Start by marking “Il demone malvagio” as Want to Read:
Il demone malvagio

Il demone malvagio (The Hollows #2)

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  48,757 Ratings  ·  1,512 Reviews
Secondo volume della serie con protagonista la strega Rachel Morgan, ex agente della Inderland Runner Services che ha deciso di lavorare per proprio conto come cacciatrice di taglie messe su demoni e vampiri criminali.

Rachel continua a vivere con la sua amica Ivy – un vampiro – in un’antica chiesa nel cui giardino abita il suo aiutante, il folletto Jenks. Potrebbe essere u
Paperback, TIF Extra, 320 pages
Published June 17th 2009 by Fanucci (first published January 25th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Il demone malvagio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Il demone malvagio

Jessica ❁ Far Dareis Mai ❁ Rabid Reads
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

If I still had any doubts about The Hollows when I finished the Dead Witch Walking, The Good, the Bad, and the Undead laid them to rest.

Book 2 begins with Rachel and Jenks in the middle of a run. Several months has passed since the first bookended, and without a death threat hanging over her head, Rachel is free to pursue her new career as an independent runner. Nick is now officially Rachel's boyfriend, and the roommate situation with Ivy seems to have calmed down now th
Robin Wiley
Sep 10, 2009 Robin Wiley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read most of the majors in this genre: Stoker, Rice, Harrison, Harris, King, Hamilton, Meyer, Newman, and Kostova. I've seen Blade, Underworld, Buffy, Angel, Van Helsing, 30 Days of Night, Moonlight and Dark Shadows (not saying they are all good, mind you). So, I think I've consumed enough of the vampire genre to have some opinions.

My theory about Twilight. People with little to no experience with the vampire genre LOVE this series. Most readers who have consumed their fair amount of vampir
Robin (Bridge Four)
Rachel Mariana Morgan, you are the character in the movie that I yell at. That I scream at “Don’t go into that empty warehouse! Don’t practice spells you know nothing about! Never talk with Demons!!!” But does she listen NOOOO….No wonder she is always in some sort of crisis.

Rachel isn’t my favorite heroine and normally that would be enough to steer me away from a series but I really enjoy all the other parts of the series. There is enough humor, mystery and other interesting characters to keep m
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
The second book in the Hollows series is written much better than the haphazard style of Dead Witch Walking. I'm glad I stuck with the series because it's a really unique and interesting one. Firstly, it seems like the author has done with some good editing and slowly interweaves the world building with what is happening at the time, instead of having huge info dumps at random intervals.

Rachel Morgan slowly learns to stand on her own and develop her powers further in this book. As an FIB consul
Jonetta
Jan 18, 2015 Jonetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got so bogged down by the world building of the first book I put the series on hiatus. This time I switched to the audio format and it turned out to be a brilliant move as the narrator, Marguerite Gavin, gives an inspired performance.

There are many lingering questions from Dead Witch Walking that are resolved in this story (what is Trent, who unleashed the demon on Rachel, who is Ivy really, etc.). And, some I had that are still outstanding but we get more info on, enough to whet the appetite
Laz
Jul 25, 2015 Laz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: urban fantasy lovers
I'll say it again. If you're fan of a good read with amazing characters with snarky retorts and sassy attitudes and you love yourself some action-packed urban fantasy then don't hesitate, do read this. I am most pleased by how this book turned out. It was a nice surprise that it kept getting better than the first novel and I actually liked it even more. Since I gave the first book 5 stars it's only fair that I give this 5 stars as well.

There is a little bit more romance in this one. If you remem
La Mala  ✌
description

ACLARACIÓN: Aunque esta reseña tiene marcado 'spoilers' después de cada ítem, no suelo spoilear nada. Es decir, no escribo nada que arruine la trama principal. (En caso de hacerlo, lo advierto previamente con una nueva marca de spoiler>!! O sea, te encajo un spoiler adentro del spoiler, porque estoy muy jugada, y soy re heavy y re jodida.)

TÍTULO: The Good, The Bad and the Undead (libro N2 en la serie "The Hollows")

Género: Fantasía Urbana.

¿De qué trata? : Rachel Morgan (the good?) , se m
valee
Mar 02, 2010 valee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
WOW! Just WOW.

This book was so different from the first one. I loved it, I would have given 5 stars to it if it wasn't for that very, VERY slow beginning. I mean, the first half of the book I wanted to burn up the book because nothing really happened. It took me 4 days to read the first half and 1 to read the next.
About that second half, I enjoyed it so much I couldn't stop reading it, even though I was full with work for college.

What I loved the most about this book was that you see Rachel turn
Obsidian
Jul 17, 2015 Obsidian rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is my buddy read of the Hollows series with Moonlight Reader.

As it stands I only like two characters at this point, and one of them is a murderer. The other characters are not smart, keep doing increasing dumb things, and are just awful. Besides the characters, the world building at this point makes no sense. We have another mythical creature coming out to play, and it makes no sense in the larger context of the world that Rachel lives in right now. Maybe if I cared enough I would have re-
Kristy
Jan 14, 2009 Kristy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay this book was a better than the first but it really took me a lot longer than is typical for me to get through the first half of the book. I don't know what Kim Harrison is trying to do in her writing but the first half of her books are really tedious and boring. You make it through it and the second half is interesting, exciting, full of suspence. I wish she'd put as much effort in the first half of her books as she does in the second.

Rachel seems to be a more rounded character in this boo
Wendi
Apr 13, 2016 Wendi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, urban, adult
Re-read Feb 2015
Jane Stewart
Heroine’s recklessness and mistakes get her into trouble which is too close to stupidity for me.

If you like to lose yourself in an urban fantasy world, this is a good one. But I want stories where character and plot are the main draws. Here not much happens to support the plot. The setting has a wide variety of paranormals: witches, vampires, pixies, elves, werewolves, and demons. I like the way they live, work, and interact with each other and humans in current day.

My biggest problem is that I
Meagan
Mar 26, 2008 Meagan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know what exactly it is that Harrison is doing right, but let's exaime. First off I really like the world/universe/dimension (how ever you want to look at it) that she has created. It seems completely plausible in its own way. Plus it mixes in a bit of science with it's fantasy, which is nice. 2. I really enjoy the charecters. They're beleivable and described so well. THe "hero" Rachel Morgan, is that blessed kind that is easy to get addicted to. She has power and connections way beyond ...more
Kribu
Three stars, but a much stronger three stars than what I gave the first book.

There was a little too much vamp-desire going on, and a few too many word choice issues ("a complimentary desert", "the woman is like a cacti", "then" where it should have been "than", etc) that made me stop and raise an eyebrow, to push this into the "really liked it" territory for me yet, but I did enjoy it a great deal - if after the first book I wasn't entirely sure whether I'd want to continue the series or not, t
Lauren
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead
3 Stars

The first book in the series was entertaining enough to continue on to the second, but Rachel and Ivy’s creepy relationship had me putting the book on the back burner halfway through. Nevertheless, a buddy read pulled me back into the story about a year later and I’m grateful to my buddies as the book improved a great deal in the second half.

Harrison’s world building is very engaging. The dichotomy between humans and supernaturals and the distinctions betw
Chandra
Oct 18, 2013 Chandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Story Rating 4.5 Stars
Character Rating 4.5 Stars
Romance Rating 1.5 Stars
Heat Level 1 Stars
Overall Rating 3 Stars

description

So…I tried to read this one a few different times, and I could never get myself to finish the sample on my Kindle. Well, I finally broke down because I wanted a good paranormal/fantasy read, and I’m super glad I did.
Was the beginning incredibly slow? Yes.
Was the rest of the book worth the horrible beginning? Heck yeah!
description

First, what I didn’t like…
The first 10% of the book.
It was sooooo b
Patrick D'Orazio
I was able to read Dead Witch Walking and this book back to back, allowing for a smooth transition into Rachel's second adventure. She is free of her contract now but still seemingly facing death every day from many different sources: Were's who want their property back that she stole, Trent Kalamack, who she suspects is once again the bad guy in her main case, Piscary, one of the oldest and most powerful vamps in the city, her human boyfriend who can't seem to resist the urge to keep summoning ...more
CRO
I'm giving this book 3 1/4 stars - but it didn't start at that level - I had to drag myself through the first third of this book that I definitely consider 2 - 2 1/2 star reading. It's only because I liked the first Hollows book so much that I had the faith to push through so that I could get to the last 2/3 of the book - the last part more than made up for the first.

What I didn't like: Oh God - I hate and deplore the titles of this series - ick - spoofs of movie titles. What is with urban fanta
Deea (Andreea)
Oct 31, 2014 Deea (Andreea) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, uf
*happy sigh* This books makes me happy. One of my favorite endings... And favorite books in the series, period. So much Trent, Kisten AND Al greatness (yes, I am aware of how that sounds). And I LOVE re-reading this at a slower pace and enjoying the ride, especially knowing what I know now...
Marianne
The Hollows continues to intrigue me. This novel was far more action packed than its predecessor. No wonder since the world building is now in place. IMHO the high ratings are well deserved.

In this installment, Rachel is trying to set herself up as an independent runner, but for the most part failing miserably. She continually gets stiffed by her employers. Nearly broke, she accepts a job as a consultant for the FIB. They're trying to solve missing persons report and a string of ley magic relate
Charlie
Even better than book 1, this was completely addicting.

Poor Rachel, she really gets in the middle of the worst kind of trouble. She really is a waling disaster but I think that's part of what makes her so likeable.

I loved Al's part in this. He's completely deranged, calculating, manipulative and utterly charming. He's definitely one of my favourite characters in the series. Looking back, I'm picking up things I missed the first time round and watching his and Rachel's relationship grow all ove
Carly
Jan 19, 2015 Carly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy, fluf
Book Reaction (not a full review)

Somebody's killing ley line witches, which is probably not a good thing, so the FIB hires Rachel to investigate, despite the fact that even she knows that she has absolutely no aptitude for detective work. Rachel still has her demon-mark, her boyfriend is dabbling in demon magic, and the demon is lurking around and playing the Generically British Evil Tempter, and Trent is behaving even more suspiciously than usual.

I'm still enjoying these books, although I think
Meigan
I see now why this series has such a huge following. This book was worlds better than its predecessor. After reading Dead Witch Walking, I was on the fence about whether or not I would continue this series and I'm glad that I moved on to the second book (and will definitely be finishing the entire series!).

Rachel is pulled in as a consultant for the FIB, helping them on a case where witches are being murdered. Naturally, because of her former IS status, she is not only recognized but also meets
Natasha
Oct 17, 2009 Natasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing edition to the Hollow series. This is the second installment in the series and I loved it! The characters are pretty much the same but there's a few new ones also. I'm hooked in The Hollows world. Kim has proven herself to be very well versed in mythology, lore and all different kinds of religion. I love how she writes, and her books have a great amount of action and mystery and a bit a romance. When I picked Dead Witch Walking a while ago, I haven't even heard all the hype befor ...more
Ashleigh Cartmill
Sep 05, 2009 Ashleigh Cartmill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires, fantasy, humor
Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~
What can I say about The Good the Bad & the Undead, it was fantastic, it had it all, witches, vamps, pixies, demons, action, fight scenes, an amazing sex scene what else could you ask for, I'm a bit biased because witches are my go to books. This second instalment in The Hollows series is worth the read.

Rachel Morgan earth witch, ex IS runner turned bounty hunter is back after surviving a death threat now trying to make the rent while living in a church with her business partner Ivy a livin
Dana Willhoit
There are parts of this book I'd rate a five, but there are parts I'd rate a "two". I love the magical world the author has created, I love the Rachel Morgan character most of the time, Jenks the Pixie and his family are awesome, and she's generally good at creating suspense.

There are parts of this series that are too repetitive, though. Who else is sick of reading, for the 30th time, about Rachel walking into a room with a vampire in it and turning into a puddle of helpless lust because of her
Lizzy
This was a satisfying read to address many of the questions I had running through my head from book one. Be forewarned, if you are an impatient reader, then you may find this book frustrating. This is another relatively long book and most of the juicy story action doesn’t transpire until later on. I’m coming around to like Rachel a little more and I am enjoying this series.
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I'm enjoying the series itself: the plots are great, writing is even better, and the audio narrator does an excellent job. My issue is that I dislike Rachel so much. Hopefully that will change.
Urban Fantasy ser...: April SRA: THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UNDEAD by Kim Harrison 4 10 Apr 24, 2016 11:24AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question #2 9 8 Apr 12, 2016 07:03PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question #1 17 12 Apr 12, 2016 06:57PM
Continuing The Hollows 7 36 Jul 09, 2015 12:06PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: * The Good, The Bad and the Undead 29 15 Feb 02, 2015 09:18AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question #19 18 7 Feb 02, 2015 09:00AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question #17 5 6 Jan 31, 2015 05:49AM
  • Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer, #3)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock, #2)
  • Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4)
  • Dead Man Rising (Dante Valentine, #2)
  • City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3)
  • Grave Dance (Alex Craft, #2)
  • The Devil You Know (Morgan Kingsley, #2)
  • Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2)
  • Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville, #4)
  • One Salt Sea (October Daye, #5)
  • Arcane Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #4)
  • Dayhunter (Dark Days, #2)
Kim Harrison, author of the New York Times #1 best selling Hollows series, was born in Detroit and lived most her her life within an easy drive. She's currently working on the Peri Reed Chronicles, and when not at her desk, is most likely to be found landscaping her new/old Victorian home, in the garden, or on the links.
Kim reaches out to her audience at Facebook https://www.facebook.com/KimHarris
More about Kim Harrison...

The Hollows (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1)
  • Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3)
  • A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, #4)
  • For a Few Demons More (The Hollows, #5)
  • The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows, #6)
  • White Witch, Black Curse (The Hollows, #7)
  • Black Magic Sanction (The Hollows, #8)
  • Pale Demon (The Hollows, #9)
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Ever After (The Hollows, #11)

“I told you, computers are like women. If you shout at them or ask them to do too many things at once, they shut down and you won't even get a sniff" pg. 4” 236 likes
“Come work for me, and I’ll tell you.”
My eyes went to his. “You are a thief, a cheat, a murderer, and a not-nice man,” I said calmly. “I don’t like you.”
He shrugged, the motion making him look utterly harmless. “I’m not a thief,” he said. “And I don’t mind manipulating you into working for me when I need it.” He smiled, showing me perfect teeth. “I enjoy it, actually.”
97 likes