Stregata dalla magia

Stregata dalla magia (Magic #2)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  1,211 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Protetta dai poteri magici delle streghe della Congrega D'Anu, Copper Ashcroft è abbastanza forte da toccare con mano la terribile realtà dell'Oltremondo: la patria di tutte le presenze demoniache che, in una dimensione parallela rispetto a quella terrestre, minacciano di distruggere l'ordine naturale delle cose. Questo reame oscuro, però, rischia di rivelarsi una trappola...more
Published April 28th 2010 by Castelvecchi (first published October 3rd 2006)

Anita
What to do when you are stuck in bed home sick all day? Read, of course.

I tried this book because this paranormal romance author was highly recommended for steamy hot scenes. She absolutely delivered in that arena, but I can't help but think that this book will be forgetable. Maybe if I liked epic fantasy - you know, fantasy set in other world with weird names and complicated geneology - I would have liked this book more. But I don't, so I didn't.

This 'verse is based on the ideas of various int...more
Ren
Re-read July, 25

I buy the secondhand edition a weeks ago, despite I already read this a year ago, but I love Cheyenne McCray. And while I give the first read 5 stars, I decide to give just 4 stars for this 2nd read. Not that I'm not enjoyed it, but sometimes I give ratings for some books without thinking (sometimes happen, believe me)

I love Cheyenne McCray's books and stories, and Magic series by her is definitely my fave. She can mix suspense, magic, myth and a sensual story well. Magic series...more
Cathy
"Seduced by Magic" é a sequela de "Forbidden Magic". Esta coleção de romance paranormal é baseada nas mitologia Irlandesa, especialmente da deusa Danu. Neste livro a autora explora um pouco mais sobre os vários grupos de personagens mitológicas, mas não explica muito sobre a componente mitológica em si. No entanto, devido à riqueza da mitologia irlandesa, é sempre divertido ler sobre a mesma, mesmo que muito ao de leve.

Neste segundo volume a autora foca-se essencialmente em Copper (bruxa) e Tier...more
Debora
Ho impiegato molto tempo per trovare il tempo e la voglia di comprare questo secondo libro della Serie Magic dopo la delusione del primo libro. Il motivo per cui le stelline si mantengono sempre sul terzo (anche se vorrei scendere) è solo uno: molte degli aspetti che critico sono soggettivi e quindi non posso declassarlo.

Per quanto riguarda questo “Stregata dalla magia” mi sono trovata, ancora una volta, tristemente delusa. Il libro continua sulla mediocre scia del precedente anzi, peggiorando d...more
Kathy
Bedazzling, Imaginative and Crafty

I recommend you read the previous book in this series Forbidden Magic, before undertaking this book. This story was bewitching and exciting. I was completely entertained, enchanted, entranced and intrigued. Cooper Ashcroft has been trapped in a magical shield in Otherworld for over a year. Slaving and toiling again and again over her spells trying to break the shield has been fruitless. Not only did her magic backfire on her and trap her but she also managed to...more
Amy Freese
It is official. With this second installment to her Magic series, I am in LOVE with Cheyenne McCray's writing!! Her imagination seems to be limitless! The characters are still engaging, they pull you into their world and you feel everything they do!
I could feel myself "being" Silver Ashcroft in her first book, FORBIDDEN MAGIC. The same for Copper Ashcroft in this book. I loved the contrast in the sisters that Cheyenne created. Her heroine's are strong, intelligent women and their Fae love intere...more
Natalie
This is book 2 in the Magic series. There's a lot more plot in this one and the sex isn't quite so graphic - a plus on both! No backdoor action in this book. The story actually took center this time around and it's a pretty interesting ongoing storyline. I'm actually glad that I already had this book in my TBR pile, otherwise I never would have given it a chance after reading book one. This series has an interesting take on the species other than humans - Brownies aren't so cute in this world. S...more
Natalie
I must say I am having a hard time getting through this series. This book was better than its predecessor but it still lacked an "essence" to keep me captivated. I found myself scanning and skipping paragraphs, which is something I NEVER do.

The overall story of the series is interesting so I feel a pull to continue on with the next book in the series. Hopefully, the third book Wicked Magic with keep me captivated. If not I am going to have to drop the series (even though I have purchased all of...more
Liz
I started out liking this series, with interesting characters and premis, but then I got to the second book and realized these books were more erotica than urban fantasy. Not that I don't appreciate some steamy scenes, but there was an over-use of cock and pussy to describe everything. Couldn't get thru the second book even tho I wanted to know what happened. Will let someone else read it and tell me what happens.
Carolyn F.
This book was okay. I thought Copper (what a name!) was a little (make that a lot) of a HO but then when you've got to get the hero and heroine together, I guess things move very quickly. I really liked Tiernan. I should have read the first book to start with because this book assumes you're familiar with the storyline. So I would recommend the same before you read this book.
Kerry  sullivan
I liked this book but at the beginning it kept repeating stuff as if we dont have any retentive capacity. Once it got on with the plot it was good. I'll be honest though if it hadn't been for the very good sex sense I would have given up as I am not overly keen on book that treat the reader like an idiot, but i gave it an extra star for learning along the way and the sex.
Rhapsody
Jun 28, 2008 Rhapsody marked it as romance-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: romance
I am not liking this book at all. I don't even know if I'm going to be able to finish it. So far, every time I sit down to try to read, I end up merely skimming. The writing is awful, as are the characters. I'm no longer reading the book so much as I am reading my money--unless it gets much better towards the middle, I don't recommend it to anyone.
Martina
Anche in questo libro, come nel primo, la storia viene rovinata da un linguaggio volgere che toglie la voglia al lettore di continuare a leggere. Tre stelline solo perché la storia in fondo mi piace, altrimenti una scarsa.
Ashley
This book was way better than the first one. It had a better story, but probably because we re past the intro and into the story now. Tiernan is hot and copper is fiesty. And they have hot sex and make golden bubbles!
Trina
This book is one hot read! The edge of your seat thriller action combined with steamy sex scenes makes this book a quick read. I love the storyline and can't wait to read the rest of the series.
.Anna. (Claudine)
Bah. Il succo della storia occupa giusto tre righe, anche meno. Il resto è occupato dalle continue prestazioni di quei due.
La terminologia adoperata fa veramente alzare gli occhi al cielo...
Diana
So sad for this book to be finished. I loved it so much! So much action and love packed into it's mere 372 pages! A must read! Awesome!
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
Book two of the magic series was a quick read. Didn't do to much for me and was rather forgettable.
Jennifer Conner
It was a well written book, but just not my thing. Too much back story and not enough characters.
Jamie
the world is good, and I like the characters but I'm not in love with this author's writing.
Haylie
Jun 05, 2008 Haylie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any1 who read the others...
Shelves: romance
pretty good book...i was really happy for Tiernan and Copper...all in all, it was a good book
Deanna Long
The romance was graphic and climatic. The fight to survive was intense and emotional.
Sss_phung
good points
steamy hot scenes

bad points
EVERYTHING ELSE
Jenny Rebecca
I don't like romance novels about witches for some reason.
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Jan 16, 2012 Anzu The Great Destroyer marked it as no-thank-you-i-dont-want-any  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: are-you-retarded
Mark-as-spam-reason: Hated the first book.
Mary
Nov 03, 2007 Mary rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: "adults"
love copper! purfect mix of love and adventure
Victoria
Loved it. Lots of action.
Angie
Book #194, for 2009
  • Witch Blood (Elemental Witches, #2)
  • Master of Dragons (Mageverse, #5)
  • No Rest for the Witches (Nightcreature, #7.5) (Magic, #3.5) (The Others, #3.5)
  • Bound By Sin (Cin Craven, #3)
  • Blood Rite (Spark of Magic, #2)
  • A Touch of Fae (Witches Knot, #2)
  • Bedeviled (Queen of the Otherworld, #1)
  • In Darkness Reborn (Paladins of Darkness, #3)
  • Hunting the Hunter (The Hunters, #8)
  • Demon's Fire (Tale of the Demon World, #6)
  • In the Company of Witches (Arcane Shot, #2)
  • Bite the Bullet (Crimson Moon, #2)
  • The Vampire's Secret (Savannah Vampire, #2)
  • In the Blood (Darkwing Chronicles, #4)
  • Possess Me at Midnight (Doomsday Brethren, #3)
"New York Times" and "USA Today" bestselling author Cheyenne McCray is the author of several series, including the new "Lawmen" series which debuted with the book "Hidden Prey."

Join Chey on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/CheyenneMcCr...
Chey's new Lawmen Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CheyenneMcCr...

Chey has three sons, two dogs, and is an Arizona native who loves the desert and all of...more
More about Cheyenne McCray...
Forbidden Magic (Magic, #1) Demons Not Included (Night Tracker, #1) Wicked Magic (Magic, #3) No Werewolves Allowed (Night Tracker, #2) Shadow Magic (Magic, #4)