Start by marking “Stanley in Space” as Want to Read:
Stanley in Space

Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley #3)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  695 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Originally published: London: Methuen, 1990.
Published May 1st 2003 by Turtleback Books (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Stanley in Space, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stanley in Space

Arwen
Talk about milking an idea too far. Flat Stanley is a truly fun book for kids. Stanley Flat Again is also pretty good. This one is just ridiculous, and takes the suspension of disbelief too far.
Adam
I liked the part about a planet that was really different from earth.
Amber
Not as good as the 1st book but a good story.
Sarah Sammis
I first ran into Stanley Lambchop through the "Flat Stanley Project" when Sean and I participated in a Flat Stanley in 2005. Stanley Lambchop, though is a character from a number of books by Jeff Brown, the first being Flat Stanley (1964).

Stanley in Space is one of the last books in the series and was published the year Jeff Brown died (2003). In it, Stanley and his family (for reasons unknown to me) are requested to fly into space to visit a distant planet that the United States and Britain ha
Richard
I am all for children's stories bending the laws of physics and ignoring certain rules of logic in order to tell the story, but the amount of silliness and lack of logic here just annoyed me. It is difficult to say why i breeze through a dozen volumes of astrosaurs, completely ignoring the impossibility of a stegosaurus being the captain of a spaceship, when the mention of what the crew in 'Stanley' had to get rid of and to what degree, in order to get the Tyrrans into their spaceship, totally a ...more
Ensiform
The Lambchops are contacted by the President, who confides to them that the Earth has been contacted by an alien planet, Tyrra, and that the USA plans to send a normal American family on a mission of peace. When they arrive, the Lambchops find they have been borough to Tyrra under false pretenses, but decide to help the Tyrrans, who are not bad at heart, and only a few inches tall.

I read this to my kindergarten class, and found it even rougher going than the previous book, as Brown’s style of di
Kris at Book Wishes
Stanley in Space is a really cute adventure of Flat Stanley as his family and him travel in space to a planet that has sent a message to Earth! My children love these adventures this is the 3rd book with Flat Stanley we have read. On this adventure he teaches everyone that it is better to be helpful and kind than take things from people.

Stanley's family gets to know the Tyrran's which are tiny people on a different planet in need of help so Stanley's family has to find a way to help!

I recommend
Asield014
Well, I thought this book was a good book to read and that it was also an interesting book to read. I liked this book because I enjoy reading this type of book series and their's more than 1 book to read. I also like this book because since I have read this book more than once so I have connections and more thoughts about the book the more times I read it. So this Is why I like this book.
When I read this book It makes me feel like I can read even more. I gave this book 5 stars because when I rea
ImaginationNotebook
Like the other books this book had nothing special about it. I was hoping for something a bit more exiting but I was disappointed. I wouldn't recommend you to read.
Tara
My boys loved this story. It kept their attention and they're only 2 and 4. Now you know it's a good story when toddlers will sit and listen.
Kati
Another great story about Stanley Lambchop (aka Flat Stanley, although he's not flat in this adventure)and his family. This one has the Lambchop family going to space on a mission for the President. When they arrive at the planet of Tyrra, they find the residents there were not really being friendly when they sent their message. Stanley and his family are almost captured by the Tyrrans, until they realize they are only three inches tall. After becoming friends with the Tyrran people the Lambchop ...more
Nick
Danny
Stanly isn't ordinary boy. Not ordinary things happen to him. He got flat, he got invisible, stuff like that.
This time, the president of United State of America choose stanly's family to ride on space ship 'Star Scout'.
So they went and they land on Tyrran's planet and Tyrrans told their planet became toxic because of wrong science experience. So Tyrrans moved to earth.(Because they were very small and all of their weight was just enough to ride 'Star Scout.)
Nicole
Nov 10, 2010 Nicole rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Flat Stanley fans
I wasn't very impressed with this book, but my son seemed to like it. It's an extremely cheesy, far-fetched adventure where the President of the United States calls up the Lampchops and recruits them for a mission to save a planet in space called Tyrra. I did think the naming of all the people on Tyrra was clever (Ap, Ik, Ot, etc.). Again, not one I would recommend, but my son liked it.
Dom Conlon
I liked this a bit more than my son did. We read it together and I enjoyed the adventure. It's well written of course and fans of Flat Stanley won't be disappointed.
Fix Relaxed
This book is about a normal familiy but not stanley he was flat one day because of a big bulliten board fell on him while he was sleeping.... and now he gets to go on a space ship called star scout to another planet called Tyrra and when they get there there little people of 3 inches tall... im gonna stop not to ruin the book fo u guys
Tommy
Stanley in space is about this family that goes in space. The family goes to the plantet tryra. The starts counting 10 said the control.They press the start buttion 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 blast off.Then they were in space and stanley wonders if the tryra people were nice. you will find out the rest when read the book
Randy

I gave this book a 4 becuse in some ports it dint sae how they fiks the rockit.
My favert port was wene they were still in the rokit and the dad's pants fall
and the parsnt was lafing at hem so date was my favert port of the book.
Dree
I don't get why Stanley is so popular. This one is even worse. It seems very forced and has many inconsistencies. My 7yo kept walking away, though he did enjoy the pictures of the Tyrrans. And started begging to go to Legoland to see Miniland, again.
soldier
In this book a boy named Stanley Lambchop has a chance to go to space with his familly.When they get there first the space people treated them bad then they started to be friends and they show Stanley and his familly their world.
Amy
Bea says she enjoyed this book - and certainly it held her attention. It isn't at all scientific/realistic about space exploration, if that matters to you. See review of "Flat Stanley" for my take on this.
Ethan
It is a funny book. I liked most about this book that they got to go into the Star Scout where they blast off! It would be fun to go in space like him! It would really be fun to be an astronaut!
Sauleh
This book is about this kid named stanley, he has 1 brother. He goes on this trip into space with his whole family, he finds this whole little miny city with tiny people and he helps them.
Mackenzie
My kid loves the original Flat Stanley books and the Flat Stanley Worldwide Adventure books. They are great books to help transition from picture books to chapter books.
Claire
My Son loves the Stanley stories and this one was no exception. Obviously not accurate about space travel, it's all a bit of fun. That's all that's important when you're 5 :)
Summer
The kids had a hard time paying attention to this one. Maybe we will give stanely a little break and try something else for a while.
Kamicarlson
Cameron says..."You should not fear the 3 inch space guys. I recommend it to all people who have read any Flat Stanley books."
Sydney
the president heard up stanley's invisibility. she asks stanley to go to this planet where they meet tiny people.
  • The Class Election from the Black Lagoon
  • March Of The Ankylosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #3)
  • The Littles Go Exploring
  • Nate the Great and the Big Sniff
  • Unicorns Don't Give Sleigh Rides (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #28)
  • The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9)
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Stink and the Great Guinea Pig Express (Stink, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Circus Clown (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #7)
  • Horrible Harry and the Holidaze

Jeff Brown had worked in Hollywood and as an editor and writer in New York before creating Flat Stanley, a hero for the youngest readers whose adventures, with illustrations by Tomi Ungerer, were first published in 1964. Flat Stanley became the star of a series of perpetually popular books. The last, "Stanley, F
More about Jeff Brown...
Flat Stanley (Flat Stanley, #1) Stanley, Flat Again! (Flat Stanley, #6) Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4) Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2) Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)