Start by marking “Falke's Peak (Puma Nights, #1)” as Want to Read:
Falke's Peak (Puma Nights, #1)

Falke's Peak (Puma Nights #1)

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,410 Ratings  ·  86 Reviews
She couldn't believe her eyes.

Stressed out ad-exec Dakota wandered into Catamount Outfitters in search of a guide for a wilderness excursion. She didn't expect to be greeted by not one, but five of the most ruggedly delicious-looking men she'd ever seen. Not to mention a live cougar guarding the shop.

The Falke brothers have more than just good looks in their genes.

Eldest b
Published December 20th 2010 by Carina Press (first published November 16th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Falke's Peak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falke's Peak

Holly
Jan 12, 2011 Holly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! FANTASTIC & HOT~~

This was a wonderful story about a woman who ends up vacationing at a mountain retreat with her friend and her fiance - uugh!! She decides to charter a hike into the snow covered mountains. That's when she meets the incredibly HOT Falke bothers and their sister! Dakota ends up being guided on her hike by Axel and Falke(the family's pet puma) who just happens to be Axels bother Gunner - Oh, did I forget to mention they are a family of Shifters?? LOL This
Ronda  Tutt
Net Galley

Fantastic Read! HOT! HOT! HOT!

Dakota's get away vacation starts out not so fun when all she sees is her best friend with her boyfriend making out all the time so she has to get away and what better way to do that than going on a hiking trek into the mountains and maybe meet some one to have a quick fling with before she has to return back to reality of her sucessful career.

When Dakota walks into the Falke Brothers (5 brothers and 1 sister)store, her adventure begins. To begin with she
Ana
Apr 08, 2012 Ana rated it really liked it
All Dakota wants is to simply enjoy her vacation - unfortunately, since her friend's fiancee came with them, most of her plans are ruined. So she decides to go on a longer hike, all she needs is a guide.

The cabin in which they they stayed (of course it should be more rustic, but I liked the look of this one :D)

Enter the Falke brothers. Both Gunnar and Axel are attracted to her. Of course Axel's seduction does tend to go better since he's the only one in human form. Gunnar on the other hand:

I lov
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: fitting
Rating: NC-17
Thumbs Up: 2.5
Overall: it was okay
Characters: okay
Plot: girl meets boys, boys fall in love
Page Turner: sure
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Maybe not
Book Boyfriend: Axel

SUMMARY
I’m not sure about this one. Everything happens to fast and too easy for me. It’s was too over the top unbelievable. I get insta lust. I don’t get insta mate in a matter of days especially when the world building doesn’t suggest that the mate bond works that way. Anyways, I read t
Sassafrass
This review was originally done for The Romance Reviews and can be found here: http://erotic.theromancereviews.com/v...

A sensual journey set in the world of a Paranormal/Shifter Romance, I could not put this book down! It was fantastic. We've got a great plot, well-developed characters, hot men, and even hotter sex.

FALKE'S PEAK is the first novel in the brand new series Puma Nights, and it's starting off with a bang. We are introduced to the Falkes, a family of puma shifters who run a wilderness
Emily
Ad-exec, Dakota, was ecstatic about her upcoming vacation with her girlfriends, until one dropped out because she was injured and the other added her fiancee to the mix. Feeling like the third wheel, she finds herself signing up for a four day wilderness excursion with Catamount Outfitters.

Axel Falke is the gude for Dakota's mountain trek, and finding it difficult to keep his eyes, hands, and thoughts off the beauty who is amazing him with her determination and natural ease on the mountain. His
Desiree
Boring and predictable about sums this book up. It can be summed up as:
Girl goes on vacation, fucks two brothers for 4 days, than goes home. Brothers come get her, take her back to THEIR home. Girl and brothers live happily ever after (so we assume).

There was no meat, there was no developments. Just meeting, grunting, and wallah, love ever lasting. I wasn't impressed with this book at all, however, the actual writing was good. What little there was.

I won't be reading the rest of this series, m
Dahlia (yadkny)
Jan 25, 2011 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Ménage Shifter Lovers
Dakota is tired of being the third wheel and rightly so. The much anticipated 'girls only skiing vacation' turned into her friends’ fiancé tagging along, thereby turning it into a practice honeymoon for the soon to be married couple. Feeling restless and bored, Dakota decides to do a little exploring on her own and after stumbling across an advertising flyer and a local to the area, she makes the journey to Catamount Outfitters. The hike she ultimately signed up for should be a revitalizing expe ...more
Laurie Garrison
Two sexy shape-shifters, snow and some very hot sex in a cabin, who can ask for anything more, not me. This was a very exciting fast pace read, I just couldn’t turn the pages fast enough to see how it was all going to end up. I love how these authors write their shape-shifters cats and now I want more..… You find hot sex by a ménage trio M/F/M with anal play/intercourse, humor and some action. There is a good connection between these three.

Warning! These shifters give a back massage in their ca
Jamie
Sep 11, 2011 Jamie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, e-books
Why I decided to read this book: I was looking through all the new releases on Netgalley and saw this one and as you can see from the reading the synopsis, it really tripped my trigger. That and the cover I think is pretty neat too.

Likes?......: What really drew me into the story was Dakota. The way she's described you think "fluffy city girl," but the farther you read into the book you definitely start to change your tune about her. I also liked the premise of "modern day" shapeshifters....Esp
Jamie

Darcy
Sep 26, 2011 Darcy rated it really liked it
I was surprised by how much I liked this one. I loved how the guys were mountain lion shifters and the rules of how they were. I really liked the big family and the business, especially how the store always had a Falke there. When the little girl came in to play with the cat I was giggling.

Dakota was fun. I can see where she was uncomfortable being on her trip. Her solution to avoid it was a good one, especially when it brought her to the brother's. Of course Axel and Gunnar are instantly attrac
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
Mar 13, 2011 Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: over 18 due to strong sexual content, m/f/m, anal sex
Dakota is on vacation with her friend, Carrie and Carrie's fiance. On this trip,
Dakota is feeling like a third wheel. Since, she still has quite a bit of her vacation left, she books a rustic five-day get away with a local outfitter. Axel and Gunnar (a.k.a. Falke in his cougar form) act as her guides in the wilderness. Both men are outstandingly sexy. When the trip begins, Dakota thinks she is on a trip with a man (Axel) and a tame mountain cougar (Falke). As time passes, Gunnar and Axel realiz
Ana
Sep 22, 2015 Ana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kathryn
This is one of those books for people who do not typicaly like menage stories. The author balances some erotic scenes with some character building and romance apart from the erotic scenes. The romance is focused upon more than the sex, which as I mentioned, might work better for some readers. So go ahead and read this quick and sweet shifter story for the romance and not for the menage that you were curious about. :)

I wanted to rate 4 stars but my sweetness factor was maxed out and 3 stars is th
Kari
Mar 11, 2011 Kari rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2011
This is how I like my erotica. It has an actual storyline. Falke's Peake is well written with good character development. The shape shifter premise was interesting. Because the authors did a great job of developing their characters, I believed the attraction between Dakota and the brothers. The love scenes are tastefully written and are pretty hot as well! While I'm not too into the menage story lines, I liked this one. Probably because I believed the relationship. There are amusing scenes with ...more
J.C.
absolutely yummy! great read especially being my first by this author and really loved it
Dec 28, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dakota Tokala had planned on a girl's only getaway with her two best friends. Before they left, her friend fell and broke her arm. Her other friend then substituted her fiance. Dakota was trapped as the third wheel in the vacation from hell until she walked into Catamount Outfitters. She had always loved hiking and the outdoors, so what better way to escape than to book a wilderness excursion.

In Catamount Outfitters, she encounters five of the sexiest men she had ever seen and their pet cougar g
Laurie
Late last night I found myself in a mini book funk. Nothing looked good, so I decided I needed a palate cleanser book. Someone was waxing poetic on Goodreads about how refreshing this oldy but goody ménage book is so I looked it up on Amazon (I can’t remember who that was, so if it was you, thanks!). The $3.99 price tag threw me a bit, but I tamped down my inner penny-pincher and 1-clicked it. I mean let’s face it, nothing says palate cleanser like a good ménage…right?

Dakota is at the beginning
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Interesting twist on an isolated family of puma shifters. The story was good and I enjoyed it but nothing to make me rave about it. I will however go ahead and listen to the next book as I did enjoy the charcters. I do with they were more multidimensional. Over all a 3 star read..
Amanda
Jan 31, 2011 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I don't even have words. If you want a book that can warm you up on a winter day then this book is for you! I devoured this book in a few short hours. Definitely hot, steamy, and sinfully good!
Stephanie
3 1/2 stars, when is Goodreads going to give us halves!?

anyway, solid story, interesting characters, some hot sex. nice read.
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Fancy pants ad-exec, Dakota plans a girls getaway in the wilderness in hopes of decompressing and relieving some of the stress she has in her very busy life. When one friend cancels and the other brings her new boy-toy, the fun filled vacation quickly deteriorates. As the lovey-dovey new couple plays kissy-face Dakota becomes increasing restless and feels like a third wheel on a perfectly balanced bicycle. In an effort to escape the uncomfortable confines of her 1 bedroom cabin, she books a guid ...more
Stephanie
Falke's Peak

by Anna Leigh Keaton & Madison Layle

Publisher: Carina Press

Pub Date: 12/20/2010

She couldn’t believe her eyes Stressed out ad-exec Dakota wandered into Catamount Outfitters in search of guide for a wilderness excursion. She didn’t expect to be greeted by not one, but five of the most ruggedly delicious looking men she’d ever seen. Not to mention a live cougar guarding the shop.

The Falke brothers have more than just good looks in their genes.
Eldest brother Axel agrees to guide Dako
Lillie
This is A Flash Of Fiction (capsule/brief) feature review.
See the entire post at: Read My Mind

I Liked -- Plot: Falke's Peak is a little bit different than most of the menage books that I have read. Why? Because for a portion of the book, Dakota is only aware of "one" man. The brothers are twins, and one stays in cat form while the other is human. Though Dakota spends time with both, she doesn't know this. It's an interesting take on the "get to know each man outside of the menage" plot point tha
Scooper Speaks
Rebecca
Jun 07, 2011 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Dakota is on a much needed vacation with her friend and her fiancé because just before the trip her other single friend backs out. Now she feels like the third wheel. So instead of hanging around, Dakota goes to Catamount Outfitters, a store owned by a family of shifters, to find a guide for an excursion. She so didn't expect to meet five deliciously indulgent rugged-looking men, not to mention the real-life cougar roaming the store.

Since Dakota doesn’t know the men are shifters and unaware of t
Mel
Mar 17, 2013 Mel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think most of us (the honest ones) would admit to this being a hot female fantasy. I mean, helllllo 2 men. Well, I digress... in this book, we meet Dakota who's an ad exec from Las Vegas. She goes on vacation with a gf but the stupid friend brings her fiance on the trip, so Dakota feels like the 3rd wheel. She decides to explore Washington's mountains and hires a hiking company. Enter the Falkes. They are a family of shape shifting Pumas and each set of brothers ends up choosing one woman to b ...more
Romancing the Book
Jan 12, 2012 Romancing the Book rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, erotica
Reviewed By: Emma Rae
Review Copy Provided By: Purchased for Pleasure

Cover notes / Warnings: graphic sex

Review: Dakota's introduction to the Falke brothers in this book is the stuff dreams are made of. Walk in to a store and find five gorgeous men eager to serve… well, one of them is a cougar at the time. Once again, I found myself running back to the store (aren't we glad that doesn't involve a car anymore?) to buy book one when I unknowingly started book two (Falke's Captive). This time I wasn'
Paranormal Kiss
Falke’s Peak by Anna Leigh Keaton and Madison Layle is an excellent Paranormal Erotica romance. It’s a sweet and erotic tale about two Puma shifters finding their mate. It’s very well written with characters that you’ll enjoy reading about. Brothers, Axel and Gunnar are Puma shifters and the hero’s in this tale. They are both great characters. They are protective and sexy but each has his own unique personality. Axel is more serious and considerate while Gunnar is spontaneous and fun. Their love ...more
  • Were She Belongs (Were Trilogy, #1)
  • When a Pack Dies (Wyoming Wild #1)
  • Claiming Their Mate (Pack Seduction, #1)
  • Maggie's Mates
  • Three Dog Night (Triple Trouble, #3)
  • Sanctuary (Sanctuary #1)
  • Alphas' Mate
  • New Year's Kiss (Wolf’s Heritage, #1)
  • Secret Cravings (Texas Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Dances with Wolves (Highland Wolves, #1)
  • Oriana and the Three Werebears
  • Winter of the Wolf (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #2)
  • Seducing Their Mate (Great Wolves of Passion, Alaska #1)
  • Battered Not Broken
  • Scared of Spiders
  • A Taste of Scarlet (Treeland Pack Tales)
  • Shifters' Captive (Magical Ménages, #1)
  • Edwina and the Seven Snowed-in Scientists
I grew up on a farm. No kidding. I did...complete with cattle, chickens, a passel of kids, and rows of vegetables. So, when I wasn't dodging siblings, feeding animals, or pulling weeds, I was hiding away in my bedroom with a book.

With maturity came love and marriage, and a real understanding of why my parents kept their bedroom door locked. *wink*
Now, I've turned a love of books into a sensual jou
More about Madison Layle...

Puma Nights (3 books)
  • Falke's Captive (Puma Nights #2)
  • Falke's Renegade (Puma Nights #3)