A Daring Proposition

A Daring Proposition

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  19 reviews

Leigh Sexton is desperate to have a baby, and Brian Hathaway would be the perfect bio-dad. One of Chicago's most notorious playboys, Brian is no family man, which suits Leigh just fine. An heiress and successful CPA, she is more than capable of raising a child alone. Now all she has to do is work up the nerve to ask Brian to impregnate her...artificially. Leigh has no inte

ebook
Published December 27th 2010 by Carina Press (first published January 1st 1983)

To ask other readers questions about A Daring Proposition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Daring Proposition

Book Binge Blog
The spoilers are clearly marked at the bottom of the review.

I was really enjoying this book until right close to the end. Then the main conflict came to a head and..honestly, I'm still a little confused by it. I did read somewhere that this is Greene's first published novel. She updated it for this release, but it still had a bit of a dated feel. Considering this was first published in the 1980s, I'm willing to be a bit more forgiving of it than I would otherwise.

Leigh is desperate for a baby. B...more
Dwayne
Reviewed @ Girls Without a Bookshelf.

I hardly ever think contemporary romance genre is a worthwhile read, and whilst I appreciate being proven wrong, I am terribly disappointed I am proven right once again. The premise of A Daring Proposition sounds romantic and comedic enough to entice my interest, but it more than failed me.

I hoped for a good set of characters for this book, as the plot felt like something that can only orchestrated by strong characters. However, even that was a failure. While...more
Tina ⽊ Special Agent Smut Monster of the Pentagram of Death ⽊
As much as I loved the last Jennifer Greene book I read is about how much I disliked this one.

I never connected with the characters, in fact I disliked both of them from pretty much page one. I kept going because it was sort of like a train wreck and I just had to see where it was going and how it would end up.

The ending was not satisfying, the big resolution a let down and the HEA did not seem authentic to me.

Too bad but this was not a win for my reading tastes.
Jenreadsyahoo.com
When I read this years ago it would have been a 4, now I'd give it a 3. Heroine is a little young to be so desperate.
Becca
Leigh desperately wants a child, but past sexual abuse has led her to fear all men. She believes that she is not capable of a regular relationship so she wants to use artificial insemination to get pregnant. Leigh has the perfect candidate in mind too, Brian is a successful architect whose creative, good looking, and is a complete playboy. Leigh believes that he is the perfect man because he has made it publicly known he doesn't want marriage and a family. But when Brian comes back with a propos...more
Cleffairy
The review was published in: Library of Lights

Date published: 14th January 2011

Link to review: http://mykindaland.com/?p=69

This book, Daring proposition by Jennifer Greene is about Leigh Sexton whose biological clock is ticking and wants to have a baby, by hook or by crook.

Leigh has plenty of money to raise a child and can’t quit her job as a CPA to focus on raising the baby. What Leigh doesn’t have is a man to father that baby. She’s not interested in the usual method of getting herself pregnan...more
Colleen
Leigh would like nothing more in life than to have a baby. But she doesn’t want to go about it the traditional way. Leigh has inherited money from her parent’s but she’s not the type to sit back, relax and live off her inheritance. She enjoys a successful career as a CPA. She decides to approach Brian, a notorious playboy at a firm she audited, with a proposition: She’ll pay him $10,000 for his sperm with no strings attached.

Brian is tired of the gossip about his personal life. He sees Leigh’s p...more
Manda
I had a hard time with this book in the beginning. I just wasn’t pulled in right away. Leigh was going through a lot in the beginning of the book and everything felt really stiff and blah. I continued reading because I wasn’t completely bored.

The book really started picking up about halfway through when Leigh and Brian go to visit his family for Christmas. Up until that point everything seemed forced and drawn out. I loved the book at this point and forward. I really loved the chemistry that sta...more
Fatty
4.65 STARS !!
This was my first book my the author and I absolutely loved it. Though Mid way through the book her pregnancy was long forgotten and they were more focussed on knowing eachother and falling in love. Red(nickname of h given by Brian) had a tortured past and it was very sweet how Brian helped her through it even if it was forcefully and yet not forceful. Brian had issues od his own which he solved eventually. But the part that really made me cry was when the grandfather-figure Robert...more
Rynna
there is no chemistry between two main character..
Joy
Dec 31, 2010 Joy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
Contemporary romance in which a young woman propositions a successful businessman--but not for sex or marriage, but to be the father of her child (the fertility clinic way). He agrees to the deal on one condition: they must marry, even if only for convenience--he wants to be a father to his child. She agrees. This unlikely set-up out of the way, a charming tale unfolds as the marriage for convenience and sperm turns into a love match. In other words, this is much better than it sounds.
Keri Anne Tabor
I believe this is a newly REPUBLISHED book, The Copyright says 1983.. which would make sense as to why not one person said anything to Leigh about her drinking any wine or champagne. I found it odd.

The book was slow and it was a little annoying, I understand why Leigh didn't want to let Brian in on her secret, but still.. I dunno.

It was a decent, I can see that Brian would make a great Dom.. if only it had been written as such.
Jen
I love Jennifer Greene's writing. Another book of hers that I just couldn't put down. There were times I wanted to strangle Brian, but over all I enjoyed him as much as I enjoyed Leigh. I'm probable going to end up reading everything by her.
Holly
I was really enjoying this book until right close to the end. Then the main conflict came to a head and..honestly, I'm still a little confused by it. I'm going to give it some time to settle before I write a full review.
Laura YA indie princess
A likeable read with enjoyable characters but wished it had been told from both characters POV not just Leigh.
Sue
3.25 rating, It was good but not great. Plot had unexplored potential. Quick read
Ann (Noumena12)
An enjoyable read with great characters.
Stella
review coming soon...
Erica
Aw, this was cute.
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Beerchen
Beerchen marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Angell
Angell marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
May 25, 2014
Winner of over 15 national awards, including the RWA Hall of Fame and the RWA Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award, Jennifer Greene weaves real issues, warm characters common-life humor, and page-turning romance and suspense into her stories.

Jennifer sold her first book in 1980, and since then has sold over 85 books in the contemporary romance genre. She won her first professional writing award...more
More about Jennifer Greene...
Blame It On Cupid Blame It on Paris Blame It on Chocolate The Woman Most Likely To... Where Is He Now?