Start by marking “Virginia Bakery Remembered” as Want to Read:
Virginia Bakery Remembered

Virginia Bakery Remembered

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  3 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Virginia Bakery Remembered offers the closest experience to stepping back inside the bakery and basking in the aromatic glory for which thousands still long. Savor the schnecken in this tribute to the Thie family's iconic Cincinnati bakery, which served the community from 1927 to 2005. Reminisce in vignettes collected from newspapers and trade magazines, firsthand experien ...more
Published October 18th 2010 by History Press (SC) (first published October 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Virginia Bakery Remembered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Virginia Bakery Remembered

Kathy
Needless to say, I did not read the recipes word for word. If I didn't work full-time, I would actually try some of the recipes, but they sound like they take a lot of time & hard work, so that won't be happening!
As someone who is interested in genealogy, I loved the stories the customers told about visiting the bakery & also the stories of the Thie family. It felt like home.
I myself never went to the Virginia Bakery, but I had heard of it. Now I wish I had been there at least once (sou
Emily Holmes
The recipes are time consuming, but delicious! We love the schnecken! It is also nice to read about the story behind the food. This bakery was a favorite of my family.
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2012
Bob
Bob added it
Mar 22, 2012
Virginia Bakery Remembered (OH)