Start by marking “Lonely Planet USA's Best Trips” as Want to Read:
Lonely Planet USA's Best Trips

Lonely Planet USA's Best Trips

99 of the Country s Best Trips!
Whether you re a local looking for a long weekend escape, or a visitor looking to explore, Lonely Planet s Trips series offers the best itineraries and makes it easy to plan the perfect trip time and again.
Includes the Mid-Atlantic, New England, the South, Florida, the Great Lakes, the Great Plains, Texas, the Rocky Mountains, the Southwest
Published September 15th 2010 by Lonely Planet (first published September 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Lonely Planet USA's Best Trips, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lonely Planet USA's Best Trips

Carrie
May 28, 2017 Carrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would buy this book. How do I get a job as a travel writer? That's what I need to do w my life.
Tonileg
Oct 29, 2014 Tonileg rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: guides
2014 guide to some great American road trips on the mainland North America.
They split up the country in to 9 zones and then a mix of a long weekend to a week length of trip which is great it you don't have a whole week to take off. I would have like more East coast road trips around the Virginias or around the Carolinas because I have a slight obsession with Charleston and the little towns in the South. This is a good over view of travel ideas but you'll still have to do some 'trip advisor' rese
Lynda
Dec 31, 2012 Lynda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-bookpage
This is a great resource for those planning regional or cross-country trips. The trips contain stops at historic sites, tourist sites, clubs and bars, restaurants, and hotels. The writing has a friendly, informal narrative which allowed me to read this book from cover to cover. The format which divides the 99 trips into groups, also supports those who wish to read only sections for their area of intended travel.
Cat {Wild Night In}
This gave some really good ideas of road trips on the East Coast (esp. New England) and also on the West Coast. As I'm hoping to travel to these two parts of the US in the next 12 months, this book has been very helpful and given me a few super ideas as to which route/s I should go on.

There is however a lack of routes for the centre of the country, which may be less helpful for others.
Candy
Apr 28, 2014 Candy marked it as decided-not-to-read  ·  review of another edition
I looked through this a bit, but it is just brief lists of places- I guess I should decide where to go first, and then use this as a guide on the details. Really, I just love my home and garden and am not motivated to leave. When I do go somewhere, no matter how nice and interesting, I am always so happy to get home.
Natalia
Sep 14, 2015 Natalia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a good book for day dreaming about road trips, to actually plan one of the trips, you'd probably need a guide for the specific trip you're taking. It is informative, and has left me wanting to head out and see the country by road.
Ltorrealba
Not enough detail to be very helpful for actual trip planning, but too much detail to be enjoyable just for dreaming. But, I still read it... And it still made me want to hit the road!
Groovy Deb♥
Aug 07, 2014 Groovy Deb♥ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Would like more focus all small town America, but overall a great book!
Katie
Good guide to road trips on the East and West Coast of the US.
dcbcd
Sep 06, 2012 dcbcd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
A great reference for planning trips of all lengths within the US.
Laura rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2011
David
David rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Karen J
Karen J rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2013
Amber
Amber rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2015
Paulina
Paulina rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2012
Brian Rochester
Brian Rochester rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2015
Simon Exton
Simon Exton rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2016
Kay
Jun 25, 2013 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great help when planning a trip
Jane
Jane rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2017
Cameron Doolittle
Cameron Doolittle rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2017
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
May 09, 2016
Chiara Obert
Chiara Obert rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2017
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2011
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2015
Lorilin
Lorilin rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2011
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2013
Bee H
Bee H rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Monique
Monique rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2012
Rebecca A. Rogers
Rebecca A. Rogers rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2014
Bryan Le
Bryan Le rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • 1000 Ultimate Experiences
  • Top 10 London (DK Eyewitness Travel)
  • Magic Bus: On the Hippie Trail from Istanbul to India
  • Central America on a Shoestring
  • Top 10 Barcelona (DK Eyewitness Travel)
  • Forever Paris: 25 Walks in the Footsteps of the City's Most Illustrious Figures
  • Fodor's London 2012
  • How Your House Works: A Visual Guide to Understanding & Maintaining Your Home
  • Horatio's Drive: America's First Road Trip
  • Cambodia
  • Unpacked: Travel Disaster Stories by Tony Wheeler and Other Lonely Planet Authors
  • A Woman's Passion for Travel: True Stories of World Wanderlust
  • The Last Empty Places: A Past and Present Journey Through the Blank Spots on the American Map
  • Berlin (Lonely Planet City Guide)
  • Top 10 Rome (DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides)
  • Turkey
  • Where To Go When (Eyewitness Travel Guides)
  • Top 10 Paris (DK Eyewitness Travel Guides)
After graduating from college in Chicago, Sara jumped on a plane to the West Coast with just one suitcase and $100 in her pocket. She landed in crazy San Francisco, and today makes her home in a beach town on the California coast. She also spent three years living in Japan, after which she followed her wanderlust around Asia for almost a year before returning to the USA, where she has worked as a ...more
More about Sara Benson...