Start by marking “Guardianes del tiempo” as Want to Read:
Guardianes del tiempo

Guardianes del tiempo (Time Patrol #1)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  752 ratings  ·  20 reviews
«El Tiempo no es rígido; el hombre tiene libre albedrío. Si usted fracasa, la Historia cambiará», afirma un personaje de este libro. Pocos escritores han sabido sacar más provecho del viaje en el tiempo que Poul Anderson. Escritor versatil y dotado de sólidos fundamentos científicos y reconocido amor a la historia, el norteamericano de origen escandinavo urdió una serie de ...more
Published 2003 by Pulp Ediciones (first published September 1960)

To ask other readers questions about Guardianes del tiempo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guardianes del tiempo

Gabriel C.
See, this is exactly the wrong way to go about time travel. Acknowledgement of paradox, but with a technical but garbled and meaningless explanation instead of a clearly thought out consistency (Bring the Jubilee) or a hallucinogenic inconsistency (Empire Star). Let's toss in an elitist group of guardians who seem to spend all their time bending the rules for pure nepotism. Maybe we can make them essentially disinterested in death and suffering except insofar as it directly affects their friends ...more
Mark
I was lucky enough to meet Mr. Anderson while working on a petition drive in the early 80's. This book is a set of four stories from his series titled "Time Patrol" that ran in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction, written between 1955 and 1959. for their era actually, they still read really well. Despite the fact that recent news has given us the kibosh to time travel (at least, perhaps, for travel to the past) such a notion was instrumental, of course, in the development of the genre. I ...more
V.W. Singer
Given that the first story in the book Guardians of Time by SF grand master Poul Anderson, "Time Patrol" was published in 1955, and taking into account the technology of the period, that story and all the others in the Guardians of Time were an extremely impressive achievement, as well as a thoroughly entertaining read. The book contains five stories, all featuring the same principal character and in (his) chronological sequence.

[Spoiler Alert] – I'm going to mainly talk about the themes and con
Andrea Bampi
Grossa delusione. Raramente ho faticato così tanto a finire un libro: lasciato da parte più volte, alla fine mi sono deciso perchè non ne ho mai realmente abbandonato uno in vita mia.
Comunque: "mediocre" è la prima parola che mi viene in mente - non vedo una singola ragione per consigliare a qualcuno questa raccolta (o meglio selezione) di racconti, pur apprezzando solitamente l'autore. Diciamo che con la serie della "Time Patrol" non ha propriamente dato il meglio di sè: forse la peggior teoria
Lyn
Ray Bradbury put forth the idea that science fiction was just a sub-genre of fantasy; essentially a fantastic imaginative literature that was established with a scientific foundation. Within this sub-genre, there exists the sub-sub fantastic genre of time travel. Time travel novels owe lineage to H.G. Wells and The Time Machine, first published in 1895. However, I think many modern time travel books may be connected to Ray Bradbury’s classic short story “The Sound of Thunder” with it’s butterfly ...more
Stas
I was enchanted with these stories when I was a kid. Maybe because after i learned about the passage of time - an event which came later, i think, then the first death in the family (although, perhaps closely following it) - and realized the finiteness of its personal use span, a time-travel fantasy became a positivist substitute for a more dangerous fantasy adolescent boys can be prone to: that of one's personal immortality.

Re-reading these now, I still derive some slight pleasure from catchin
Alex
The best ScFi is concerned with the question "What if ?" Well, what if someone threatened to travel back in time and stop your father meeting your mother so you were never born ? That's when you'd want to call in Poul Andeson's Time Patrol, recruited from everywhere and everywhen, to counter such mischievous intererence with the proper order of things.
Anderson's hero is recruited in the mid 20th Century, then plunged into a series of temporal scenarios where, amongst other things, the Carthagin
Aleix Dorca
Fun stories, simple endings though. Has no problems with paradoxes because time 'heals' itself. Heinlein's time-travel stories were more 'serious'.
Maria
the patrolman spent more time changing time than guarding it. it didn't seem to matter that there were rules since they were just ignored.
Harry
Wonderful stories for the imagination! I first read this when I was 15 and I've never been the same. I especially loved the short story Delenda Est. Mr. Anderson opened up an infinite universe of possibilities for me and I've been in love with science-fiction and alternate-history ever since.
Dale Rosso
Great scifi stories in the classic style.
Dark-Draco
I really liked this - four stories about the same character, who works for an organisation that patrols time. Excellent!! I loved the four scenarios and what the one little thing that changed did to the rest of the world!!
Maitrey
Good collection of "What-If?" stories. Having said that, the only reason I picked up this dated collection is because it was one of the pioneers in the time-travel genre (and how not to write them now.
Herman
Een boek dat ik minstens éénmaal per jaar herlees. Ongelooflijk hoe helder Anderson het verleden beschrijven kan en hoe perfect zijn verhalen in elkaar zitten.
Een van de allerbeste SF-auteurs ooit.
Amy Buckingham
This is a great book. Time travel at its best. The strong main character and his adventures in preserving different historic times are just wonderful. A lot of fun to read. Revs up the imagination.
Harold
A sentimental favorite of mine. Four novelettes about the Time Patrol. The stories here have a zest and compactness that make them quite entertaining.
Carrie
Interesting connected short stories... it left me wanting more.
Margareth8537
Read it because I enjoy SF, but not very impressed
Heather
May 09, 2012 Heather marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: speculative
Recommendation from Jo Walton's "Among Others."
Simontt
Simontt marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
  • Times Without Number
  • Up the Line
  • The Last Starship from Earth
  • Hello Summer, Goodbye
  • The Proteus Operation
  • This Star Shall Abide (Children of the Star, #1)
  • Too Many Magicians (Lord Darcy, #2)
  • A Dream of Wessex
  • The Flight of the Horse
  • A Touch of Strange
  • Empire Star
  • Pilgrimage: The Book of the People (The People)
  • The Best Time Travel Stories of All Time
  • The Left Hand of the Electron
  • An Old Captivity
  • Warm Worlds and Otherwise
  • A Bridge of Years
  • The Dream Master
Pseudonym A. A. Craig, Michael Karageorge, Winston P. Sanders, P. A. Kingsley.

Poul William Anderson was an American science fiction author who began his career during one of the Golden Ages of the genre and continued to write and remain popular into the 21st century. Anderson also authored several works of fantasy, historical novels, and a prodigious number of short stories. He received numerous a
More about Poul Anderson...

Time Patrol (4 books)
  • Time Patrolman
  • The Year of the Ransom
  • The Shield of Time (Time Patrol, #5)
Tau Zero The Broken Sword The Boat of a Million Years Three Hearts and Three Lions The High Crusade