Start by marking “Ordinary People” as Want to Read:
Ordinary People

Ordinary People

A collection of often hilarious, sometimes poignant, and always highly entertaining memoirs told from the individual viewpoints of each member of the Osbourne family - Ozzy, his manager wife Sharon, their 15-year-old son Jack and daughter Kelly, 16. It will also feature the couple's third child, Aimee, who declined to take part in the show and lived in the guesthouse durin ...more
Paperback
Published December 1st 2004 by Pocket Books (first published January 27th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Ordinary People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ordinary People

Linda
Jul 12, 2007 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is cathartic for this famous family, especially for Ozzy. If you are someone who never really listened to Black Sabbath or Ozzy, this book will most likely prompt you to visit their music and give a listen. This book also shows how a gutsy Sharon went against the grain in a male-dominated industry and became such a powerhouse.
Amy
Mar 05, 2010 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: memoir
The Osbourne Family was not known until recently for their reality TV show on MTV. Ozzy Osbourne is the famous one who is known for being the front man of Black Sabbath and biting off the head of a bat at one his shows. I watched the Osbourne show a little bit when it was on and found it quite entertaining, however it definitely portrayed Ozzy as the drunk mumbling stumbling dad who was never quite there. This book is a collaboration of the family members who put together in their words what it' ...more
Kirsty
Mar 04, 2008 Kirsty rated it it was amazing
The Osbournes fascinate me, and I found this book really interesting. I liked the way the 4 of the Osbournes gave their views (except for Amy - she didn't want anything to do with the MTV show or the book). I loved reading about their hectic lifestyles, and its clear they are a very loving family. Great read.
Lisa Bennett
Aug 02, 2011 Lisa Bennett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: autobiography
Brilliant. I can relate to Sharon on so many levels. A fascinating read into the lives of the Osbourne family. I've also read Sharon's two books, and i' waiting to read Ozzy's new one. Such an interesting family. You've just got to admire and love them for everything they've been through and for what they've achieved!
Leisa
Jun 27, 2012 Leisa rated it liked it

I love Sharon and Ozzy. This was written while the kids were still teenagers so a lot has changed. All I kept thinking was please let Aimee come to terms with her fathers issues and let go of her anger. She's a beautiful girl. They may not be a normal family but I wouldn't call them dysfunctional; it works for them.
Jenn
Dec 26, 2010 Jenn rated it liked it
I love Ozzy! And I love Sharon! Their kids...not so much. But I knew that from their tv show. It was cool to read about their background, but I really don't like Aimee at all. It took awhile to get used to the format of this book and I think that put me off a bit.
Rod
Dec 02, 2009 Rod rated it liked it
This was a quick read through the nasty history of the Osbourne family. If you thought your family was screwed up: then you're in good company.
I enjoyed the parts about Ozzy's guitar player - Randy Rhoads. Very touching.
Kimei
Jul 31, 2011 Kimei rated it liked it
A look deeper into the much televised world of the Osbournes. Some interesting tales from the past, touching family hardships and laugh out loud weirdness and dysfunctionality.
chucklesthescot
May 18, 2010 chucklesthescot rated it liked it
A fascinating look at the Osbourne family based on interviews with each family member, talking about events in their life.
Elizabeth
Three words I would attribute to this book:
1.)Crass
2.)Hilarious
3.)Honest
Cora
Aug 23, 2008 Cora is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I have been reading this off and on for awhile now.. almost finished!
Sarah Boothby
Jun 30, 2013 Sarah Boothby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!
Carol
Jun 23, 2008 Carol rated it liked it
hee hee. i felt very silly reading this on the train!!
Arpit
Arpit rated it it was ok
Jan 22, 2013
Diana
Diana rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2014
Katherine Sim
Katherine Sim rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2011
Besi
Besi rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2013
Lector Inspector
Lector Inspector rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2013
Lucas Liner
Lucas Liner rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2015
Stacy Tobias
Stacy Tobias rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2012
Dawn C. Dickinson
Dawn C. Dickinson rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2016
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2008
Tiffany turner
Tiffany turner rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2012
Deyara
Deyara rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2010
Allison Leach
Allison Leach rated it it was ok
Aug 15, 2010
Michael Fear
Michael Fear rated it liked it
May 19, 2013
Julie Megan
Julie Megan rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2013
  • Fierce
  • Green Day: American Idiots & The New Punk Explosion
  • Go Big or Go Home: Taking Risks in Life, Love, and Tattooing
  • Mötley Crüe: A Visual History, 1983-2005
  • Creating Myself: How I Learned That Beauty Comes in All Shapes, Sizes, and Packages, Including Me
  • Roseanne: My Life as a Woman
  • Cloris: My Autobiography
  • Out of Sync: A Memoir
  • Wouldn't it Be Nice: My Own Story
  • Finding It: And Satisfying My Hunger for Life Without Opening the Fridge
  • The Real Girl Next Door
  • Wish I Could Be There: Notes From a Phobic Life
  • True Whit: Designing a Life of Style, Beauty, and Fun
  • Heaven And Hell: My Life In The Eagles (1974 2001)
  • Cancer Schmancer
  • Appetite For Destruction: The Days Of Guns N' Roses
  • Hello Darlin': Tall (and Absolutely True) Tales About My Life
John Michael "Ozzy" Osbourne is the lead vocalist of the pioneering English heavy metal band Black Sabbath, a multi-platinum, award winning successful solo artist and the star of the reality show, The Osbournes. Considered by many to be the "Godfather of Heavy Metal," Ozzy has enjoyed a career that has now spanned four decades.
More about Ozzy Osbourne...