Start by marking “Hannah's List” as Want to Read:
Hannah's List

Hannah's List (Blossom Street #7)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  6,736 ratings  ·  651 reviews
On the anniversary of his beloved wife's death, Dr. Michael Everett receives a letter Hannah had written him.

In it she reminds him of her love and makes one final request. An impossible request. I want you to marry again. She tells him he shouldn't spend the years he has left grieving—and she's chosen three women she asks him to consider.

First on Hannah's list is
Published April 26th 2011 by Mira (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Hannah's List, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hannah's List

Jacqueline
I've been avoiding this author, not consciously, just with an fairly good idea that what she writes is not really my cuppa. (Ahh...patio furniture novels). But I felt like it was time I tried one, so I'd know whether or not to recommend them. I tend to be not as interested in what I call 'sweet' or 'gentle' romances. This was definitely of that sort.

I will say that I did not like the choice to mix the 1st person POV of the hero with 3rd person POV for the three women involved. Pick one or the o
Roisin
Once in a while most readers stumble across a book that leads them to ask "How was this ever published?" For me, Hannah's List is that book. I'll start by saying I'm not a fan of romance and tend to avoid the genre. But, I read the blurb about this book and was intrigued. The idea is brilliant and had the potential to be an excellent story. I also read the reviews on Goodreads, and there were some pretty good ones. So, I thought, I'm trying new things, how about giving romance a chance? So I did ...more
Wanda (Good Choice Reading)
"Hannah's List" is another first for me. This is my first book by Debbie Macomber. Debbie has such a good sense of how to manipulate the reader to really care about the characters. I love this book. I read it in 2 days. That's how good it is.

Let me start off that the main character in this book "Michael" loses his wife Hannah to cancer. And on the year of his wife's death his brother-in-law gives him a letter from his dead wife. Hannah wrote a letter for Michael before she died explaining how sh
Romancing the Book
If you've read any of my old reviews, you know that I'm a big Debbie Macomber fan. She knows how to weave a good story and tug at the heartstrings. So, when I was approached by Big Honcho Media to help with their media blitz to promote Debbie's newest release, I jumped at the chance. Today, you're getting a review of Hannah's List. And tomorrow, we're starting a contest that will give away 3 copies of the book as well as an extra special prize.

But today is about the review...

Occasionally, we get
Danielle
UPDATE 5/19: Okay, I couldn't do it. I got 120 pages in and got bored, so I skipped ahead to the last few pages to see how it ended. Yawn. I have a hard time reading authors who spend all their time telling, and no time at all showing. This was very much a write-by-numbers sort of book which I find painfully boring. No more Macomber for me.

Yes, it's a romance novel. Shut up. :P This author is wildly popular, and I want to know why.
Christine Hatfield
i finished the book and i thought it was really good
Katie (It's Time to Read) Leversuch
This is number 7 in Debbie Macomber’s Blossom Street Series. I love this series – it is about friendship, love and knitting. These are fun, easy-to-read, heartwarming books that will appeal to most women.

This book follows Michael, a man who a year ago lost his wife to cancer. Hannah was the love of his life and her death devasted him. On the anniversary of Hannah’s death he goes out for dinner with her brother, who gives him a letter Hannah has written. In it she writes that she wants him to re-
Patti Loves FAB Romance
I saw the premise of this book and was intrigued. Dr. Michael Everett had been married to the love of his life, Hannah, for 12 years, until she died. The book starts on the one-year anniversary of Hannah's death. Hannah's brother Ritchie gives Michael a letter she had written before she died, asking Ritchie to give it to Michael after a year had passed. In the letter, Hannah tells Michael how much she loved him, and that she wants him to be happy. She then goes on to ask him to start dating agai ...more
Margaret
May 22, 2010 Margaret rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Margaret by: Nancy Berland PR
This is my first Debbie Macomber novel and not my last. It seems for some reason I always hesitate to buy the novels that most people are crazy over. It is my understanding that just her name will sell a book before synopsis or title is available. I would not say that this is my favorite author, but she was definitely enjoyable for a general market fiction. Coming as a reader of various genres I generally like my fiction to be tasteful and for the most part this was. There were about five sexual ...more
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
This wasn't up to Macomber's usual standards. It was a unique premise and rather unique that a man is the center focus of the romance novel. However, before half way through, you knew exactly how it would end, and who would end up with who. All that was missing was the details of how they'd get there. It wasn't bad. It was okay. But okay was all it was because I got bored because the ending was so predictable and I had half the book to go to get there. It was good enough I wouldn't tell anyone n ...more
Kristi
From the very beginning this book had me in tears. It was so sad, and hard to read I just wanted to cry. But finally it got better and better. By the end I had a smile on my face. It was such a sweet read. I love stories like this.
rivka
While overall somewhat predictable, some of the twists were unexpected and the entire book was very sweet -- at times heartbreakingly so. Bring tissues.
Carolynne
I guess I'm kind of a sucker for "letters from the dead" stories, like 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson. This is not as good as that one but it's a better than average romance. One year after his wife Hannah's death from cancer, Michael receives a letter from her urging him to start a new life. And she has three possible candidates picked out for him. We get to meet each of them and thoroughly concur with his final choice. But don't worry, the two lovely ladies who don't make the fina ...more
Debbie
It had been a year since Hannah’s death and while Michael Everett had continued his life, he still hadn’t moved on. Knowing her husband the way she did, Hannah left a letter with her brother, Ritchie (Michael’s best friend) with instructions of when to deliver it. One year after her death she was giving him one more last request, move on, re-marry, have kids, be happy. It would be a difficult request to fulfill so Hannah had given him the help he needed. The rest of the letter contained names of ...more
Fedora
A solid read, but not one my favorites from Ms. Macomber.

Michael is a doctor, whose wife Hannah passed away from ovarian cancer. They loved each other dearly, and she didn't want him wasting away the rest of his life and so wrote him a letter before she died and had her brother deliver it to him a year after her death. In it, she encourages him to continue living and to remarry, even suggesting three women that he get to know better to start. One is her cousin Winter, a restaurant owner nearby.
Jenny
There is something comforting about this type of book. It's one that you know you can turn to when you need a light read that can take you away for a minute. I don't read this genre of book that often because I sometimes feel like it's too predictable and sappy. And in some ways it was. But I have to say I also was pleasantly surprised by some aspects of this. First of all, while this book is not in the Blossom Street series, it apparently has some of the same characters; readers of that series ...more
Marcia Berg Haskell
"On the anniversary of his beloved wife’s death, Dr. Michael Everett receives a letter Hannah had written him.
In it she reminds him of her love and makes one final request. An impossible request — I want you to marry again. She tells him he shouldn’t spend the years he has left grieving her. And to that end she’s chosen three women she asks him to consider.
First on Hannah’s list is her cousin, Winter Adams, a trained chef who owns a café on Seattle’s Blossom Street. The second is Leanne Lancaste
Jodi
Really enjoyed this book. It was interesting to have the book mostly told from the man's (Michael's) point of view and seeing how he reacted to his wife's death and her list of possible future wives. Some parts were humerous but in a lot of ways this was much more serious than most Macomber books. I also loved that there was a tie-in to the Blossom Street books with one of the woman on Hannah's list being her cousin Winter who owns the French Cafe. Through that Alix and Lydia both made appearanc ...more
Brandy *Ahviel*
I have to say that I am growing more fond of Debbie Macomber's books with each on that I read. When I first choose to read Hannah's List I was not sure how I would take to it. Reading about how someone could ask there signficant other to move on when they are gone is heart wrenching in itself. Let alone thinking about having to do it in real life.
This can be a tear jerker in some parts. Just brace yourself if you venture out to read this book. It is a good read, it is light in other sections an
Susan
A woman, dying of cancer, wants her husband to remarry after she's gone and even makes him a list of potential wives? Sounds slightly improbable, but that is the plot of this book and apparently it is loosly based on a true incident. It spite of the subject matter it is not a depressing book. It actually has some lighter moments and characters,like Macy's irrascible neighbor Harvey. Some reviewers didn't seem to like the main character,Dr. Michael Everett,but I found him sympathetic and likeable ...more
Anne Holly
This book is a departure from your typical romance, which is something I appreciate - it's often hard to find new spins in an old genre. The premise is intriguing. The execution is... spotty, but, still, I liked it well enough, and it made for some cozy afternoon entertainment.

First, the hero was likable, though often dull and morose (to be expected, I guess, given the premise, but still). I also had a problem with him effectively "two-timing" multiple broken women at the same time out of some d
Mark Buehl
This was on of those books on my stack of books to read, but not in a hurry to read. My wife brought it home thinking I would like it. At first, I thought it was going to be a sad book, but in the end, not really. It was a good read with interesting characters and a good story. It was predictable, but not in a bad way. You wanted the story to have a good ending and you were not disappointed.
Debbie
Needing some light reading at the moment, Debbie Macomber has twice now transported me away from pain and sleepless nights after an accident and given me a thoroughly enjoyable read. A year after Dr. Michael Evertt loses his wife, Hannah, to cancer, he opens a letter from her. In the letter she suggests three women that she believes would make an suitable new wife.....
Lmmuzyka

Got this book because when I read the back of the book, thought it sounded interesting. Read it in two days, an easy read, and enjoyed it, but am not into cutesy books, so probably won't read anymore Debbie Macomber books.
Glenda L
I liked this book ...I like to read Debbie Macomber when I am looking for a relaxing easy read. Her books usually have great endings, however, predictable. I would recommend it to anyone who is a Debbie Macomber fan.
Claudia
A man receives a letter from his dead wife, one year after she is gone. In it she suggests 3 women for whom he might find love again. Loved this book, really gets to your heart. Another Debbie Macomber great read.
Katie Kimbro
It was ok, nothing special. I did like how he ended up seeing how someone completely different than himself was exactly what he needed. Sometimes you just have to be open to it.
Sandra
Sep 19, 2014 Sandra rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance lovers
Shelves: fiction, romance
Sweet story of a Dr. Michael Everett whose wife, Hannah has died of cancer a year ago. Her brother, Ritchie, also good friend to Michael, gives Michael a letter from Hannah that she wrote to him, telling him it was time to move on - she wanted him to marry again. She has also made up a list of three women to consider: her cousin, Winter Adams, Hannah's oncology nurse, Leanne Lancaster, and Macy Roth, an artist that Michael has never met.

While Macy lacks a family of her own, she adopts strays, hu
Katie
This book is pretty cheesy, but that's not always a bad thing. I lost track of how many times I rolled my eyes during the story though.
Tria
2.5 stars. I downloaded this novel in ebook form (epub) from my local library, using Overdrive.

I had high hopes for this book, as - unusually for something in the romance genre - its blurb and first chapter drew me in quickly, and that's usually a great sign. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way, nor did the book read anything like as well as I expected from its strong beginnings. It started out as quite an original tale, and most of the featured characters are reasonably well drawn and en
Read With Me: Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber 15 66 May 15, 2014 01:31PM
  • The Summer Hideaway (Lakeshore Chronicles, #7)
  • The Summer Garden (Chesapeake Shores #9)
  • Return To Sender
  • The Sweetgum Ladies Knit for Love (Sweetgum Knit #2)
  • Knit Two Together (Chicks with Sticks, #2)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)