Start by marking “Great Parents, Lousy Lovers: Discover How to Enjoy Life with Your Spouse While Raising Your Kids” as Want to Read:

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Great Parents, Lousy Lovers is a challenging guide for couples to begin re-investing in their marriage and not just their children. The greatest gift parents can give their children is a mother and father who love each other deeply, because a great marriage is the single most important parenting tool.
Published (first published August 4th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Great Parents, Lousy Lovers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Great Parents, Lousy Lovers

Rich
There were things that I really like about this book. I liked the back and forth play between the authors. I likes the general subject matter. I believe a lot of what they said was right on the mark. But I finished still wanting something else from the book. They seemed to dance between helping individual couples and describing overall church ministries.

I am going to have to review my notes before I write further.
Marlene Blyden

There were things that I really like about this book. I liked the sharing of ideas and experiences of the two authors. The information provided was real, relevant and practical for young and even older couples. However, I would recommend it to couples who are thinking of having children in the near future and those with young children. In my view this book is an easy read and well worth the time.
Michelle Johnson
Written with young Christians in mind, possibly. No real meat. However, the writing style is witty. While I can't say I took away anything new for my marriage, I would definitely recommend this book for others. And there were some helpful parts that I highlighted to reflect on. I also enjoyed a long list of questions to discuss with my spouse.
Karsten
Disappointing...Mr. Smalley's DNA of Relationships was topnotch & helped make sense of the world for me...so I thought, Why not? But this is like a longform magazine quiz: You might be a lousy lover if... Thanks. :-/ (That's harsh & there *is* more here, I know...)
Dawn
Feb 28, 2011 Dawn is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
hoping for some really great insight on how to make the marriage just as much of a priority as being a parent WITHOUT having to break the bank for babysitters -- anyone else feel the same way?
Bill Blevins
Great Book. Easy read. Very insightful and full of great information on how to strength the bond between husband and wife.
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Ibrahim Anwar
Ibrahim Anwar marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Gurudev Dadu
Gurudev Dadu marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Amy Wishman
Amy Wishman marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Brandy
Brandy is currently reading it
Jan 07, 2015
Andrea
Andrea added it
Jan 04, 2015
Mark  Shadden
Mark Shadden marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Dr. Daniel
Dr. Daniel marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Jonathan Mcguire
Jonathan Mcguire marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The DNA of Relationships Love Is a Decision For Better or for Best: A Valuable Guide to Knowing, Understanding, and Loving Your Husband Making Love Last Forever If Only He Knew: What No Woman Can Resist

“Children raised in a couple-centered home more fully understand the gospel of Jesus Christ. God’s love manifested in marriage speaks more to kids than any Sunday school lesson or sermon. This truth is the essence of Ephesians 5:25. Marriage is used as a word picture for God’s love for the church. What is your marriage teaching your kids about Jesus?” 2 likes