Start by marking “A Horse and a Hero (Disney Tangled)” as Want to Read:
A Horse and a Hero (Disney Tangled)

A Horse and a Hero (Disney Tangled)

Disney's newest heroine, Rapunzel, will make her debut in fall 2010 with the theatrical release of Tangled. This Step 2 reader based on the film is sure to be a hit with little girls everywhere.
Published January 11th 2011 by RH/Disney

To ask other readers questions about A Horse and a Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Horse and a Hero

Megengelter
Similar to the first level book – with colorful and appealing cover – mimics part of Tangled's storyline. More words per page which may have provided an opportunity to be more repetitive. Again, similar to the first level, there are bright illustrations and the same size font. There are more words for a 2 page spread in this book. This book feels more like a Step 2 – which it is.

Sample text (per 2 page spread):
'Maximus was a palace horse. He was brave. He was loyal. He was strong.”
“Flynn was a
Katie Fitzgerald
I have yet to see Disney’s version of the Rapunzel story, so I have no idea how true this book is to the film, but it seems like a pretty straightforward, bare bones telling of what happens. Kids who have seen the movie will undoubtedly be drawn to the book as well, as the illustrations are bright and filled with action, but not having seen the movie, I was pretty lost. But movie tie-ins all tend to seem the same anyway.
Jennifer Lavoie
Dec 07, 2013 Jennifer Lavoie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animals, kindergarten
For my kindergarten students who have seen Tangled, this will be a good way for them to read the whole story and know they're right. For my kids who haven't, this is a great, simple way to introduce the story to them. For as short as it is, it does a great job of telling the basic plot line.

Though it'll be interesting it one asks me what a pub is.
Sidney
This is an abridged version of the movie Tangled. I loved the movie so I loved this book. This book focused more on Maximus the horse and how brave and loyal he was to Rapunzel and later to Flynn. This story is a story that some kids may know and when they read it, they have a better understanding of what they are reading. It is a great young reader book and overall a fun read.
Nikki
Apr 05, 2015 Nikki rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, disney
This a great book for children learning to read or just a short book to read to a child. It tells most of the story of Tangled in just a few pages. It's very cute, and the pictures are wonderful. There a few places where the author could have worded it better but overall it was an amazing story. Tangled fans, young children, and parents will love it.
Kristina
Nov 20, 2016 Kristina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
of course this book is cute. if you are a fan of tangled you will enjoy this book. it's a good book for beginner readers. I would recommend this book to others.
Celticoracle
Dec 29, 2015 Celticoracle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mini-me
I was kind of hoping this would be some kind of "Further Adventures of Flynn and Maximus" but it was just the Tangled story again. Decent for what it was.
Holly
Apr 08, 2013 Holly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: carson-s
Very nicely written level 2 book. Enough words to be a little challenging but follows the Tangled movie close enough to assist little ones along.
Virginie Gimenez
Virginie Gimenez rated it liked it
May 01, 2014
Samantha Horton
Samantha Horton rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2015
Sarah rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
Oct 12, 2011
Louisa
Louisa rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Lucy
Lucy rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2011
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2013
Miss Melissa
Miss Melissa rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2011
Shayla Drumm
Shayla Drumm rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Heidi Blum
Heidi Blum rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2013
Jo Ann Crist
Jo Ann Crist rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Kathleen Scheets
Kathleen Scheets rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Meg
Meg rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Katelynn
Katelynn rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2012
Helen
Helen rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Terence weiller
Terence weiller rated it did not like it
Mar 28, 2011
Miles Nelson
Miles Nelson rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2013
Dec 20, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
A good comparison of two opposites working together.
Ryan Williams
Ryan Williams rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Sarah rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2016
Chloe White
Chloe White rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2014