Start by marking “Senso E Significato Nell'organizzazione: Alla Ricerca Delle Ambiguità E Delle Contraddizioni Nei Processi Organizzativi” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Senso E Significato Ne...
Karl E. Weick

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Il sensemaking vuole riconoscere la giusta importanza a ciò che i principi razionali non soltanto accantonano, ma talvolta ignorano: cioè a quel gioco di continua costruzione e ricostruzione di senso e significato della vita organizzativa cui tutti partecipano condividendo situazioni e incidenti, successi e insuccessi, fortune e sfortune, progetti e storie.
251 pages
Published 1997 by Cortina (first published May 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Senso E Significato Nell'organizzazione, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Senso E Significato Nell'organizzazione

Nice overview of sensemaking in organizations. The seven properties (pg. 61) and resources (p. 65) provide a good foundation for anyone interested in this topic.

Best quotes: "perception, by definition, can never be accurate" (p. 60); "organizations as entities are developed and maintained only through continuous communication activity. If the communication activity stops, the organization disappears. If the communication activity becomes confused, the organization begins to malfunct
Probably the best business book I have ever read. His earlier work, The Socail Psychology of Organizing, was also excellent.
Mar 22, 2008 AF marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
again, for future research/reference purposes.
Alan Valdez
I borrowed this one from the library, but I will definetively want to have my own copy soon. As a note for myself, the more interesting passages are reproduced below:

The concept of sensemaking is well named because, literally, it means the making of sense. When people put stimuli intro frameworks, this enables them to comprehend, understand, extrapolate and predict. [And therefore, plan and act!]

Ring and Rands (1989) define sensemaking as "a process in which individuals develop cognitive m
Michael Burnam-fink
This is a strange, brilliant, infuriating book. Weick develops a theory of people and organizations as entities that make sense of their word through stories, and the kinds of dsyfunction that can happen when those stories no longer match reality. People only know what they're thinking once they say it, and honest and open communication is a key element of success.

I'll admit that as a social constructivist, this makes a lot of sense to me. I particularly like the way that Weick neatly skewers th
I had to read this book for a corporate communications class and even though my professor SWEARS BY IT, myself and my classmates found it utterly useless. It is meant for academics and not for their students, maybe it has some useful information in it but it needs to be translated for laypeople.
Vern Glaser
another really good book. very insightful, he basically turns the focus off of the decisions organizations make and moves it on to how organizations interpret signals from the environment. quite interesting if you think about management/leadership topics
J P marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Jwduke marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Alish marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Heitor Parreiras
Heitor Parreiras marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Fergle marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
Mibin Mathews
Mibin Mathews marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Monika Sonta
Monika Sonta marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Olga marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
Jan Höglund
Jan Höglund marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Tim Cowlishaw
Tim Cowlishaw marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Russell marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Justina Perednyte
Justina Perednyte marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Kimberley marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Hatuikulipi Benjamin
Hatuikulipi Benjamin marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Brigitte Prior
Brigitte Prior marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Martti Antero
Martti Antero marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Dominik marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Michael Koehler
Michael Koehler marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Mikiko marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015