Start by marking “For the Love of Anna (The Town of Pearl, #1)” as Want to Read:
For the Love of Anna (The Town of Pearl, #1)

For the Love of Anna (The Town of Pearl #1)

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,241 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
“Take care of your father Anna, it’s all I ask,” was her mother’s dying wish. Anna tried her hardest, working double shifts and getting little rest, plus her dad is an abusive alcoholic. One night Anna is accosted in her home. Her father really did it this time, and two loan sharks are intent on collecting a debt. They threaten Anna’s life, want to prostitute her out to ma ...more
ebook, Nook, 200 pages
Published November 19th 2010 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc. (first published November 2010)

To ask other readers questions about For the Love of Anna, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For the Love of Anna

Colters' Woman by Maya BanksTheir Virgin Captive by Shayla BlackColters' Lady by Maya BanksTheir Virgin's Secret by Shayla BlackTheir Virgin Concubine by Shayla Black
Best Menage à Quatre Books
20th out of 214 books — 312 voters
Sweet Dreams by Kristen AshleyMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyMystery Man by Kristen AshleyLaw Man by Kristen AshleyThe Gamble by Kristen Ashley
Men Who Take Care of Their Women
91st out of 507 books — 439 voters

More lists with this book...

Jan 24, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Not sure how to review this book. It's a bit ridiculous but I'm loving ménage stories right. There is some good chemistry between the characters. And while Anna seems a little silly, the story isn't flat or dull. The heroes are delish...masculine, protective, loving; all good stuff and the reason I enjoyed the story despite it's silliness.
Robin
Jan 18, 2016 Robin rated it really liked it
This was a great surprise. New author for me and I really liked this one. Fast paced and easy to read. It had a interesting storyline with a group of characters that unfolded as the story unfolded. It is a menage story which I think was done tastefully and the scenes were very hot and descriptive. Great read and I will read ore for sure!!
Karen ♐
This is my first book by Dixie Dwyer and it certainly won't be the last. This book has menage, hot, hot sex, dominant Alphas and some suspense. And it all happens in a small town. Loved it. Anna is running from the bad guys that beat her up and almost raped her since her father owed them money. She runs to her best friend in Pearl, TX and meets 3 Alphas who happen to be brothers looking for their one and only.
Raine
The sex scenes were great with the menage, but the story line was just ok.
Laurie
May 06, 2014 Laurie rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, paid
I liked the premise of this book, there was a good story in here somewhere but it never came together for me. I think timeline wise, this book would work, but since it really glossed over some parts where the h was healing, it seemed like insta-love and came of as everything being rushed. The other thing I noticed was that the sex scenes were okay, but I found myself kind of skipping over them. This could be because I had a lot going on while I was reading today, but usually the sex scenes are m ...more
Blackravens Reviews
Jan 08, 2011 Blackravens Reviews rated it it was amazing
Lea’s Review:

For the Love of Anna is a beautiful love story written by the very talented Dixie Lynn Dwyer. In this story we meet a young woman narrowly escaping the horrors of her past to find her future in a most unusual and unforeseen situation.

With her very life at stake, Anna narrowly escapes the city and flees to the home of her only friend. Stacy has been completely in the dark about the dreadful situations Anna has been dealing with and welcomes Anna into her home with open arms. Stacy li
Emily
When her mother died, Anna promised that she would take care of her father, even though he was abusive, drunk, and did not show a grain of feelings towards her. When her father tries to sell her into prostitution, it is the last straw. Barely escaping with her life, Anna flees to Pearl to her only friend Stacey, until she can recover.

Wyatt, Charlie, and Ben Cantrell are the cousins to Stacey's men and take an automatic interest in Anna. Not only do they want to protect her, the think she is the
Becca Reads
I didn't really like this book. It has all the elements that should make it something I would like but the heroine just didn't work for me. It's also a case where I think a good editor could have made it a much better book.
CI
Aug 22, 2015 CI rated it it was ok
The only reason this got 2 stars instead of 1 was because I actually finished it. If you like a 3/4 book length lead up and then suddenly the shy, virgin, emotionally and physically abused h is taken it anally in a three way without any lube several times a night then enjoy what reads like a penthouse readers fantasy.
Kate Phoenix
2.5 Stars to be honest. I was in a book funk and this got me out of it but I found it hard to connect with Anna.
Alice
Jul 20, 2014 Alice rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars rounded up to 4. Love cowboys and a western setting. I think this may have been my first mfmm book, if not it's certainly one the few I've read. Very sweet, insta love, insta drama, all sorted very quickly. Pretty much add water and stir fun read. I picked this title up for .99 and held it for a bit, then finally read it for a challenge requiring either a covergasm or covergasm fail. This title's cover fell into the later category for me. Story overall was much, much, better than what ...more
Brutally Honest
This book bothered me a whole lot.

The heroine's abuse being a plot device at almost every turning point in the story was terrible. As emotionally damaged as she was, I really doubt she should have gotten into this whole relationship, and find it extremely far fetched.

(view spoiler)
Ericaceouss
May 11, 2015 Ericaceouss rated it did not like it
Bad. Bad bad bad bad. What a waste of money and time. The writing is terrible and the chemistry sucks. There are these three guys that see one girl and suddenly they love her and want to protect her. They have maybe 5 conversations through the entire story. It's tagged as "romance" but there's only one romantic scene as the end and saying it's rushed is an understatement.

Please don't read this book. It's so not worth it.
Victoria
Jan 28, 2015 Victoria rated it liked it
Stacy ' s story should of been 1st book instead of the 2nd . ..felt like I started in the middle of a story. Basically, it felt like I missed something with not knowing Stacy ' s story 1st. Anna's story was good but a little fast on the relationship side with the men in her life. What no dinner 1st?! lol
Stephanie Marsh
Nov 06, 2011 Stephanie Marsh rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
Well, I was just SHOCKED when young, innocent, very inexperienced Anna, who'd been abused and neglected by her father and then nearly raped by two thugs, would fall in love (and into bed) with the first threesome of strong, overly protective men she met. I mean, seriously. I just did not see that coming.
Cyn Mistress Kitty
I really liked this story. The 3 brothers were all hot. My only complaint was the heroine was a little too needy and I wanted her to quit crying all the time.
Nice start to this series.
Maja Jeppesen
Aug 19, 2015 Maja Jeppesen rated it really liked it
Dixie is quickly becoming one of my guilty pleasures authors. While the characters and the story be are a little flat, I'm not disappointed with the book as it delivers what it promises. A sweet happy ending to a sitcom drama like problem with lots of sexy scenes. And even if the character Anna is a bit simple, I still found her relatable in n some of dilemmas like taking the risk of finding happiness after having preventing herself that right for so long. If you're looking for a sophisticated r ...more
Tammy  Rigney
Dec 13, 2010 Tammy Rigney rated it it was amazing
A very touching menage story. I officially now have a new favorite author. I read this straight through in one sitting. VERY good.
May 08, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing
Anna survived not one but two really horrible beatings from two really evil sons-of-monkey-turds who got what they truly deserved in the end. No one should be allowed to ever hit anyone weaker than them and certainly no child should ever grow up with a father like the one Anna had, nothing like poetic justice.
Child abuse is a real thing and I seriously believe that some people should be licensed to become parents and I always wondered if in some cases it continued into adulthood and well even t
Barbara
Feb 17, 2016 Barbara rated it it was ok
You ever read a book and you kept thinking "why am I reading this" but you can't stop? Well, this was that book for me.

Anna's dying mother tells her to take care of her father. Her father subsequently, is an alcoholic who beats her then tries to pawn her off on two goons sent by the loan shark he owed money to. Anna would be his payment...Nice dad...

Anna escapes and runs to her BFF in Texas where she meets 3 hot cowboys.

I love to read menage stories. And I love cowboys. What I don't love is a he
Katya
May 21, 2014 Katya rated it really liked it
Shelves: spicey
ValerieC
Anna is on the run from NY mobsters that want to use her as a prostitute to pay back her alcoholic father's $30,000 debt. After being beaten severely, and having her father give her away to the thugs in exchange for his debt, she escapes out the bedroom window and down the fire escape. Anna goes to her only friend, Stacey, who lives with Eric and Max Cantrell on the Circle T ranch in Pearl, TX.

After Anna shows up, badly beaten, the three cousins of Eric and Max fall head over heels for Anna.

This
Funzee Shu
Jan 01, 2013 Funzee Shu rated it really liked it
Malang betul nasib si Anna ini, sudah di tinggal mati ibunya karena kanker,masih harus “mengurusi” ayahnya yang suka abuse dan mabok.
Karena hutang2 sang ayah pada lintah darat pula lah,hidup Anna kian mengenaskan, ibarat sdh jatuh tertimpa tangga pula.

Suatu hari, sepulang dari kerja, Anna di kejutkan dengan kedatangan dua pria sangar yang mencari keberadaan ayahnya.
Anna pun di hajar habis2an,ketika di dapati fakta bahwa ayah Anna tak mungkin melunasi hutang2nya, mereka pun berniat “menjual” Anna
Tania
I thought book was okay, storyline was nothing special. I've been really into the "damsel in distress" scenario where the heroine needs strong, dominate alpha males protectors, but I thought Anna was such a weak character beyond repair.

I know her story is sad. An abusive drunk for a father that sees her only as an ATM. She was almost raped and sold as a whore but managed to escape for find her friend Stacy all while battered up with 2 broken and 3 bruised ribs. I think that's where all her hero
Dec 11, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
READ 2ND BOOK FIRST THEN THIS ONE. not sure why they are the wrong way round but read Stacy story 1st then Anna. This book is good. The story is darker then I thought it would be. Anna finds gangster in her apartment she shares with her father, demanding money they don't have. Her father turns up and after some debate about payment they threaten to take Anna and use her to make payment back. Through all this Anna is hoping her father comes thro and saves her. Instead he say they can have her to ...more
Dami (Damiellar)
I'm agreeing with others that despite this being the first in the series it makes a heap more sense for it to come after Stacy's Destiny. Fortunately I happened across the latter first so I did read them in that order. Anna has an excessively overdeveloped sense of familial responsibility, to the point of stupidity in point of fact. Still, it does set up a suitable tension to propel a story.

I did enjoy this book but the 'Vinny and Jake storyline' felt a bit disconnected. We see them getting read
Jennifer Hajdics
Worst Menage book I've ever read.

Thank god this book was only $.99 or I'd be thoroughly irritated for wasting money on it. The story was so unoriginal despite all the reviews I read. Totally unimaginative. And so predictable! And seriously, the next book in the series is more than $8.00 on Kindle! No thank you very much.
Brandi
Jul 20, 2015 Brandi rated it liked it
A naughty read for sure! I could've done without the mafia angle (since it hardly lasted a few pages) but I enjoyed learning all about the Cantrell brothers. I liked that their individual personalities shined through and I loved how they showed everyone their love for Anna. Totally hot and very swoon-worthy!
Future-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮ Nynaeve ♥
Apparently I can't be trusted to look at the bad romance covers topic over at Unapologetic Romance Readers because I see these and I just have to read them, for science.
Ruth Hambley
Jun 07, 2015 Ruth Hambley rated it it was amazing
Good

An enjoyable read. Well written and easy to read. Very understanding of the emotional impact of a beating. If you enjoy reading menage then you will love it.
  • Dakota Ranch Crude (Dakota Heat, #2)
  • Maya's Triple Dare (Divine Creek Ranch, #6)
  • Good Horses, Fast Cars and Real Men
  • Her Ex-Marines (Slick Rock #3)
  • Two to Love (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #2)
  • Unbridled and Undone (The Double Rider Men's Club, #1)
  • Kansas Heat (Kansas Heat, #1)
  • Hardcore Cowboys (Ride 'em Hard, #1)
People seem to be more interested in my name than where I get my ideas for my stories from. So I might as well share the story behind my name with all my readers.

My momma was born and raised in New Orleans. At the age of twenty, she met and fell in love with an Irishman named Patrick Riley Dwyer. Needless to say, the family was a bit taken aback by this as they hoped she would marry a family frien
More about Dixie Lynn Dwyer...

The Town of Pearl (9 books)
  • Stacy's Destiny (The Town of Pearl, #2)
  • Lena's Happily Ever After (The Town of Pearl, #3)
  • Millie's Second Chance (The Town of Pearl, #4)
  • Sage's Story (The Town of Pearl, #5)
  • Diane (The Town of Pearl, #6)
  • Armored Hearts (The Town of Pearl, #7)
  • Just One Kiss: A Holiday Story (The Town of Pearl, #8)
  • Badge of Honor (The Town of Pearl, #9)