Start by marking “A Daring Proposition” as Want to Read:
A Daring Proposition

A Daring Proposition

Leigh Sexton is desperate to have a baby, and Brian Hathaway would be the perfect bio-dad. One of Chicago's most notorious playboys, Brian is no family man, which suits Leigh just fine. An heiress and successful CPA, she is more than capable of raising a child alone. Now all she has to do is work up the nerve to ask Brian to impregnate her...artificially. Leigh has no inte

Published December 27th 2010 by Carina Press (first published January 1st 1983)

To ask other readers questions about A Daring Proposition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Daring Proposition

Book Binge
Jul 29, 2011 Book Binge rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review
The spoilers are clearly marked at the bottom of the review.

I was really enjoying this book until right close to the end. Then the main conflict came to a head and..honestly, I'm still a little confused by it. I did read somewhere that this is Greene's first published novel. She updated it for this release, but it still had a bit of a dated feel. Considering this was first published in the 1980s, I'm willing to be a bit more forgiving of it than I would otherwise.

Leigh is desperate for a baby. B
Feb 07, 2011 Dwayne rated it did not like it
Reviewed @ Girls Without a Bookshelf.

I hardly ever think contemporary romance genre is a worthwhile read, and whilst I appreciate being proven wrong, I am terribly disappointed I am proven right once again. The premise of A Daring Proposition sounds romantic and comedic enough to entice my interest, but it more than failed me.

I hoped for a good set of characters for this book, as the plot felt like something that can only orchestrated by strong characters. However, even that was a failure. While
Feb 07, 2011 rated it liked it
When I read this years ago it would have been a 4, now I'd give it a 3. Heroine is a little young to be so desperate.
Leigh would like nothing more in life than to have a baby. But she doesn’t want to go about it the traditional way. Leigh has inherited money from her parent’s but she’s not the type to sit back, relax and live off her inheritance. She enjoys a successful career as a CPA. She decides to approach Brian, a notorious playboy at a firm she audited, with a proposition: She’ll pay him $10,000 for his sperm with no strings attached.

Brian is tired of the gossip about his personal life. He sees Leigh’s p
Leigh desperately wants a child, but past sexual abuse has led her to fear all men. She believes that she is not capable of a regular relationship so she wants to use artificial insemination to get pregnant. Leigh has the perfect candidate in mind too, Brian is a successful architect whose creative, good looking, and is a complete playboy. Leigh believes that he is the perfect man because he has made it publicly known he doesn't want marriage and a family. But when Brian comes back with a propos ...more
The review was published in: Library of Lights

Date published: 14th January 2011

Link to review:

This book, Daring proposition by Jennifer Greene is about Leigh Sexton whose biological clock is ticking and wants to have a baby, by hook or by crook.

Leigh has plenty of money to raise a child and can’t quit her job as a CPA to focus on raising the baby. What Leigh doesn’t have is a man to father that baby. She’s not interested in the usual method of getting herself pregnan
May 17, 2012 Manda rated it liked it
I had a hard time with this book in the beginning. I just wasn’t pulled in right away. Leigh was going through a lot in the beginning of the book and everything felt really stiff and blah. I continued reading because I wasn’t completely bored.

The book really started picking up about halfway through when Leigh and Brian go to visit his family for Christmas. Up until that point everything seemed forced and drawn out. I loved the book at this point and forward. I really loved the chemistry that sta
May 13, 2013 Fatty rated it really liked it
Shelves: pregnancy
4.65 STARS !!
This was my first book my the author and I absolutely loved it. Though Mid way through the book her pregnancy was long forgotten and they were more focussed on knowing eachother and falling in love. Red(nickname of h given by Brian) had a tortured past and it was very sweet how Brian helped her through it even if it was forcefully and yet not forceful. Brian had issues od his own which he solved eventually. But the part that really made me cry was when the grandfather-figure Robert
Dec 31, 2010 Joy rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Contemporary romance in which a young woman propositions a successful businessman--but not for sex or marriage, but to be the father of her child (the fertility clinic way). He agrees to the deal on one condition: they must marry, even if only for convenience--he wants to be a father to his child. She agrees. This unlikely set-up out of the way, a charming tale unfolds as the marriage for convenience and sperm turns into a love match. In other words, this is much better than it sounds.
Keri Sullivan Tabor
Jun 13, 2013 Keri Sullivan Tabor rated it liked it
I believe this is a newly REPUBLISHED book, The Copyright says 1983.. which would make sense as to why not one person said anything to Leigh about her drinking any wine or champagne. I found it odd.

The book was slow and it was a little annoying, I understand why Leigh didn't want to let Brian in on her secret, but still.. I dunno.

It was a decent, I can see that Brian would make a great Dom.. if only it had been written as such.
Feb 10, 2016 Princess rated it really liked it
i cant believe i read a book that was published in 1983... it was a great story though
i cannot bear when leigh found robert was dead in his bed.. robert was the mixture of father mother friend to her.. i was so sad, i think i'll be in funeral mood for the rest of the day ;-(
leigh wAs such a strong woman.. sob sob ;-(((
I was really enjoying this book until right close to the end. Then the main conflict came to a head and..honestly, I'm still a little confused by it. I'm going to give it some time to settle before I write a full review.
Jul 05, 2011 Jen rated it really liked it
I love Jennifer Greene's writing. Another book of hers that I just couldn't put down. There were times I wanted to strangle Brian, but over all I enjoyed him as much as I enjoyed Leigh. I'm probable going to end up reading everything by her.
Feb 07, 2015 Virna rated it did not like it
This doesn’t really offer up anything new in the way of story,the plot was bad.
I have trouble sympathizing with a heroine.
Laura's Book Addiction
A likeable read with enjoyable characters but wished it had been told from both characters POV not just Leigh.
Rappaccini's  Daughter
Rappaccini's Daughter rated it did not like it
Sep 02, 2015
Kelly rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2013
Louanne rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2012
Colleen rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2014
Megen rated it it was ok
Mar 14, 2016
Gail rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2013
Kris rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2013
Brenda rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2011
Geetanjali rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2013
Jun 19, 2015 Sue rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
3.25 rating, It was good but not great. Plot had unexplored potential. Quick read
wltodd rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2014
Mini2 rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2011
Eileanoir rated it it was ok
Nov 19, 2013
Nicole rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2012
Becky rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Her Kind of Trouble
  • Against the Wind
  • The Most Expensive Night of Her Life
  • Construction Beauty Queen (Small Town, Big Dreams, #1)
  • The Loving Trap
  • Holding Out For Skye
  • Northern Lights
  • Honor
  • Candra's Freedom (The Golden Key Chronicles #2)
  • Lumber and Lace
  • Trouble
  • Lone Star Millionaire
  • The Marriage Surrender
  • Sins From Her Past (Scandalous, #1)
  • Night Angel
  • A Promise of Love
  • Eu Me Chamo Antônio
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
Winner of over 15 national awards, including the RWA Hall of Fame and the RWA Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award, Jennifer Greene weaves real issues, warm characters common-life humor, and page-turning romance and suspense into her stories.

Jennifer sold her first book in 1980, and since then has sold over 85 books in the contemporary romance genre. She won her first professional writing award
More about Jennifer Greene...