Start by marking “If Only They Could Talk: The Miracles of Spring Farm” as Want to Read:
If Only They Could Talk: The Miracles of Spring Farm

If Only They Could Talk: The Miracles of Spring Farm

Welcome to Spring Farm, where animals and people come together -- to explore their own natural ability to communicate with each other....
Something magical is happening on a small farm in upstate New York. Animals of all shapes and sizes are living side by side -- talking, listening, learning, and loving -- along with caring people who have come to learn the secrets of
Published October 18th 2005 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about If Only They Could Talk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If Only They Could Talk

Kathy
Mar 29, 2008 Kathy added it
a little bit "out there" - but these are my kind of people
Kristin
Nov 03, 2010 Kristin rated it did not like it
I thought it would never end. I have to say, in the interest of fairness, that I never would have read this book if it wasn't for book club. There is ESP communication with animals, animals who "say" they've been reincarnated from Indian medicine women or will be reincarnated as llamas, animals who "dictate" poetry, animals who communicate after their deaths... the list goes on. There are signs. There's the Earth Mother. There is so much ridiculous New Age mumbo jumbo that it's hard to see past ...more
Jess
May 09, 2012 Jess rated it it was ok
I have to point out that I think this woman is a complete (though well-meaning) wacko and much of the book made me want to tear my hair out. However I also found it quite entertaining and interesting. I don't buy that cats are amazing engineers who design buildings, or that they relay these plans to animal psychics, but the animals who filled this book were obviously very much loved and their personalities shine through all of the silliness.
Malka Essock
May 05, 2016 Malka Essock rated it it was amazing
this book starts out with a TERRIFYING first chapter!
the rest is so heartwarming though, my advice, is to start with the 2nd chapter and then go back and read about the fire, but, even out of the ashes of the fire, hope blossoms, what wonderful women and animals, and what wonderful hope for the world at large! and what inspiration... trust your heart and help yourself and others to have a good life!
Judy Conlin
Apr 09, 2008 Judy Conlin rated it liked it
I love animals and am glad that Spring farm takes abuse cases in and doesn't euthanize them. The stories about them were interesting. I could not understand how they claimed to talk with animals, however, but I do believe animals understand a great deal more than we think. Still my brain could not handle a shetland pony who dictated a poem about his life.
Sandie
Dec 19, 2014 Sandie rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Spring Farm is in upstate New York, a family farm where Bonnie Reynolds started taking in animals. Dawn Hayman became her business partner. This is their story. Is very well written. "An inpsiring true story about listening to the animals we love"
Elizabeth
Feb 06, 2009 Elizabeth rated it did not like it
I love animals, so this one was a simple read, topic wise. But the writing was definitely NOT my style.
Jadi Kindred
Nov 19, 2015 Jadi Kindred rated it it was amazing
This book was truly my inspiration for writing my own book and helped me to realize how philosophical animals truly are. My dream one day is to visit Spring Farm and thank them in person.
Deborah
Sep 26, 2012 Deborah rated it really liked it
This was recommended to me by a friend. It was a great read if you love animals. It mixes animals, nature, and metaphysics.
April
April rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2012
Sara Bug
Sara Bug rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2015
Candace
Candace rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2014
Phyllis
Sep 04, 2008 Phyllis rated it really liked it
I agree with Kathy on this. She wrote "A litle bit out there but my kind of people."
Valerie
Valerie rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2008
SKETA SKETA
SKETA SKETA rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2012
Shannon Rochester
Shannon Rochester rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2010
Amy Dale
Amy Dale rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2013
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2008
April Williams-Ginns
April Williams-Ginns rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2016
Amanda Inglis
Amanda Inglis rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2013
Eveliene
Eveliene rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2016
Kathy Gray
Kathy Gray rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2011
Rebecca Stanley
Rebecca Stanley rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Dora
Dora rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2012
Annie Shaw
Annie Shaw rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2013
Redag
Redag added it
Dec 18, 2008
Stacy Lewis
Stacy Lewis marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2009
Chris Lyons McKinley
Chris Lyons McKinley marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2009
Monak
Monak added it
Sep 14, 2009
Jad
Jad marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2011
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2012
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Swimarie
Swimarie marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Elizabeth Chipman
Elizabeth Chipman marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016