Start by marking “A Present for Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Present for Christmas

A Present for Christmas

Faced with a choice, David has to decide what matters the most. Home…or the heart.

After completing an assignment in Alaska, he’s about to head home, but he realizes he might be leaving behind his heart—Cris, the woman he fell in love with. Now he has to make a choice. Return home to everything he knows, or take a chance on love.
Nook, 20 pages
Published October 30th 2010 by Walker, Shiloh

To ask other readers questions about A Present for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Present for Christmas

Arlene
Dec 22, 2011 Arlene rated it liked it
This short story was only 37 pages long. It definitely had the potential to be a good book, but ended up just being an okay filler read. If Shiloh Walker has a complete story of these two characters, I’d be interested enough to find out more about Chris and David. It was okay, just too too short and over before it began.
Mojca
Cute, but too short, giving absolutely no explanation as to why Cris wouldn't couldn't leave Alaska. It sounded dire when she thought about it. What, she'd die without snow? Was she a Santa elf or something? What? Tell me, what?!

And a Christmas birthday - how corny is that?
Short & sweet but I liked it :-)
Elena
Dec 05, 2014 Elena rated it liked it
This was very cute but I was expecting an erotic short story - and this was very vanilla...

Also, it would have been much better if we got more background info on these characters... It was said 20 million times, in these few pages, that Cris "absolutely couldn't" move from Alaska, but NOT ONCE was it explained why (and it WAS said that she had NO family, so it wasn't them holding her back...)! How come this guy can move to middle-of-nowhere for her, but she couldn't move to Cincinnati to be with
~ Cariad ~
Nov 22, 2014 ~ Cariad ~ rated it it was ok
Wow. Really, I got nothing...

♥Jamie
Jun 12, 2013 ♥Jamie rated it liked it
A great, free little erotic short story. I'm new to Shiloh Walker books, this only being my second experience with her writing.

Summary:
David's time in Alaska is coming to an end. It was only a temporary consulting job, and now he has a life in Cincinnati to get back to. But he may be leaving more behind than the cold Alaskan snow, he may be leaving his heart. When Cris met David, sparks flew. They just clicked. Spending time with him during his consultation in Alaska has made them closer, and
Marissa Culp
Dec 12, 2011 Marissa Culp rated it really liked it
Shiloh Walker is one of my favorite authors and she did not disappoint with Present for Christmas.

David is a consultant whose temporary job in Alaska is done and on the day before Christmas he’s going home to Ohio. The only problem is he’s leaving behind his girlfriend, a native Alaskan who can’t bear to leave her wilderness state.

Chris knows she loves David, but she just can’t bear to leave her home and family. In order to get away from everything that reminds her of him and their time togeth
Jasmyn
For a super short story, the book delivers a great HEA moment. It's really the only moment, but I was given little bits and pieces of back story to fill in some of the blanks, which really helped me enjoy the characters more. I still wanted more though. Even a couple pages leading up to where it actually starts would have been nice.

However, there was no separation between scenes, which made it very hard to tell the POV-change, which it did fairly often for a short story. But the author had a goo
Shari
Oct 15, 2011 Shari rated it liked it
Another quick and good book. David finds out what matters most and Cris gets the man she wants and a place she calls home. I wish I could say more about it, but it was just that…very quick. He waits at the airport hoping she will come with him. She goes to a friends cabin never expecting him to stay. But can love overcome it all? Read it to find out. It’s not long so it won’t cost you much in time.
Barb
Nov 21, 2012 Barb rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

After completing an assignment in Alaska, he’s about to head home, but he realizes he might be leaving behind his heart...Cris, the woman he fell in love with. Now he has to make a choice. Return home to everything he knows, or take a chance on love.
Chelsea
Dec 16, 2013 Chelsea rated it really liked it
This was short and sweet here was no back ground and no real description of the characters it was mostly emotion and it was enough for the purpose of a short story. There were a few typos which I didn't expect overall good.
Brianna (The Book Vixen)
Cute, simple story. Not predictable; I thought he was going to have a different Christmas gift for her.

This is one story I'd like to read more about. I want to know how they met, how their relationship started, etc.

Nothing spectacular but a sweet short story. Good for in between reads.
Katie
Nov 22, 2013 Katie rated it it was ok
this was a freebie, if it had not been a freebie. i would rated it 1 star. It was not very well developed because i never found out why Cris couldn't move and why being in different states meant that they were broken up. It seemed like it would not be a long lasting relationship.
Maribel reyes
Jan 15, 2012 Maribel reyes rated it it was amazing
A good plot but sadly too short and there are some gaps that I would have liked to be filled. Perhaps if the reader got some kind of background of both characters rather than beginning the story in the middle.
Marsha
Jan 18, 2017 Marsha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
A Present for Christmas by Shiloh Walker is a sweet little short. A nice Christmas love story.
Marco
Dec 25, 2012 Marco rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, in-english
Liked it. Plus, I read it at Christmas time, what makes it better.
Martha
Jan 03, 2011 Martha marked it as won-t-finish
Nook.
Bridget
Sep 13, 2011 Bridget rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-normal, ebook
Well, hardly could even call this an novella. Took about five minutes to read. Maybe a magazine story. Not much to say.
Chom
Nov 14, 2013 Chom rated it liked it
Okay story
Amber Carroll
Dec 18, 2015 Amber Carroll rated it it was ok
Cute but so dang short! It had a lot of potential!
Mya
Mar 07, 2013 Mya rated it liked it
ok short n simple
Crystal
Mar 29, 2013 Crystal rated it liked it
Wished this one was longer too! It was only 37 pages, would have given more stars if there was more of a book to read/review!
Belinda
Apr 19, 2013 Belinda rated it really liked it
Doubts and indecision plague David and Cris. A wonderful quick read.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Sweet and short. I'm glad the guy figured out what truly mattered. Although really, Alaska?? Hmm. Expect a sweet HEA story in this one. No real conflict and no hot sex. Just sweet.
Victoria
Nov 18, 2010 Victoria rated it really liked it
A nice sweet read. Good to get you into the spirit of the season.
Sheree
Nov 01, 2011 Sheree rated it it was ok
Difficult to rate this freebie as it took less than 20 minutes to read completely. I think there was more about the weather conditions than the actual plot.
SheLove2Read
Mar 19, 2011 SheLove2Read rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
Short story. Really not long enough to rate but I liked it.
Olivia
Nov 11, 2012 Olivia rated it liked it
Shelves: my-books
Ουτε καλο ουτε κακο! Μια Χριστουγεννιατικη ιστορια, οπως θα ηθελε καποιος που αγαπαει παντα να καταληγει!!
Rachel (aka Ms4Tune)
cute and well written i just wish there was a full story as you don't have time to get to know the characters. Its just the good last few pages of a romance book
Greeneyes Belle28
Feb 20, 2011 Greeneyes Belle28 rated it it was amazing
Very good Short Story
  • Edith
  • Frosted Midnight (The 12 NA's of Christmas)
  • Watching Her Every Move (Wolf’s Seduction, #1)
  • Evergreen A Christmas Tale
  • The Cowboy's Wish
  • Hysteria
  • The Christmas Sisters
  • Alinora
  • A Fair of the Heart (Welcome to Redemption, #1)
  • Busted
  • Nikki and the Vampire
  • Hot Moon Rising
  • A Heart Is A Home: Christmas in Texas (Texas Lovers, #2)
  • Dark Star (Rockers of Storm Crow #3)
Hello... thanks for swinging by. I don't log into Goodreads much, so if you have questions, please visit my website to email me through my site.
Thank you!

My other me.... J.C. Daniels

Bio...

Shiloh Walker has been writing since she was a kid. She fell in love with vampires with the book Bunnicula and has worked her way up to the more...ah...serious vampire stories. She loves reading and writing anyt
More about Shiloh Walker...