Start by marking “On Berryhill Road” as Want to Read:
On Berryhill Road

On Berryhill Road

Navy Chief Handy McKniere wanted to build a home for his wife and daughter on Berryhill Road. But Handy was found dead and a suicide note on his typewriter said he stole from the Navy to pay for his dream home. Folks regarded him as a traitor, and thought his wife Rachel was his accomplice. What's it like growing up under a cloud of suspicion? Will Handy's daughter Fallon ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published December 1st 2009 by Tommie Lyn (first published May 22nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about On Berryhill Road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Berryhill Road

Carl J.
Jun 21, 2012 Carl J. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book sings!, June 3, 2012

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: On Berryhill Road (Kindle Edition)
Some stories whisper to you, others shout. This one sings. I absolutely loved the author's voice in this book. I loved the story, the language, the pacing, the twists, the problems, the solutions. Most of all, I loved Fallon. I couldn't help rooting for her every step of the way, even when she made poor decisions and did/said things that pised me off. And I loved Donovan.
Eddy Gilley
Sep 17, 2013 Eddy Gilley rated it it was ok
I was really excited about this book. Years ago I remember reading in a local (North West Florida) newspaper about Lyn. I forgot about her and this book until a couple of months ago. Having grown up in Milton, FL and still have family there, I was eager to read this book.

The book was sort of a let down for me. I gave it one star for the author being local, one-half a star for reading local streets, businesses, and points-of-interests in a published book, another one-half for the plot. Within the
George McVey
Jan 01, 2013 George McVey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very different from what I had come to expect in a Tommie Lynn tale. It was not supernatural and there wasn't an over abundance of death and murder. There was some just not the over abundance I came to expect. This instead was more of a coming of age tale. The heroine struggles to be what she thinks she needs to be for everyone around her. Enter the hero who is also a broken soul. The question in this tale is can two broken souls be the fix for each other? It is a great read and th ...more
Trish
Jun 28, 2010 Trish rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Won on goodreads. This is the story of how the daughter of Navy Chief James McKniere's struggles to make a life for herself and mother after a tragedy. Fallon meets Donovan who offers support and unconditional friendship. Donovan is also working through personal issues that are preventing him from moving on with his life. This story is sweet, sad, and has a little suspense toward the end. I really enjoyed the story of Fallon. I would have liked it more if the lose ends were tied up a bit more bu ...more
Debbie Ruryk
May 24, 2016 Debbie Ruryk rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating!

This is a well written story. The way the author wrote about the characters seemed to awaken my emotions as to what they were experiencing. I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next! I want more! I loved the fact that the main setting was in Milton, because it's surroundings are familiar to me.
Ronald Ward
Apr 29, 2014 Ronald Ward rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gripping story that's hard to put down.

Gripping story that's hard to put down.

Great story with a lot of drama. Each time I needed to to take a break from reading, I found it hard to put the book down. A good read for anyone who can relate to a life of struggle and hard times.
Albert
Sep 08, 2012 Albert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little more on the romance side than I usually like. I still enjoyed the read and it shows the author's ability with the written word to keep me interested in the storyline rather than turned away by the romance. Nothing against romance novels just not my cup of tea.
Pauline Creeden
Mar 30, 2012 Pauline Creeden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An emotional ride, this book grabs a hold of you and doesn't let go. Fallon is a strong & heroic character who will leave a lasting impression. This is the story of her first love and self discovery.
Tammie
May 22, 2010 Tammie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely lovely wonderful.......another interesting book to add to my Giveaway win pile for summer reading!!

I love this site!!! New review soon!!
Gayle
May 11, 2012 Gayle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
"On Berryhill Road" was a nice story, but I couldn't help feel like there was a lack of character development regarding several of the characters. Easy read, good underdog theme.
Michael Bell
Michael Bell rated it really liked it
May 24, 2014
Akaye
Akaye rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2010
Sybil Wood
Sybil Wood rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2014
Sharon Schile
Sharon Schile rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2016
Nancy Ellefson
Nancy Ellefson rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2015
Lisa Grace
Lisa Grace rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2010
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2014
Donald Zeringue
Donald Zeringue rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2016
Debbie Ruryk
Debbie Ruryk rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
Lee
Lee rated it it was ok
Jul 22, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Linda L Leslie
Linda L Leslie rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2012
Wendy
Wendy rated it really liked it
May 08, 2012
Mary B. Clayborne
Mary B. Clayborne rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2014
Jacqui
Jacqui rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2012
Jen King
Jen King rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2012
Y.I. Lee
Y.I. Lee rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2012
Tanya
Tanya rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2013
Joleen Johnson
Joleen Johnson rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2012
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2016
3020838
Tommie Lyn grew up in the Appalachian foothills of north Georgia immersed in firelight whispers. She listened spellbound as older generations spun chilling tales of local events, including stories of the supernatural. And sometimes, they even used the word "murder."

She carries on the tradition of her kinfolk, the storytelling magic guaranteed to rob hours of sleep and make the night come alive. On
More about Tommie Lyn...