Start by marking “A Werewolf in Manhattan (Wild About You #1)” as Want to Read:
A Werewolf in Manhattan (Wild About You #1)

A Werewolf in Manhattan (Wild About You #1)

3.67  ·  Rating Details ·  3,074 Ratings  ·  205 Reviews
Emma Gavin writes about werewolves, but that doesn't mean she believes in them-not until a pack of real-life New York weres decide to investigate the striking accuracy of her "fiction."
When Aiden Wallace, son and heir of the pack leader, tries to sniff out Emma's potential informant, he discovers something even more dangerous- an undeniable attraction to her.
Published January 4th 2011 by Signet Book (first published November 23rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Werewolf in Manhattan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Werewolf in Manhattan

Catherine
*2.5 Stars*

I started out really enjoying this book. It was light—both in terms of worldbuilding and tone—but sometimes I don’t want heavy or complex. Sometimes I just want to smile and giggle and enjoy a lighthearted romance. I think if I had to liken it to something I would probably pick the Argeneau series by Lynsay Sands. They’re not the same storyline or writing style, but the tone is similar.

The setup of this book really appealed to me. An author who writes about fictional werewolves hits a
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
I have had this novel for sometime and for some reason it got lost in my TBR list and what a shame. This is my first journey with Vicki Lewis Thompson and I have to say it will not be my last one.

I love shifter books! I especially love well written shifter books with fully rounded characters and a fresh story line. A Werewolf in Manhattan was that for me. It was wonderful that the heroine was a writer of Shifter paranormal romances. It was almost as if the heroine was VLT herself. Emma was ever
Nairabell
Emma Gavin is the bestselling author of a series of werewolf books, but as far as she's concerned she's just created an entertaining fantasy - after all werewolves don't exist, right? Wrong! Aidan Wallace is in charge of the Wallace pack's security, and when he realised Emma's books were closer to fact than fiction he was sent to investigate. Now Aidan must figure out if Emma has a rogue werewolf informant, or if she's just very creative as well as why he is so attracted to her.

I've read a coup
Natasha
'A Werewolf in Manhattan' is the first instalment in the Wild About You series by Vicki Lewis Thompson. I've only read one novel from VLT before, which was a cute, fast read. This novel turned out the same.

The characters were fun and easy to like. Emma, was smart and funny. Aiden, was the real package. Handsome, smart, wealthy and loyal. I loved his character. Oh, I almost forgot... He's a werewolf. The heir of the pack leader.
The only thing that got a bit annoying was towards the end, when Em
Melissa
I was very excited about this book. I love Vicki Lewis Thompson since i read "Babe on a Broomstick" and couldn't wait to start this one. If only i had the same enthusiasm to finish it. To put it blankly i know Vicki tends to walk a fine line between sex and erotic sex. The thing is that in the books i've read is that the sex was secondary to the bigger storyline. A storyline that is often so witty and funny i can't put it down. This book seemed to have the word "sex,good looking", or similar adv ...more
Sandy M
Jun 30, 2011 Sandy M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What fun I’m having with Vicki Lewis Thompson’s paranormal books lately. I recently read and reviewed Chick with a Charm and enjoyed it a lot. Now she’s started a new series, Wild About You, and this first book is a terrific start with a delicious hero and a feisty heroine, who gets herself into trouble with her werewolf stories she writes. She has no idea how accurate her imagination is!

My favorite part of this book is Aidan. I love him. Though he starts out enjoying Emma’s books, they - and sh
Yvenande
Dec 13, 2013 Yvenande rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: awesome
4 Stars

I really enjoyed this book. It was sweet and passionate, but what set it apart was its main character, Emma. She wasn't your typical MC damsel. In nearly every contemporary/paranormal romance books I've read, when the MC is confronted with the paranormal she freaks out to an unbelievable degree. It's become one of my pet peeves. You'll have supposedly strong independent women who aren't afraid of anything, then they meet guys that they really like and eventually fall for, but when they
Gaby
Dec 31, 2010 Gaby rated it liked it
Posted at oh-my-books.blogspot.com

Since the moment I saw this cover and read the synopsis, I wanted to read this book.

Emma is a best-seller writer. Her book? Paranormal romance, including werewolves. She's funny and sweet, but her life is very different from the heroines in her books. She just has a boring boyfriend and spends her days in her house, writing and drinking coffee.

The werewolves exists, and Aiden Wallace is determined to find out how Emma knows so much about them. So he starts to in
Blodeuedd Finland
My thoughts:

Aww, the book was really sweet and cute, and with some hot passion too.

Emma spends most of her time writing, and having sex sometimes with her boring boyfriend. She is sure not living the passionate life of her heroines. And I did start to think that she needed that. Aiden Wallace is the big wolf of the story, he takes care of security for the pack and he is wealthy as sin. His future does not involve a human, but oh how attracted he is to her. Sparks are flying and he can't almost
Ambre
Apr 02, 2012 Ambre rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just very meh. Incredibly mediocre. I finished it, so it wasn't god awful, but so much about it left me cold- the characters, the settings, their reactions. It is basically every werewolf romance, nothing new, and the romance isn't even that engaging.

The worst part was the author's penchant for describing everything, including the characters thoughts, down to the last detail. She leaves nothing for you to figure out, and repeats things ad nauseum and with maximum redundancy - like how the hot ri
Dianne
Feb 20, 2011 Dianne rated it it was ok
A Werewolf in Manhattan – by Vicki Lewis Thompson

This book is a very light and frothy sexcapade with a major flaw or two. Most of this book is based on the premise that a human fiction writer that writes Romances about werewolves is going to “out” real werewolves once she knows they are for real. She writes FICTION. So what human in their right mind is going to believe anything she writes is fact?
The second problem I had with this novel is that the first 65 percent was boring. The rest of the n
Maria
Mar 17, 2014 Maria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ich fand das Buch gut, daher 3 Sterne.
An und für sich ist die Geschichte interessant geschrieben, wenn auch absehbar.
Nichts desto trotz sind die Charaktere sympathisch und auch wenn einige Emmas Charakter kritisieren, weil sie sich über Aidans Luxusleben aufregt, gleichzeitig aber selbst Gucci Schuhe trägt, mag ich sie. Sie macht zudem eine Veränderung im Laufe des Buches durch, hört auf Aidan ständig zu kritisieren und wird toleranter.
Meine Kritikpunkte sind eher, dass manche Dinge fast ins Läc
Lyndsay
Just finished this lovely read. I switched back and forth between listening to the audiobook and reading on my kindle. Clearly I wanted to finish the story.

Emma is a supernatural romance writer who writes fantasies about werewolfs low and behold. they are real and are worried that she might know too much.

Aidan was a fan of her books before he was assigned to tail her. In all the were romances i have read the alpha males are drawn to their scent. no difference here. They travel to chicago where
Emma Gavin is a successful writer who happens to have a very active imagination. That imagination has made her writing career a huge success however it is also about to land her in a bit of trouble. Aiden Wallace is heir apparent to his family's pack and has been assigned to keeping tags on Emma as her 'works of fiction' seem to bear a almost to strong a resemblance to real Werewolves and his family. Aiden's job is to find out if Emma has a informant or if she really is coming up with the guidel ...more
Rubee Bailey
I completely understand that sometimes you have to write your beloved characters with a flaw that drives the story forward, but Emma's illogical "Devotion" to writing was so much so that (view spoiler) ...more
May
Jan 11, 2011 May rated it it was ok
It started strong, but overall was just a so-so read. I was drawn to it as a light & funny read, and it definitely had it's moments.

Unfortunately the author chose to avoid any real plot development or satisfying conflict resolution. When things that are "impossible" are solved with a shrug, when the villain of the piece disappears and never gets what he deserves... It just disappoints. I'd have liked to see more plot, less "oh we find each other sooooo sexy" time.

I'd recommend to someone s
KarenF
Apr 02, 2011 KarenF rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, romance, own
This was a cute paranormal romance with some nice humor and mostly likable characters (Emma goes a little goofy for one scene toward that end but). Nothing earth shattering but exactly what I was in the mood for and sometimes that counts more.
Dawn (Kat N Hat)
Sweet story. I really think I should have read this one first. It covered some of the lore that was missing from the second (which I read first).
Heather
Good solid fun read a few eye rolling moments but it worked
Carolyn F.
Dec 19, 2013 Carolyn F. marked it as could-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
I just could not get into this book, so I put it aside :(
Victoria
☀Rachael☀
Nov 21, 2013 ☀Rachael☀ rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
OMG! This was a pointless pile of soppy pointless romantic crap! So Not For Me! 0*'s 0!!!!
Starry
Aug 30, 2011 Starry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tina
Oct 08, 2016 Tina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
*3.5 stars*

A fast, enjoyable listen. I really liked Emma and I loved Aidan. Lots of swooning there. I'm looking forward to Roarke's book even though I wasn't his biggest fan in A Werewolf In Manhattan. For the narration, I liked it better than others I've listened to. Good range on the voices but it was very soft-spoken. Almost like she was afraid to project her voice. Hopefully the next book she'll read with gusto and confidence.
Katherine Diduch
Fantastic read. The plot was strong, chemistry and sex scenes were amazing. I thought the ending was a bit rushed, but who knows, the next book could be even better.
Christine Hill
Sep 27, 2015 Christine Hill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was originally published on my blog: loveserially.wordpress.com.

Overall Rating: 4 (sXe)

Quick & Dirty summary: Emma Gavin is a romance writer whose imagination is running away with her. In this case, it’s running her right into trouble with the powerful Wallace werewolf pack of New York. Aiden, heir apparent to the Wallace pack, is tasked with assessing whether or not Emma is a security threat. In the process of completing this task, Aiden discovers Emma is under threat by another
Erin
I stumbled across this book because I stumbled across book #4 Werewolf in Denver, and I never read things out of order... plus I love Urban Fantasy, and it's been a while since I found a new good werewolf series.

I don't think I got that with this.

It started off good.

Oh, before I go any farther, the title is a total untruth. It really should have been called Werewolf in Chicago or something along those lines since the book mostly took place in Chicago.

Oh, and I listened to the audiobook, which wa
Katherine
Review Also posted at A Bookish Compulsion

To start out, I won A Werewolf in Manhattan (and the second book in this series, Werewolf in the North Woods) in an author contest through Fresh Fiction. While I have never before read one of Ms. Thompson’s book, they have been on my radar for some time. Due in a large part to my ungainly TBR pile tho, I never gave into the urge to read one until now. Thanks to my good luck, I was given the opportunity to read through this book without the ticking of my
JG
Let this record show that I am not trying to hate this book. I really want to like it but then some things are downright silly to me.
You know the plot. You have read the synopsis. This review is not spoiler-free.

The writing style was not impressive. I’m not jumping up and down or finding myself laughing hysterically or chuckling. The book brought smile to my face but it was not overly hilarious or funny. The dialogues fell flat for me. That I don’t like because I expected something good.

Then th
Kathy Davie
Oct 08, 2011 Kathy Davie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: homey, fantasy, funny, urban
First in the Wild About You paranormal-romance series revolving around the Wallace werewolf pack based in New York City.

The Story
This is so not a good idea. Aidan Wallace is already attracted to Emma Gavin. She smells so good. She's smart. She is, oh, so attractive. And she knows just a little too much about werewolves. Aidan has been ordered to find out where she's getting her information and he intends to stick to her like glue. But, oh, he should not be attracted to a human!!

A drink, a few da
  • The Werewolf Upstairs (Strange Neighbors, #2)
  • The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf, #2)
  • A Certain Wolfish Charm (Westfield Wolves, #1)
  • Confessions of a Werewolf Supermodel
  • Hex in High Heels (Hex, #4)
  • The Accidental Werewolf (Accidentals, #1)
  • Gone with the Witch (Triplet Witch Trilogy, #2)
  • Call of the Highland Moon (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #1)
  • Bleacke's Geek (Bleacke Shifters #1)
  • The Wolf In The Woods
New York Times and USA Today bestseller Vicki Lewis Thompson believes love makes the world go around and laughter makes the trip worth taking. The recipient of RWA’s Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award and the author of more than ninety books, Vicki pioneered a new kind of romance hero with Nerd in Shining Armor. Following the success of her nerd stories, Vicki launched a boisterous paranormal ...more
More about Vicki Lewis Thompson...

Wild About You (6 books)
  • Werewolf in the North Woods (Wild About You, #2)
  • Werewolf in Seattle (Wild About You, #3)
  • Werewolf in Denver (Wild About You, #4)
  • Werewolf in Alaska (Wild About You, #5)
  • Werewolf in Las Vegas (Wild About You, #6)