Start by marking “Freeze My Margarita (Sam Jones, #4)” as Want to Read:
Freeze My Margarita (Sam Jones, #4)

Freeze My Margarita (Sam Jones #4)

Best-selling author Rebecca Chance writing as Lauren Henderson

In her latest adventure Sam Jones finds herself up close and personal with the London theatre crowd as they attempt to mount a production of Midsummer Night’s Dream.

Of course things never seem to run smoothly when Sam’s around and pretty soon she’s drawn into a web of sexual intrigue, petty jealousy and cold blo
Published February 22nd 2000 by Crown Publishers/ Random House (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Freeze My Margarita, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freeze My Margarita

Lori
Mar 13, 2011 Lori rated it it was ok
Revisiting this series after a long time away. I love Sam Jones. She's the most unlikely heroine; an artist specializing in metal sculptures; edgy and very fringe. I also loved the setting of this whodunit, backstage during the production of A Midsummer Night's Dream. The cast of characters too are great, quirky and complex. However the mystery itself was lacking for me and the ending disappointing. However if you're looking for a light and enjoyable read in the mystery genre, Freeze My Margarit ...more
Jeri
Oct 05, 2010 Jeri rated it really liked it

"The man on his hands and knees in front of me had been there for a few minutes already, but in this establishment that was nothing out of the ordinary. I didn't realize at once that he was asking me something; the Velvet Underground were pounding lugubriously out of the speakers at a high enough volume to drown out anyone speaking in an appropriately servile tone of voice.

'Can I lick your boots clean?'

'I'm sorry, what?' I ducked my head. Rearing up on his knees, he said more loudly:

'Can I lic
Stven
Jun 06, 2012 Stven rated it really liked it
I like these. This is the second one I've read. Sam Jones is a very persuasive character and in this backstage mystery is surrounded by a host of theatrical types just as convincing, finely observed and finely rendered. A series not to be recommended if you are squeamish about more than one of the following: sex, drugs, rock and roll. Otherwise, jump on in.

Following the dictum that there is nothing that becomes outdated so quickly as modernity, these breezy novels now possess the aura of period
Martha
Mar 09, 2016 Martha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a bit of an odd read -- very unconventional in some ways, and quite unconventional in others. On one hand, there was something rather cozy about it, set as it was in a theater company beset by small acts of sabotage that led, inevitably and contentedly, to murder. On the other, however, the main character was a wonderfully independent, cynical woman whose sexual taste diverged far from the mainstream, and the story was so character-focused as to almost not really care about the inevitab ...more
Aristhyia
Nov 16, 2011 Aristhyia rated it it was amazing
Even though I initially set out reading the Sam Jones series with the firm idea that I would hate the main character... I can honestly say I can't get enough of the little private eye!

Freeze My Margarita has proven to be a rather entertaining read, and I honestly laughed out loud at many parts of it. I'll agree that for the great He-Is-The-Killer reveal scene I was expecting a little bit more, but I'm also quite content with how the novel progressed. This is the second book in the series I have
Writerlibrarian
Almost 4 stars. It's a entertaining romp of a chase for Sam who is hired to created mobiles for a reprise of Midsummer night dream. The actors, the director, the theater's people are all locked in a who did what and why struggle. Sam gets caught by the drama and kinda find someone who matches her wit and dry humor. It's a fun read, the fauna of the theater is well done. The culprit is not who I thought it was and it also wasn't an unlikely suspects. So win-win. A good plot, good atmosphere and c ...more
Kirsty Darbyshire

it's curious how both books i read at the beach had cold sounding titles. not much was frozen in this book except for the margaritas. very little mystery here, a three year old body turns up but seems to have very little to do with any of the main characters. it's more 'sam goes to the theatre' with a little bit of mystery in the background building up to some dangerous stuff near the end. enjoyable for the foreground and the characters rather than for the mystery element.

Winifred
sam jones gets a commission to make some mobiles for a stage production. a body is found and it is a young girl who had an audition for a part in a production. when reading this book you can envisage the cast members and how they interact with each other . some parts of this book are funny. good storyline.
Wealhtheow
Jul 02, 2007 Wealhtheow rated it really liked it
Shelves: battle-of-wits
These are pure delicious crack. I read this series back in high school and loved them, and they stand up to a reread. Sam is a highly-sexed sculptor who has a tendency to get involved in murder investigations. I really like her, and I really like her stories, which are funny, sexy *and* filled with suspence.
Michele Boyd
Jun 28, 2010 Michele Boyd rated it really liked it
Definitely my favorite from all of the Sam Jones novels from Lauren Henderson. Sam is quippy and hilarious, and Hugo's character is still fresh and new, with the deliciousness that happens when two well-written characters are newly sparking off each other. The series kind of goes downhill a little after this, I feel, but I still have hope.
elizabeth
Jun 18, 2007 elizabeth rated it liked it
Solidly well-written and not-too-soft chick-lit mystery, with an added boon for those of us with theatre fetishes. And she handles the fetish well. Really, a beach-read for those of us who fancy ourselves part of the smart-yet-kinky set. Or, well, not even.
Virginia
Aug 13, 2012 Virginia rated it really liked it
Terrific fun. This was my introduction to Sam Jones and I loved reading the others although the series went on a bit too long.
Verity W
Jan 14, 2016 Verity W rated it really liked it
Shelves: fahrenheit-books
Another glimpse into bohemian life in late 90s Camden, but with murder, bitching and mayhem thrown in. Lots of fun.
Christine
Aug 14, 2007 Christine rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: if you like strong, free-spirited women detective types
this books is perhaps my favorite of lauren henderson's books featuring sam jones. i'm using this one to represent the whole lot since it seems silly to list them separately.
Sarah Jump
Sarah Jump rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2013
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2009
Mirahya
Mirahya rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2014
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
May 16, 2015
R. Izumi
R. Izumi rated it really liked it
May 27, 2010
Cecile
Cecile rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Mel Barnes
Mel Barnes rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2013
Baileyqueue Queue
Baileyqueue Queue rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2010
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2017
Monica
Monica rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2012
Raluca Grigorovici
Raluca Grigorovici rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2013
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2007
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2012
mike
mike rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2007
Shari
Shari rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2017
  • Tart Noir
  • Doctor Who: The Edge of Destruction
  • Better Off Dead: A Casey Jones Mystery
  • The Witch's Brat
  • Red Cat (John March, #3)
  • The Devil in Music (Julian Kestrel Mysteries, #4)
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Quandary Phase (Hitchhiker's Guide: Radio Play, #4)
  • The Theban Mysteries (A Kate Fansler Mystery #4)
  • The Jewel Trader of Pegu
  • Emperor Norton's Ghost (Fremont Jones, #4)
  • Three By Tey: Miss Pym Disposes, The Franchise Affair, and Brat Farrar
  • A Play of Treachery (Joliffe the Player, #5)
  • Secrets of Mary Magdalene: The Untold Story of History's Most Misunderstood Woman
  • The Sibyl in Her Grave (Hilary Tamar, #4)
  • Fever Season (Benjamin January, #2)
  • Zarafa: A Giraffe's True Story, from Deep in Africa to the Heart of Paris
  • Hearts and Bones (Hannah Trevor Trilogy, #1)
  • Doctor Who: Love and War
Born in London in 1966, Lauren Henderson read English at university and then worked as a journalist for - among other publications - the New Statesman, Marxism Today, the Observer and Lime Lizard, a much-mourned indie music magazine. Lauren now divides her time between Italy and London and, when not wine-tasting, writes full-time.
More about Lauren Henderson...

Sam Jones (7 books)
  • Dead White Female (Sam Jones, #1)
  • Too Many Blondes (Sam Jones, #2)
  • Black Rubber Dress (Sam Jones, #3)
  • Strawberry Tattoo (Sam Jones, #5)
  • Chained (Sam Jones, #6)
  • Pretty Boy (Sam Jones, #7)