Start by marking “Erasmus Montanus or Rasmus Berg” as Want to Read:
Erasmus Montanus or Rasmus Berg

Erasmus Montanus or Rasmus Berg

3.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  409 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
PEER. If he wants to dispute with me, he will find that I can hold my own; and if he wants to have a singing match with me, he will get the worst of it. I once had a singing contest with ten deacons and beat every one of them, for I outsang them in the Credo, all ten of them.
Published September 10th 2010 by Kessinger Publishing (first published 1723)

To ask other readers questions about Erasmus Montanus or Rasmus Berg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Erasmus Montanus or Rasmus Berg

Sabine
Nov 02, 2015 Sabine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
møj finurlig :-))
Melissa
I did not understand anything of what I just read :S Other than that ending was the weirdest ever x) I can't rate it until I have thoroughly analysed this at school!
Håvard Bamle
Mar 30, 2016 Håvard Bamle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-books
Every time I read enlightenment literature I feel like the same theme reappears. There is a frustration over the inadequacy of syllogismic logic. At the same time, writers do not yet have the language to express their frustration. Irony becomes the most important tool of social critics, and everything is brought under the scrutiny of satire. Who knows: if Frege had lived a hundred years sooner we may never have seen the French revolution?
Neva
Feb 13, 2015 Neva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
This play is too real.. If you change the disputations to modern issues you will see many Montanus bergs in modern media. Crazy how spot on an old play like this can be. Worth the read. Also quite funny. Read it with a group! Plays are best with friends
Emilie Andersen
Mar 05, 2015 Emilie Andersen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-for-school
I'm both highly amused and a bit pissed off after reading this! The humour in this comedy was just my area; I especially loved when Erasmus/Ramus convinced his mother that she was in fact a stone or when he made the deacon cry because he convinced him, he was a cock! haha! I laughed loudly at that! At the same time I also feel a bit pissed off because Erasmus might have been quite pretentious, and had what was coming to him, but the guy was right about the earth being round. It didn't matter tho ...more
Amy
Aug 24, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The comedic tale of Erasmus Montanus by Ludvig Holberg has readers question whether intelligence is the product of book learning or does street smarts result in credibility. Montanus comes home spouting egotistical opinions and his superiority over his friends and loved ones. Jumping to conclusions and making rash decisions forces his community to give him a brush with reality.
Julie Rasmine Larsen
Jeg er vild med alt, hvad Ludvig Holberg har skabt. Hans ironi, komikken, dramatikken. Ironiske moraler og samtidssatire, når det er allerbedst! Erasmus Montanus er en fantastisk bog, som alle bør læse - gerne to gange. En af oplysningstidens største forfattere.
Rebecca
Sep 30, 2014 Rebecca rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uni
I liked it but I dunno, some of the other stuff I read has touched me more than this. When that's said, it's quite funny though.
Frederik
Jan 01, 2010 Frederik rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ce grand classique de la comédie danoise qui date du 18ème siècle ma fait beaucoup rire.

Le protagoniste souffre de "delusions of grandeur" puisquil a fait des études á Paris ce qui lui permet de se rebaptiser de Rasmus Berg á Erasmus Montanus et de croire
que tout le monde lui est inférieur. Cela provoque des situations absurdes et très drôles quand les paysans se montrent beaucoup plus sages que lui.

A lire pour tous les narcissistes au monde qui ont trop pris la grosse tête et qui se croient roi
Robert Hyman
Jan 17, 2015 Robert Hyman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Det ar alltid morsomt å se på idioter som tror at de er kloke!
Line
Jan 13, 2015 Line rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe 1,5 star?
School book
Cecelia
I thoughout this showed the conflict between old and new thought processes and points of view well but its a little slow for me, I know I know its several hundred years old but its slow no matter what.
Morten
Hvad er viden og uddannelse, hvis det ikke gør gavn eller kan dokumenteres over for andre?
Fangtasia
Jul 22, 2013 Fangtasia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So Funny! A must read ;)
Rikke B.
Read at school.
Mette Jensen
Mette Jensen rated it liked it
May 27, 2016
Lotte Forstberg
Lotte Forstberg rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
Fanny Skirbekk
Fanny Skirbekk marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Asta Skirbekk
Asta Skirbekk marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Jostein Saxegaard
Jostein Saxegaard marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Kenneth
Kenneth rated it liked it
May 12, 2016
Ulrikke Hedegaard
Ulrikke Hedegaard rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
Tom Nekstad
Tom Nekstad rated it liked it
May 08, 2016
Prachi
Prachi rated it liked it
May 03, 2016
Thomas Vestergaard
Thomas Vestergaard marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
May 01, 2016
  • Forrådt
  • Pillars of Society
  • Hærværk
  • Barndommens Gade (The Street of Childhood)
  • Erik Menneskesøn
  • Dr. Zukaroffs Testamente
  • Kick Me in the Traditions
  • Pseudolus
  • Zappa
  • Revolution (Africa Trilogy #2)
  • The Liar
  • Radiator
Ludvig Holberg, Baron of Holberg, a writer, essayist, philosopher, historian and playwright born in Bergen, Norway during the time of the Dano-Norwegian double monarchy, spent most of his adult life in Denmark. He was influenced by Humanism, the Enlightenment and the Baroque. Holberg is considered the founder of modern Danish and Norwegian literature and is best known for the comedies he wrote in ...more
More about Ludvig Holberg...