Molly Cooper's Dream Date

Molly Cooper's Dream Date (The Fun Factor #5)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Pacific islander Molly Cooper has house-swapped her way into London's exclusive Chelsea. It's her dream to explore Britain...and meet a perfect English gentleman!Patrick Knight is finding Molly's chatty emails strangely compelling. The onetime city banker thought swapping his London pad for Molly's idyllic cottage would help him write his first novel--but it's not quite wo...more
Published January 4th 2011 by Harlequin (first published December 21st 2010)

Spirit Bound by Richelle MeadPerfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesSilence by Becca FitzpatrickHalo by Alexandra AdornettoRules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles
Couples on books Covers
117th out of 285 books — 180 voters
Fallen by Lauren KateEntwined by Heather DixonWither by Lauren DeStefanoTorment by Lauren KateParanormalcy by Kiersten White
Best Dressed
173rd out of 256 books — 91 voters

More lists with this book...

Audrey
I'm (pleasantly!) surprised to report that this book gets an enthusiastic 4-4.5 stars (giving it a little bit of upwards mobility in light of its being a <200 pages Harlequin).

Note that I was even tempted to go with a 4.5-5 stars, but I just couldn't dilute my 5 stars that way. This story stands out as a Harlequin, but on an objective level, too many little things get in the way of giving it that extra star.

The story, in brief.
Really, this will be brief. Molly and Patrick swap houses - her li...more
RLA
The heroine Molly lives alone on a small Australian island, after her grandmothers death she feels a bit lost and dreams of visiting London and meeting a true British gentleman. Persuaded by a friend, Molly decides to advertise for a home swap and this is picked up by the hero Patrick. Patrick is an overworked city banker in desperate need of a break with plans to write a book. When he comes across Molly's advert, quite by accident, he knows now is his chance and upon arriving he sees Molly's is...more
Sandra
Sweet romance about two strangers who house-swap for a few months (hero from London goes to Australia, heroine from Australia goes to London) and get to know each other through their e-mails. Mostly the whole book is told through e-mail correspondence or journal entries but it really works! Patrick was a wonderful hero! Recommended for anyone who ever wanted to visit London and meet an English gentleman!
Nicola Marsh
Five stars to Barbara Hannay for this book, because I'm in awe of how she pulled it off: she's written a romance where the heroine and hero are barely on the same page together...and it works!

Most of the book is written in diary or email form. Amazing.

A refreshing concept and incredibly hard to pull off, Barbara Hannay does it with style.
Samantha Janning
The second book that came in my fantastic package from Mills and Boon was Molly Cooper’s Dream Date by Barbara Hannay. Molly Cooper is living in Australia but desperate to visit London. She loves everything about London- especially the men. Molly knows she is destined to at least have one date with the perfect London gentleman. When she finds a house-swapping opportunity with Patrick Knight, a city banker that is desperate to escape and finally write a novel, it seems it was meant to be. Molly c...more
*~Sammy~*
I was really shocked when I saw how small this book was, but it turned out so much better than I thought it would be. I liked how this book went through their e-mails and journals, and when they met in person it was written like a normal book. This book had a very intriguing set-up and I really liked it. This book was fun and easy to read and wound up to be such a good story. It was refreshing to read a simple book like this and I loved it. The story was good and the characters were developed we...more
Melissa
As I read this, I sit and think. What if a man and woman do a house swap and end up falling in love without even meeting? Could it truly be a fairytale?
In this lovely book, you get to see it first hand. I love the way it is set out in dairy and e-mail message format, then there is the actual meeting of the characters. He really does try to fulfil her fantasy of dating an English gentlemen. All around good read. I also love how it is split between London and Australia.
Carrie
Jan 27, 2011 Carrie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
A very fun Harlequin romance. The story is told through emails and journal entries. The story moves quickly and although there are a few bumps in Molly and Patrick's relationship, it is very sweet and romantic.
J
This was alright. It's hard for me to like a book that doesn't provide a lot of hero-heroine interaction. Luckily, I also have a dream of one day finding a perfect english gentleman, so that helped.
Sami
So sweet and fabulous! Few authors could pull this off, but this was so well done. I read it in one sitting, something I never do. A keeper, definitely.
Chloe Clarke
Absolutely Amazing! Love the way it's written. Love the Characters and the romance and the relationship between Molly and Patrick. Great Book!
Debra
For a more detailed review, please visit my blog -

Debra's Book Cafe

Debs
Daphne
Me pareció una historia sencilla, rosa (pálido) y fácil de leer.

RR COMPLETO: http://www.daphnears.com/2013/06/lei-...
Michelle
Another winner from Barbara Hannay. A different concept to what you would expect and it really pulls you in.
Rachael Johns
One of THE BEST category romance books I've read this year! Just so delightful.
Amy
Cute story. The exchange of emails was an interesting way to tell it.
Karla
I enjoyed this sweet short romance, told mostly in emails.
Brie C.
Oct 23, 2012 Brie C. marked it as to-read
An epistolary Harlequin Romance? Count me in!
Harlequin Books
Sep 28, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
A
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Caitlin Berne
Caitlin Berne marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Multi award winning author, Barbara Hannay, is a city bred girl with a yen for country life. Most of her 40 plus books are set in rural and outback Australia and they've been enjoyed by readers around the world.
In her own version of life imitating art, Barbara and her husband currently live on a misty hillside in beautiful Far North Queensland where they keep heritage pigs, hens, ducks, turkeys an...more
More about Barbara Hannay...
Zoe's Muster Adopted: Outback Baby Home Before Sundown The Bridesmaid's Baby Blind Date with the Boss