Start by marking “The Pressure Cooker Gourmet: 225 Recipes for Great-Tasting, Long-Simmered Flavors in Just Minutes” as Want to Read:

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The Pressure Cooker Gourmet is by far the most creative collection of recipes available for this remarkable appliance. It gives you vast new possibilities for weekday cooking and expanded creative options for weekends, helping you prepare wonderful stews, roasts, and other traditionally labor-intensive dishes literally in a matter of minutes. Make these fantastic recipes ...more
Published December 3rd 2004 by Harvard Common Press

To ask other readers questions about The Pressure Cooker Gourmet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pressure Cooker Gourmet

Stacy
A charming cookbook author's voice, but the recipes seemed overwrought and the cook times still too long for weekday dinners. On weekends, I have the time to cook these things conventionally.
Darlene
The sub-title, 225 recipes for great-tasting, long-simmered flavors in just minutes, pretty much says it all.

And, when you think of pressure cookers, would you ever think of "Peanut Butter Swirl Cheesecake with Barnum's Animal Cracker Crust"? How about "Sweet Cornmeal Pudding Cake with Rummy Corncob Syrup"? Of course there is much more than the 'sweet finales.'

A partial Contents list include Splendid Soups, Lively Legumes, and Worldly ways with rice, wheat, and corn.

Those interested in pressure
Yolanda
I love this book! I have always enjoyed using a pressure cooker for meats and it makes them fall off the bone and melt in your mouth tender. This book has so many good ideas and interesting recipes. I'm looking forward to using my pressure cooker even more. In fact, I've put a bigger one on my amazon wish list! This is not a book where you learn how to use a pressure cooker. You need to follow the manual that comes with your pan to learn that.
Jules
An excellent and very creative cookbook that I need to explore more.
Kelly
I love my pressure cooker and these recipes are fabulous!
Linda
Oct 14, 2013 Linda marked it as to-read
check out again
Tracy
Tracy added it
May 27, 2015
Missie
Missie marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Clare
Clare marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Helen Walsh
Helen Walsh marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Bonnie
Bonnie added it
Jan 13, 2014
Phillip David
Phillip David marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
The Well-Filled Tortilla Cookbook Smith & Hawken: The Gardeners' Community Cookbook The Vegetarian Table: Mexico Sausage: Recipes for Making and Cooking with Homemade Sausage The Vegetarian Table: Japan