A Present for Christmas

A Present for Christmas

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  233 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Faced with a choice, David has to decide what matters the most. Home…or the heart.

After completing an assignment in Alaska, he’s about to head home, but he realizes he might be leaving behind his heart—Cris, the woman he fell in love with. Now he has to make a choice. Return home to everything he knows, or take a chance on love.
Published October 30th 2010 by Walker, Shiloh

Mistletoe Magic by Melissa McCloneHalfway to Nowhere by Steena HolmesAnonymity by Amber Lea EastonHome For Christmas by Melissa McCloneA Cowboy For Christmas by Katherine Garbera
Christmas and Winter Novellas
25th out of 158 books — 175 voters
Legally Wed by N.M.  SilberFinding Cinderella by Colleen HooverBeg by C.D. ReissThe Riding School by C.P. MandaraVenetian Love Knots by Normandie Alleman
Romance Short Stories and Novellas
110th out of 352 books — 305 voters

More lists with this book...

Arlene
This short story was only 37 pages long. It definitely had the potential to be a good book, but ended up just being an okay filler read. If Shiloh Walker has a complete story of these two characters, I’d be interested enough to find out more about Chris and David. It was okay, just too too short and over before it began.
Mojca
Cute, but too short, giving absolutely no explanation as to why Cris wouldn't couldn't leave Alaska. It sounded dire when she thought about it. What, she'd die without snow? Was she a Santa elf or something? What? Tell me, what?!

And a Christmas birthday - how corny is that?
Annamarie
This short story was pretty good, you could feel how the characters felt through the words that were used. It was well written and I wish it was a full story because you don't get a chance to get to know the characters, they drew my interest but because it was so short you couldn't get to fully explore them.

When David's job in Alaska end's he goes back home to Ohio leaving Cris behind because she doesn't want to leave her home and family in Alaska but both of them are miserable about the decisio...more
♥Jamie
A great, free little erotic short story. I'm new to Shiloh Walker books, this only being my second experience with her writing.

Summary:
David's time in Alaska is coming to an end. It was only a temporary consulting job, and now he has a life in Cincinnati to get back to. But he may be leaving more behind than the cold Alaskan snow, he may be leaving his heart. When Cris met David, sparks flew. They just clicked. Spending time with him during his consultation in Alaska has made them closer, and...more
Marissa Culp
Shiloh Walker is one of my favorite authors and she did not disappoint with Present for Christmas.

David is a consultant whose temporary job in Alaska is done and on the day before Christmas he’s going home to Ohio. The only problem is he’s leaving behind his girlfriend, a native Alaskan who can’t bear to leave her wilderness state.

Chris knows she loves David, but she just can’t bear to leave her home and family. In order to get away from everything that reminds her of him and their time togeth...more
Shari
Another quick and good book. David finds out what matters most and Cris gets the man she wants and a place she calls home. I wish I could say more about it, but it was just that…very quick. He waits at the airport hoping she will come with him. She goes to a friends cabin never expecting him to stay. But can love overcome it all? Read it to find out. It’s not long so it won’t cost you much in time.
Barb

After completing an assignment in Alaska, he’s about to head home, but he realizes he might be leaving behind his heart...Cris, the woman he fell in love with. Now he has to make a choice. Return home to everything he knows, or take a chance on love.
TheBookVixen
Cute, simple story. Not predictable; I thought he was going to have a different Christmas gift for her.

This is one story I'd like to read more about. I want to know how they met, how their relationship started, etc.

Nothing spectacular but a sweet short story. Good for in between reads.
Katie
this was a freebie, if it had not been a freebie. i would rated it 1 star. It was not very well developed because i never found out why Cris couldn't move and why being in different states meant that they were broken up. It seemed like it would not be a long lasting relationship.
Chelsea
This was short and sweet here was no back ground and no real description of the characters it was mostly emotion and it was enough for the purpose of a short story. There were a few typos which I didn't expect overall good.
Maribel reyes
A good plot but sadly too short and there are some gaps that I would have liked to be filled. Perhaps if the reader got some kind of background of both characters rather than beginning the story in the middle.
Lizzie
I'd love to say more than it was short. I did like the story and the premise. The characters drew my interest, but than it was over before I could really explore. This was a really good QUICKY!
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
Sweet and short. I'm glad the guy figured out what truly mattered. Although really, Alaska?? Hmm. Expect a sweet HEA story in this one. No real conflict and no hot sex. Just sweet.
Rachel B
cute and well written i just wish there was a full story as you don't have time to get to know the characters. Its just the good last few pages of a romance book
Sheree
Difficult to rate this freebie as it took less than 20 minutes to read completely. I think there was more about the weather conditions than the actual plot.
Roberta Capizzi
Very short story: I read it in ten minutes. It lacks depth and I couldn't connect with the characters.
Jessica
Eh, I liked the authors writing style but I really don't see the point in this short story. It was cute...but nothing happened in it.
Crystal
Wished this one was longer too! It was only 37 pages, would have given more stars if there was more of a book to read/review!
Bridget
Well, hardly could even call this an novella. Took about five minutes to read. Maybe a magazine story. Not much to say.
Olivia
Ουτε καλο ουτε κακο! Μια Χριστουγεννιατικη ιστορια, οπως θα ηθελε καποιος που αγαπαει παντα να καταληγει!!
Daniela
Nice story. VERY short. However, author built enough to get the idea of "forever" romance.
Vickie
Short and to the point, if you like short romance stories this the is for you.
Belinda
Doubts and indecision plague David and Cris. A wonderful quick read.
Victoria
A nice sweet read. Good to get you into the spirit of the season.
SheLove2Read
Short story. Really not long enough to rate but I liked it.
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
Way to short!! But good enough to leave you wanting more!! Awesome!!
Marco
Liked it. Plus, I read it at Christmas time, what makes it better.
Crystal
Even though this was a short read I really enjoyed it.
Greeneyes Belle28
Very good Short Story
Jan
Short, and can't recommend.
  • Watching Her Every Move (Wolf’s Seduction, #1)
  • The Cowboy's Wish
  • Edith
  • Evergreen A Christmas Tale
  • Bride's Holiday Gift (Star Brides #3)
  • Master's Thief
  • Alinora
  • Hysteria
  • My First, My Last
  • Better Late Than Never (Adrianna's, #2)
  • Dark Prelude
  • Hot for the Reunion (The Gridiron Lovers #0.5)
  • Heart On Fire (Werekind, #2.75)
  • Phantom Lovers
  • Tessa's Ambassador
  • Hot Moon Rising
  • Playing Hardball
  • Christmas Catch (The 12 NA's of Christmas)
Hello... thanks for swinging by. I don't log into Goodreads much, so if you have questions, please visit my website to email me through my site.
Thank you!

My other me.... J.C. Daniels

Bio...

Shiloh Walker has been writing since she was a kid. She fell in love with vampires with the book Bunnicula and has worked her way up to the more...ah...serious vampire stories. She loves reading and writing anyt...more
More about Shiloh Walker...
If You Hear Her (The Ash Trilogy, #1) Fragile (Rafferty, #1) Broken (Rafferty, #2) The Missing (The FBI Psychics, #1) If You See Her (The Ash Trilogy, #2)