening soon. It just turned out kinda boring and slow for me : ( The story was ok for me but I expected more for sweet Chase.
Kathryn
Love these bull riders. The stories move fast, but they are just stories. The characters are developed and the author makes sure you have a connection with them. I didn't realize how much I was going to fall into this genre, but I am so glad I discovered this writer. Cat Johnson.. I'm a fan.
Wicked Nyx
What a sweet ride! I love how Chase knew what he wanted and wasn't afraid to take a chance on Leesa and a future together even though the circumstances were as far from ideal as you could get. If you need a sweet story about love, this one should be right up your alley.
Lori's Book Blog
It's official, I am in love with Chase even though I'm almost 10 years older! He is so sweet in a "Wow this boy has some real manners" kind of way. I loved how he was still a little shy but yet the man knew what he was doing in the bedroom ;).
Actually a 3.5 for me. I liked it, quite a bit, but I thought the ending was rushed. I also would have liked more to do with the family and the town, since that was a key point int he summary. Cute story though.
Maddy
I did not like this one as much as the other Studs in Spurs books but it was not bad at all. I liked the characters and the story was good. It just was up against books I really love and came up short.
Angela
I love these quick reads! Chase was hot and wished it was a little more intense with leesa and the FBI thing. It's like Cat was just ready to end the book. I do love me some hit cowboys though!
Eileen
I liked the book but not as much as the first two in the series. Chase was a good guy so I'm glad he got the girl in the end!
Sasha
A pretty decent storyline as far as erotica goes. Sensible dialogue. Sweet guy. No epilogue though, which always earns my ire.
  • Rocky Mountain Haven (Six Pack Ranch, #2)
  • Kissin' Tell (Rough Riders, #13)
  • A Four-Gone Conclusion (Lone Star Lovers #5)
  • The Real Deal (Roped, #1)
  • Where Have all the Cowboys Gone? (Turner Brothers, #1)
  • Southern Comfort (Compass Brothers, #2)
It all started in first grade when Cat Johnson won the essay contest at Hawthorne Elementary School and got to ride in the Chief of Police's car in the Memorial Day Parade...and the rest, as they say, is history. As an adult, Cat generally tries to stay out of police cars and is thrilled to be writing for a living. She has been published under a different name in the Young Adult genre, but release...more
More about Cat Johnson...
UnRidden (Studs in Spurs, #1) Bucked (Studs in Spurs, #2) Trey (Red, Hot & Blue, #1) One Night with a Cowboy (Oklahoma Nights, #1) Hooked (Studs in Spurs #4)