Start by marking “4 Killer Crime Stories in 4 Minutes” as Want to Read:
4 Killer Crime Stories in 4 Minutes

4 Killer Crime Stories in 4 Minutes

2.42 of 5 stars 2.42  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  9 reviews
* Named best crime flash fiction of 2010 by Jimmy Callaway, flash fiction demi-god. *

* Stories published previously in The Flash Fiction Offensive, a progressive crime flash fiction website. *

From the author of the crime novel, "Cleansing Eden," comes this collection of intensely satisfying crime flash fiction:

- "Purgatory at the Pump 'n' Loaf," about a murder at a gas sta
Kindle Edition
Published October 19th 2010 (first published August 30th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about 4 Killer Crime Stories in 4 Minutes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 4 Killer Crime Stories in 4 Minutes

Kate L
First off, I have to say I am incredibly impressed that such short stories actually had this much depth and substance. I was extremely skeptical, and to be honest, didn't really have high expectations, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Since 4 Killer Crime Stories in 4 Minutes (really more like 8 minutes :) tells 4 surprisingly explosive stories in an extremely abrupt and concise manner, I thought, in honor of the book, I would do the same with my review, so here is the breakdown of the stori ...more
Ralph
This was a mediocre book that I wouldn't recommend to anyone. None of the stories have any semblance of plot and simply narrated a few events. The author tried to be cute and use "creative" language which ended up looking cheap and amateurish. Instead of telling a story he uses cheap gimmicks to be original that completely backfired on him.

Story one is simply a list of events. 1) Character did this. 2) Character did that. 3) Character did this.

Story two. Has. Period every. Couple. Words. That ma
Benjamin Sobieck
Apr 18, 2011 Benjamin Sobieck added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my flash fiction collection. You can guess what I think of it. So I'll spare you the self-serving review.

If you liked it, I think you'll definitely enjoy flash fiction from authors Jimmy Callaway, Paul D. Brazill, Josh Converse, Matthew C. Funk, Erin Cole, Lily Childs and B.R. Stateham. Those are only a few of the flash authors I follow, and each is more than worth your time.

If you're new to this style of flash fiction, be sure to check out Crime Factory magazine, Out of the Gutter maga
KyBunnies
The book is just totally stupid to me. Sorry to the author about having the kidney transplant and trying to help defray the cost of it. This was a free book in the Kindle store but not worth the time downloading or reading.
Cathy
1. Purgatory at the Pump 'n' Loaf
What is justice?

2. Use the Pillow
Always pay your bills.

3. You're the Boss
...and you better believe it.

4. Timmy Says Put This in an eBook
Letter from a killer to a young admirer.
Cheryl
Jun 11, 2011 Cheryl rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommended to Cheryl by: Amazon-Free Kindle book
First was sort of ok, 2nd had an interesting concept, the rest, I didn't care for but everyone's tastes are different.

Note: Provided free by Amazon.com
Doreen
Sep 26, 2011 Doreen rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Noone
Don't waste your time. But the author does have a good sense of humor...
Diane
Horrible. Thank goodness this was free.
Alexis
Alexis added it
Nov 12, 2014
Ezra Mcgainey
Ezra Mcgainey marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Jeff Schmitt
Jeff Schmitt marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Bufo Calvin
Bufo Calvin marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
tm
tm added it
Jul 09, 2013
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2012
Carl Larson
Carl Larson marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2012
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2012
Cleansing Eden - The Celebrity Murders Who Whacked The Blogger? Maynard Soloman Solves The War On Drugs Maynard Soloman & The Job-Nabbin' Illegal Immigrants Maynard Soloman Proves Santa Claus is Real