Start by marking “Senso E Significato Nell'organizzazione: Alla Ricerca Delle Ambiguità E Delle Contraddizioni Nei Processi Organizzativi” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Senso E Significato Ne...

Karl E. Weick

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  67 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Il sensemaking vuole riconoscere la giusta importanza a ciò che i principi razionali non soltanto accantonano, ma talvolta ignorano: cioè a quel gioco di continua costruzione e ricostruzione di senso e significato della vita organizzativa cui tutti partecipano condividendo situazioni e incidenti, successi e insuccessi, fortune e sfortune, progetti e storie.
251 pages
Published 1997 by Cortina (first published May 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Senso E Significato Nell'organizzazione, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Senso E Significato Nell'organizzazione

Alan Valdez
Jun 17, 2014 Alan Valdez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I borrowed this one from the library, but I will definetively want to have my own copy soon. As a note for myself, the more interesting passages are reproduced below:

p4:
The concept of sensemaking is well named because, literally, it means the making of sense. When people put stimuli intro frameworks, this enables them to comprehend, understand, extrapolate and predict. [And therefore, plan and act!]

p5:
Ring and Rands (1989) define sensemaking as "a process in which individuals develop cognitive m
Stephen
READ JUL 2011

Nice overview of sensemaking in organizations. The seven properties (pg. 61) and resources (p. 65) provide a good foundation for anyone interested in this topic.

Best quotes: "perception, by definition, can never be accurate" (p. 60); "organizations as entities are developed and maintained only through continuous communication activity. If the communication activity stops, the organization disappears. If the communication activity becomes confused, the organization begins to malfunct
Shin
Jul 08, 2009 Shin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably the best business book I have ever read. His earlier work, The Socail Psychology of Organizing, was also excellent.
AF
Mar 22, 2008 AF marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
again, for future research/reference purposes.
Michael Burnam-fink
Jun 12, 2012 Michael Burnam-fink rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: academic, 2012
This is a strange, brilliant, infuriating book. Weick develops a theory of people and organizations as entities that make sense of their word through stories, and the kinds of dsyfunction that can happen when those stories no longer match reality. People only know what they're thinking once they say it, and honest and open communication is a key element of success.

I'll admit that as a social constructivist, this makes a lot of sense to me. I particularly like the way that Weick neatly skewers th
Kristin
Jun 15, 2010 Kristin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had to read this book for a corporate communications class and even though my professor SWEARS BY IT, myself and my classmates found it utterly useless. It is meant for academics and not for their students, maybe it has some useful information in it but it needs to be translated for laypeople.
Vern Glaser
Mar 20, 2011 Vern Glaser rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
another really good book. very insightful, he basically turns the focus off of the decisions organizations make and moves it on to how organizations interpret signals from the environment. quite interesting if you think about management/leadership topics
Steen Sørensen
Exceptionel framwork for undestanding the processes in an organization or just when people en generel observe, interact and react
Ian Kruger
Ian Kruger is currently reading it
Aug 24, 2016
Jonathan Jeckell
Jonathan Jeckell marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Red
Red marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
Becky McDonald
Becky McDonald rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
Tara Acharya
Tara Acharya marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Sung-Jun Lee
Sung-Jun Lee marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Annamaria Herrera
Annamaria Herrera marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Marianne Mullen
Marianne Mullen marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Danny Blichfeldt
Danny Blichfeldt marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Giovanni Puliti
Giovanni Puliti marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Delora
Delora marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Chad Wyancko
Chad Wyancko marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Jeroen Candel
Jeroen Candel marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Tiina
Tiina marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
fototo
fototo marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Richard Perry
Richard Perry marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Javier Fidalgo
Javier Fidalgo marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Steve Rogalsky
Steve Rogalsky marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Organizational Culture and Leadership (The Jossey-Bass Business & Management Series)
  • The Heart of Change Field Guide: Tools And Tactics for Leading Change in Your Organization
  • The Portable Coach: 28 Sure Fire Strategies For Business And Personal Success
  • Social Systems
  • Coaching with NLP: How to be a Master Coach
  • Science, Strategy and War: The Strategic Theory of John Boyd
  • Co-Active Coaching: New Skills for Coaching People Toward Success in Work and, Life
  • Empowered: Unleash Your Employees, Energize Your Customers, and Transform Your Business
  • Coach Yourself to Success Coach Yourself to Success: 101 Tips to Accomplish Your Personal and Professional Goals
  • The Logic of Failure: Recognizing and Avoiding Error in Complex Situations
  • How the Way We Talk Can Change the Way We Work: Seven Languages for Transformation
  • The Structure of Magic I: A Book about Language and Therapy
  • Lean Six SIGMA for Service: How to Use Lean Speed and Six SIGMA Quality to Improve Services and Transactions
  • Hard Facts, Dangerous Half-Truths, and Total Nonsense: Profiting from Evidence-based Management
  • Managing Transitions: Making the Most of Change