Start by marking “Great Parents, Lousy Lovers: Discover How to Enjoy Life with Your Spouse While Raising Your Kids” as Want to Read:

Great Parents, Lousy Lovers is a challenging guide for couples to begin re-investing in their marriage and not just their children. The greatest gift parents can give their children is a mother and father who love each other deeply, because a great marriage is the single most important parenting tool.
Published (first published August 4th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Great Parents, Lousy Lovers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Great Parents, Lousy Lovers

Darin
It was okay.
Rich
Dec 18, 2010 Rich rated it liked it
There were things that I really like about this book. I liked the back and forth play between the authors. I likes the general subject matter. I believe a lot of what they said was right on the mark. But I finished still wanting something else from the book. They seemed to dance between helping individual couples and describing overall church ministries.

I am going to have to review my notes before I write further.
Marlene Blyden
Oct 05, 2013 Marlene Blyden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

There were things that I really like about this book. I liked the sharing of ideas and experiences of the two authors. The information provided was real, relevant and practical for young and even older couples. However, I would recommend it to couples who are thinking of having children in the near future and those with young children. In my view this book is an easy read and well worth the time.
Michelle Johnson
Mar 22, 2011 Michelle Johnson rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: helpful
Written with young Christians in mind, possibly. No real meat. However, the writing style is witty. While I can't say I took away anything new for my marriage, I would definitely recommend this book for others. And there were some helpful parts that I highlighted to reflect on. I also enjoyed a long list of questions to discuss with my spouse.
Karsten
Mar 31, 2012 Karsten rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disappointing...Mr. Smalley's DNA of Relationships was topnotch & helped make sense of the world for me...so I thought, Why not? But this is like a longform magazine quiz: You might be a lousy lover if... Thanks. :-/ (That's harsh & there *is* more here, I know...)
Dawn
Feb 28, 2011 Dawn is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
hoping for some really great insight on how to make the marriage just as much of a priority as being a parent WITHOUT having to break the bank for babysitters -- anyone else feel the same way?
Bill Blevins
Jun 12, 2012 Bill Blevins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book. Easy read. Very insightful and full of great information on how to strength the bond between husband and wife.
Mary Cramer
Mary Cramer rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2016
Mrs. Nesbitt
Mrs. Nesbitt marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Chantal
Chantal marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
John Bechtold
John Bechtold rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Shawn Yoder
Shawn Yoder rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Deanna Warnock
Deanna Warnock rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Eril
Eril marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Thomas Moses
Thomas Moses rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Charity Broam-dennis
Charity Broam-dennis is currently reading it
Feb 21, 2016
Raquel Dotson
Raquel Dotson marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Furtuna
Furtuna marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Amina Al motery
Amina Al motery marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Eric Crane
Eric Crane marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Karla
Karla marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Chris Brooks
Chris Brooks marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Nancy Peterson
Nancy Peterson rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Julie
Julie added it
Jan 29, 2016
Bufo Calvin
Bufo Calvin marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Lora
Lora added it
Jan 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

“Children raised in a couple-centered home more fully understand the gospel of Jesus Christ. God’s love manifested in marriage speaks more to kids than any Sunday school lesson or sermon. This truth is the essence of Ephesians 5:25. Marriage is used as a word picture for God’s love for the church. What is your marriage teaching your kids about Jesus?” 3 likes