Start by marking “The Deadliest Men: The World's Deadliest Combatants Throughout the Ages” as Want to Read:
The Deadliest Men: The World's Deadliest Combatants Throughout the Ages

The Deadliest Men: The World's Deadliest Combatants Throughout the Ages

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Who were the greatest warriors of all time? This book profiles 50, including Myamoto Musashi, Jim Bowie and Geronimo, who faced overwhelming odds, survived terrible wounds, pulled off hairbreadth escapes and piled enemies in heaps. Their stories read like fiction but are all the more riveting because they are true.
Published September 1st 2001 by Paladin Press (first published August 31st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Deadliest Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Deadliest Men

Phyrman21
The only downside to this book is that some of the stories were too short. I really wanted more details. I could read an entire book on the lives of most of the people featured in this one.

Despite what the title may lead one to believe, these are not horrible criminals. Most are everyday people in extraordinary circumstances. Some of these great killers killed as part of their lifestyle: like the Vikings and samurai warriors. Some were soldiers. Some were none of those.

Anyway, you can read the
Jon Penny
When I first started reading this book, I found it rather dry/dull. A month later I picked it up and couldn't put it down. So I will say that some this book depends on one's mood. (Prepare for an odd analogy) When my father would order a steak in a restaurant, invariably he would be asked if he wanted any steak sauce. His reply was always the same, "I better not want steak sauce." His feeling was if the steak was quality he would never cover it up with sauce, if he needed steak sauce that meant ...more
Jeremiah
Good book. Not terribly in depth but great stories.
Jaime
Excellent factual book!
William
Interesting read from writers perspective on heroics and fortitude on the battleground through several phases in history. The name is somewhat misleading as there are several prominent women featured.
Tom
I have worn out two copies of this book, one reading and re-readimg and one lending to everyone else. A great book
Jason
Jason added it
May 14, 2015
Ritch Flynn
Ritch Flynn marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Matt Mccullars
Matt Mccullars marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Becky Marx
Becky Marx marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Raymond
Raymond marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Samuel
Samuel marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Samantha Allen
Samantha Allen marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Michael Jones
Michael Jones marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Hal Johnson
Hal Johnson marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Big Book of Losers The Bus Everything You Know Is Wrong Jim Cirillo's Tales Of The Stakeout Squad The Big Book of Bad (Paradox Press series of Big Books)